• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Champions?

DeletedUser116545

So I currently have 1 Champion retreat from the industrial age and its just not working for me as I am one age above.

I do have one spare upgrade kit so I was thinking of upgrading it, when the though came to me

Which ages are worth to have your champion be from?

And please no answers like "you should have one from every age so you can fight in every time Era" because I literally only use military for campaign map and guild expedition, none of that guild fighting.

+ this could help others who don't know what champion is worth, so let's be serious​

DeletedUser116545

well Agent he's talking mostly for app users here cause he says he does no GVG

so his question is relevent only for app players

you can do GVG on app thank you very much

I just choose not to do it cuz I don't understand it yet.

and my guild doesn't really do it eather.

Look, my question is simple - which of the ages are Champions good to have from?

my current one is from industrial age, and it's too week to do anything with him.

So, should I just upgrade him to next era, or wait few eras before I do it?

DeletedUser116654

If you plan to never do GvG, it's close to worthless to have Champions from lower ages. It's a different case if you do GvG, and then it becomes your preference on which era you want to fight in (so you can have Champions from that era). If you have an Alcatraz and don't do GvG, 1 Champion's Retreat from your age should be enough (and you can also avoid building fast units building as Champions are just better than them). In the end, it all depends on your own preference.

DeletedUser116545

If you plan to never do GvG, it's close to worthless to have Champions from lower ages. It's a different case if you do GvG, and then it becomes your preference on which era you want to fight in (so you can have Champions from that era). If you have an Alcatraz and don't do GvG, 1 Champion's Retreat from your age should be enough (and you can also avoid building fast units building as Champions are just better than them). In the end, it all depends on your own preference.

honestly, lately heavy units became my favorite (blame howitzer for that)

and champion does become heavy unit at some point

do I think he becomes separate unit in tomorrow onward. but I could be wrong

DeletedUser116545

you need puffin browser to play GVG on app or am i mistaking ?
and that's for flash only if i'm not mistaking at end of year we'll have no choice but to play on HTML so no more GVG for app players

no, you're right. I actually never checked if you can GvG on app
I checked after I left that comment and I was wrong

you in fact can not do GvG on app

Agent327

Overlord
honestly, lately heavy units became my favorite (blame howitzer for that)

and champion does become heavy unit at some point

do I think he becomes separate unit in tomorrow onward. but I could be wrong

Yes and the real heavy unit is always just a little better. The Champs strength is also it's weakness. The skills become no skills if you use more than one. Only reason the champ is used a lot is cause the building has a small footprint.

DeletedUser116545

Yes and the real heavy unit is always just a little better. The Champs strength is also it's weakness. The skills become no skills if you use more than one. Only reason the champ is used a lot is cause the building has a small footprint.

Allso because getting heavy units takes forever in must ages

Srsly, you need to go through 5 technologies to get tanks. And that's if you focus on that which is the most effecient thing to do

If you're like me and you want to fill every colum before moving on, you will be in the same age for five or so months before you get them

So having Champion does cover your ass a bit for that

DeletedUser113901

Hum actually the champion has an enormous advantage over other units. When in auto battle, it prioritizes real units instead of rogues. And when in GvG against 2 units and 6 rogues it's really good.

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah just depends on your play styles and whether you have a Alcatraz as to whether it's worth going for a champs retreat. Personally I found it not worth it for outside of GvG play unless I've got a Alcatraz simply because it takes so long to create 1 unit that is designed to die. Certainly a nice fall back for the difficult 2 waves if you want that extra boost, but best used alongside a alcatraz

outside of GvG I find they dont age well once they're below the age you're in. However people do like to use them with 1-up kits so they immediately have access to a current age troop

Vesiger

Monarch
The answer to the original question is Postmodern Era.
Before that, Champions are virtually worthless, and I very nearly deleted my Champions' Retreat; I was advised to wait all the way until Postmodern Era , and at that point they become a useful heavy unit.

DeletedUser116545

The answer to the original question is Postmodern Era.
Before that, Champions are virtually worthless, and I very nearly deleted my Champions' Retreat; I was advised to wait all the way until Postmodern Era , and at that point they become a useful heavy unit.

Thank you Vesiger

Vesiger

Monarch
Hum actually the champion has an enormous advantage over other units. When in auto battle, it prioritizes real units instead of rogues. And when in GvG against 2 units and 6 rogues it's really good.
This doesn't seem to be the case in city defence (always auto-battle).
I tried putting five champions in defence, but they prioritized the rogues as normal - and lost , as normal.

DeletedUser108359

This doesn't seem to be the case in city defence (always auto-battle).
I tried putting five champions in defence, but they prioritized the rogues as normal - and lost , as normal.

I found the same thing as well.