• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Search for GBs -

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser117361

Proposal:
Search function for GBs in neighbors/guild/friends lists.
Possibly including an option to sort according to how close a GB is to being done leveling.

Reason:
I wish this game had a search function for GBs in my neighbors/guild/friends lists. I'm sick and tired of this micromanagement of clicking on each individual player's tiny icon to look up their GBs.

It's true that only this way one can spot good investment opportunities in GBs that are close to being leveled but still, if I'm just on a lookout for specific GBs I want BPs for it's like rummaging through a dumpster.

Also an option to sort according to how close a GB is to being done leveling would be more then handy.

Most hunts for GB investments are based on whether a GB is close to being done. It doesn't matter to whom it belongs, the main criteria is its progress and possibly the type of GB when looking for BPs. This is also the primary reason why the current system is a major pain.

Details:
UI would require a new search GB button somewhere near the friends list and a subsequent new window for GB search results.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
None necessary. Would just streamline the GB investment process. Possibly more intense bidding on GBs by outsiders (non guildies), would have to be beta tested. Even so no inhibiting mechanisms should be necessary. Would potentially make GB leveling much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117361

Oh yeah, the cover sheet on the TPS reports. Sorry I forgot.

In short I just skimmed over the posting sticky, I don't want to spend time here.
Just tell me what do I need to do to make this a well formatted idea.

Agent327

Overlord
what do you want more in his idea ? i think he respects format now
let me guess you'll find somthing against idea now that it has been formated lol

You do know that there is a reason that some threads have the prefix Read Me. Just do that and you know. I am not here to read them for you.

Shad23

Emperor
You do know that there is a reason that some threads have the prefix Read Me
just read them and i fail to see what his formated idea has somthing against what is said in those read me threads and seems the mods think like me cause this was not relocated in the not formated section

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
just read them and i fail to see what his formated idea has somthing against what is said in those read me threads and seems the mods think like me cause this was not relocated in the not formated section

Cause now it finally has a poll. Look at his other proposal. Why did you give it a +1 when there was a poll? Or wasn't he poll not there yet?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Since the Arc the game has changed and the GB investment game is more a part of the game than ever – So a good idea to simply develop the game fursher in the dierection it has taken.

Andrew420

Major
FoE is supposed to be challenging
This idea would make the game easier
So, from the DNSL
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

DeletedUser117361

FoE is supposed to be challenging
This idea would make the game easier
So, from the DNSL
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

Should be challenging - yes, obstructive - no.

People will be doing GB investment for FPs and BPs anyway you look at it.

Very early on in the game (at Bronze Age) I saw the investment into my neighbors GBs as an opportunity to gain FPs as I was desperate to get more of them, the BPs came almost as a side-product of this activity.

Later on hyperactive Arc owners will be doing the same, hunting for opportunities to get more and more FPs.

This is a pure obstruction of what is SECOND NATURE here and a giant pain in the neck.

You might think that this is falling into that category "Ideas to make yourself richer".
But this is the basic human law, indeed gathering more resources and generally getting more for your self to thrive is a basic premise of all life.

Finding any way possible to get more, is simply natural. You can't stop it.
You are asking to surpress what is a natural need. And yes I am advocating greed here, but that is an outgrowth of a basic life instinct.

The second side of the coin here is getting the BPs, that still has no good mechanism for actually FINDING what players NEED. And this is it.

By making it easy to search and sort GBs all you are doing is giving high arc owners more of an opportunity to spot potential snipe targets faster which denies others the chance of securing spots.

Would this make my life easier, yes. Do I think it's a good idea, definitely not.

I enjoy the challenge of finding GBs to snipe and beating others with arcs to it, with this every GB would be locked out within seconds of it becoming profitable