• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116322

Would you be fine with receiving expansions in inventory but being unable to place them?
i think i'll never have such luxury, but because with every new event there are new objects to put in the game, i find it very difficult to find space for them and then these events comes rolling one after another, how are you suppose to find the space, buy them expansions with diamonds?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/2019_Spring_Event?comments_page=1

Lotsa god info here. Why not plan ahead? By doing so now makes for less winging later!
Use the wiki and it's all but impossible to fail this event. ;)

Also note: As long as a player completes the ENTIRE quest line *and* picks up all the daily 'free' lanterns, you are guaranteed a Lv7 Pagoda House!!

About the only possible way to fail this event if you complete the above, would be if you're dumb enough to only ever pick just white/bronze animals?
And even then, you'll might still have a decent shot at blindly stumbling into a Lv7 Pagoda?lol.

DeletedUser116322

What age are you in?
i'm in Progressive Era and thank you because i actually had a medals expansion available, so now i'm ready for the red Pagoda, looks cool and let's hope it's not more then 4 by 4

Galladhorn

Monarch
I do not understand why players would expect a new event to have the same or similar Award as other events.
One is not forced to play this event or to play it solely for winning the main prize(s) - usually it can be played for other prizes as well depending on what a each player really need for their city. If on does not like the main event prize, then don´t play to win it - Just keep whatever you have that is better already.

Expansions as rewards
Yes it sounds great! but part of the main incentive for buying and using Diamonds is the need for more space. The whole "city game" is revolving aorund this "Obstacle/Challenge" - So why would Inno at all bring this to the table (does not make much if any sense). Just rememeber that ealier years the game had far less events and far longer time to win a fully leveled price. Everybody is just winning more stuff now, which fill up the inventories and it is now up to players to place the buildings that makes the best for their current situation and level.

IMO The Cherry Gardes sets are great and the Pagoda is a logical addition to this Event and its Japanese Spring celebration.

Agent327

Overlord
i'm in Progressive Era and thank you because i actually had a medals expansion available, so now i'm ready for the red Pagoda, looks cool and let's hope it's not more then 4 by 4

Let's hope?????
Why not just read the announcement?

why not? one needs expansions to put the Pagoda in

Not if you remove one of the many useless buildings in your city.

I do not understand why players would expect a new event to have the same or similar Award as other events.[/quote

Easy answer. Cause they are players and always want better than they get offered.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I don't get why anyone is knocking the Fire Pagoda like it's trash tier or anything - the thing is fething amazing!
Yeah sure, vs. the recent Lv10 Colossus, it's -3fps, but it gains;
+10 goods (very good for Modern -> Virtual since it will produce refined goods)
+def% (very good in earlier eras especially, but falls off quickly from Colonial and on though... still, it was an added buff so, nice freebie bonus!)
+supplies
+happiness equal to pop (top tier for early ages and/or anyone without a good culture producing GB like 'Traz/etc... definitely an underrated bonus)

Colossus was literally just about the atk bonus & fps as it's main selling feature.
But Fire Pagoda is def one of the better 'jack off all trades, master of none' buildings as of late.

And if you really just want the fp's, then why aren't you simply working on the relevant GB's and the Yggy Tree from the Vikings settlements? ;)
(seriously, if you want fp/square production from an 'event' building, ignore actual events and just go for Yggy as it's beyond gross!lol)

DeletedUser100133

Hello,

Having buildings in our city is great, but what's most important is keeping on topic and discussing the spring event.
So forum members tell me what spring even building you're going to try aim for?

Agent327

Overlord
Hello,

Having buildings in our city is great, but what's most important is keeping on topic and discussing the spring event.
So forum members tell me what spring even building you're going to try aim for?

There are three. Does it matter? What is more important. Giving feedback on the event that can be used for further events, or telling what building you think is the prettiest?

DeletedUser100133

This thread is also to discuss the event and as you say they are 3 building, if you want to tell us which one you think looks prettiest that's okay, I like the look of the Fire Pagoda the colour would match the Cherry Garden set really well.

DeletedUser6065

' . . . the only possible way to fail this event if you complete the above, would be if you're dumb enough to only ever pick just white/bronze animals? . . '.
Disagree.
Work it out. White Animals may possibly be your best bet.
Consider the 'White Animals' to be akin to the 'Lazy Player' of the previous Forge Bowl.
I used lazy boy exclusively.
Got 16 full scale Colossi.
Finished w/11 Bronze Standings and 5 Silver Standings.
Again, work it out. White Animals may be the best answer for full scale Pagoda.
. . . mk

DeletedUser116771

For the Fire Pagoda, does the attack and defense boost apply to only attacking army, only defensive army, or both?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Disagree.
Work it out. White Animals may possibly be your best bet.
Consider the 'White Animals' to be akin to the 'Lazy Player' of the previous Forge Bowl.
I used lazy boy exclusively.
Got 16 full scale Colossi.
Finished w/11 Bronze Standings and 5 Silver Standings.
Again, work it out. White Animals may be the best answer for full scale Pagoda.
. . . mk
White animals are the worst distance/lantern ratio.

Unlike previous events, this one is really, really simple if you're aim is to maximise distance ONLY. (ie: ignoring ALL secondary prizes + daily special efficiency)
Gold/Silver animals in order of efficiency; Swan (silver) -> Stag (gold) -> Racoon (silver) -> Giraffe (gold) -> Elephant (silver) -> Lion (gold)
The 'worst' animal here being the Lion, is a lantern/distance cost of only 39.50 lanterns/lily pad jumped
Conversely, the cheapest lantern/distance bronze/white animal is the Cat @42.50 lanterns/pad jumped.
And ALL bronze animals are more efficient in distance vs. white animals. (cheapest white animal is a whopping 55 lanterns/pad jumped!:O)

Because you cannot have left over distance in this event, (unlike in the Forge Bowl), the only time to ever choose the bronze/white animals is when you're down to the final 1-2 lily pads distance to finish a pond crossing. (each pond = 25 lily pads distance)

If you only ever choose the bronze/white animals (because they have the 'best' cost/DS% ratio), then you'll need to finish the full quest line + gain all daily log-ins to be guaranteed the Lv.7 Pagoda house.
(ie: 5 ponds crossed = 63.20 landerns/pad jumped)
You will however likely finish out of Silver league though, since it is readily doable with just the 'free' lanterns + efficient spending to cross at least 7 ponds, or if you're lucky with the incident trees, even 8 ponds w/out spending any diamonds.

Deleted member 109369

FOE Team, the existing Cherry Garden buildings, will their produce be counted in this event?

If you are asking if the cherry garden set will be available, there will be a cherry garden selection kit for some of the daily specials, yes.