• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Marketting

DeletedUser117019

Players can use the market to barter items like lumber, gold, etc. BUT no matter how much coins or supplies one has one cannot change them for items, medals or diamonds. Diamonds can only be bought with real money. I know the owners of the game want to make real money so only diamonds can be used to buy supplies so one has to spend real money not use the coins or supplies and nothing can buy a medal and only medals or diamonds can buy land that is apart from winning extensions by fighting and winning.
I would like everything to be exchanged at the market. One can always use real money to buy when one does not have enough of anything in order to progress forward.
How many people have a lot of coins and supplies but are blocked from progressing because they need an item like cloth or gold and try to barter but nobody makes a sale so after several days the offer is erased and one has to try again?

DeletedUser108359

Diamonds can only be won or bought and they are the main currency in the game. Sale of diamonds are how Inno makes money, its a business and somone has to pay for it.
Medals are also one of the main ways of buying expansions and for gvg, they will never allow those to be traded. either.
No one is ever likely to trade anything for coins and supplies ( something that has been suggested before ) simply because even if Inno did allow it, higher age players have normally more than they can use, and lower age players will have (theoretically ) nothing worth buying.
Goods trades are very very easy, if you shop around in your guild, hood or friends you can normally find someone who can help

So whilst in theory your ( many times suggested ) idea might be lovely, practically it will never be implemented.
Only thing you can do is learn to work with what you have and live in hope. :D

I think in truth most of us have all these great ideas to make the game easier or quicker and get everything we want.
But think it through, how much of a good game would it be if everything was just handed to us on a golden platter, very very soon it would become boring and most of us would just look for new challenges elsewhere.
Perhaps there is method to their madness after all :D

Attachments

• Rough Seas.jpg
    Rough Seas.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 7

DeletedUser117019

Diamonds can only be won or bought and they are the main currency in the game. Sale of diamonds are how Inno makes money, its a business and somone has to pay for it.
Medals are also one of the main ways of buying expansions and for gvg, they will never allow those to be traded. either.
No one is ever likely to trade anything for coins and supplies ( something that has been suggested before ) simply because even if Inno did allow it, higher age players have normally more than they can use, and lower age players will have (theoretically ) nothing worth buying.
Goods trades are very very easy, if you shop around in your guild, hood or friends you can normally find someone who can help

So whilst in theory your ( many times suggested ) idea might be lovely, practically it will never be implemented.
Only thing you can do is learn to work with what you have and live in hope. :D

I think in truth most of us have all these great ideas to make the game easier or quicker and get everything we want.
But think it through, how much of a good game would it be if everything was just handed to us on a golden platter, very very soon it would become boring and most of us would just look for new challenges elsewhere.
Perhaps there is method to their madness after all :D

DeletedUser117019

You have made a good argument. In essence my point is to extend marketting to include coins and supplies. I use diamonds sparingly because if I keep buying diamonds for real money then for me Inno can no longer claim that the game is free. Naturally Inno want to make a profit but as I just wrote they should not say the game is free but say that it can be played without spending real money but so doing will cause blockages and to overcome the blockages one must pay real money but it is cheap and like gambling it depends on how much a player wants to spend to get ahead.
People who just say stop moaning have missed the point and contribute nothing to a discussion.

DeletedUser96901

it is forbidden to suggest trading other things than goods

Emberguard

Legend
Diamonds can only be won or bought and they are the main currency in the game.
I disagree diamonds are the main currency of the game. If you removed all diamonds the game would still function the same. Whereas FPs are required to upgrade everything.​

You can certainly get a lot from diamonds sure and it's what allows the game to be free to play, but their main use is getting extra space and event buildings.

it is forbidden to suggest trading other things than goods
Yep. That

DeletedUser96901

How many people have a lot of coins and supplies but are blocked from progressing because they need an item like cloth or gold and try to barter but nobody makes a sale so after several days the offer is erased and one has to try again?
btw
it is already possible to do FP for goods deals

search somebody who sells what you need

and if you have a lot of coins then you could buy a lot of FP
with those FP you could buy a lot of cloth or gold

and if really nobody sells what you need then you could do it like people in 2012 (where players where much better than today)
produce it yourself

Emberguard

Legend
[…] In essence my point is to extend marketting to include coins and supplies. I use diamonds sparingly because if I keep buying diamonds for real money then for me Inno can no longer claim that the game is free.[…] but so doing will cause blockages and to overcome the blockages one must pay real money […]
That's only true if you're impatient or want more then 1 event building per event. You don't need diamonds. In some ways I've gotten further on a world with barely any diamonds then on the world I use buckets of diamonds. Once you build up your military GBs you can actually generate diamonds regularly from GE lvl 4

What advances you in the game is your ability to work with others in a guild, how much time you put into your own city and whether you're willing to work on understanding [and applying] the intricacies of the game

The forum weekly competition is one good way to speed things up due to there being no limitation on number of winners.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/week-103-2019-04-22.37560/

Current week could win you a full set of BPs. Post in the thread and you could even use the time to ask for advice there on how to get ahead without the use of diamonds. The regulars there have quite a bit of experience among themselves

DeletedUser

I really fail to see the issue here. Forge of Empires is about building a city, now this requires the balance of goods, coin and supplies, so you build and balance your growing cities accordingly.

Forge of Empires is not a five minute wonder game (unless you spend loads and get bored), it is a game of patience, stratergy and careful planning.

But ha impatience seems to be the curse of today's youth, they want it all and now.