• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Purchasing Goods for Quests

DeletedUser114093

As much as we can obtain goods from manufacturing them ourselves, plundering from other players, obtaining them from GBs, and from trading on the Market, there are times however, as I am finding out this week, I require goods urgently that I don't have from any of the above options to complete quests.

Why not create an option to enable players to buy goods from other players using coins?

This would help solve some of the problems being encountered when trying to complete the Daily Challenges and other quests.

Agent327

Overlord
Daily Challenges are supposed to be challenges. There is no rush to complete quests. No player will accept coins for goods.

Really terrible idea!!

Dead-Eye

General
As much as we can obtain goods from manufacturing them ourselves, plundering from other players, obtaining them from GBs, and from trading on the Market, there are times however, as I am finding out this week, I require goods urgently that I don't have from any of the above options to complete quests.

Why not create an option to enable players to buy goods from other players using coins?

This would help solve some of the problems being encountered when trying to complete the Daily Challenges and other quests.
I have a system that I find works. I call it planning ahead. Try it.

DeletedUser

Technically it is impossible to give others coins as far as they’d be interested and I feel it should remain that way.
If only for i.e. HME a certain amount is loads of coins while for more seasoned players it is nothing.

Galladhorn

Monarch

This game is not always easy – But it is playable and doable – part of the challenge is to find out how to play so that you do not stall.
Goods are an essential part of the play, they need to be taken care of one way or another, as you yourself desribe the obtions to obtain them.

A player should always keep track of his or her goods stockpile in regard to the game.

As with coins and supplies also Goods should come at a dayli surplus – You need to genreate more than you use to prepare for teching and/or events etc.
If low on something try to get it in level again or risk stalling somewhere. Secondary if you play a lot try to find a good guild that will support you and try to find other players that will support you.

Events are announced prior to their release, meaning that players should actually prepare a bit for it (plan), and this is usually not a good time to tech.

If a player has not figured out the meta game then he or she must learn by doing and that may includes failure or mistakes. Think everybody made a mistake here and there if they played for a very long time. But there are small and big mistakes – Not having goods is a big mistake in most cases.

One mistake is one mistake, minimize the collateral time lost with hard work trying to make some deals, doing whatever you can to get these goods, change your city if you have too, change guild or start producing Goods etc. – Store or remove stuff you do no need all that much – then build Goods Production and run 8 hour productions as long as you need till you can generate goods surplus another way, Plundering, GBs, Trading, Reoccuring quests etc.
Check the market for what is most need vs what you can produce etc. And do not make the same mistake twice.

And btw coins are the eaiest to gain in this game – with a St. Marks at level 5-6 most players will have more than enough coins if they do not buy FPs all the time.
Coins are really not interesting as a tradeable unit/value.

Last edited:

DeletedUser114093

Daily Challenges are supposed to be challenges. There is no rush to complete quests. No player will accept coins for goods.

Really terrible idea!!
Don't see why not? When you go to the shops to buy stuff do you use cash or trade with goods? Same principle would apply here. It doesn't have to be against other players, it could be set up with Goods Merchants - perhaps in a fairer way than the 1 for 10 goods now in place.

DeletedUser114093

I have a system that I find works. I call it planning ahead. Try it.
Planning ahead is one thing, but as we don't know what some challenges are going to be thrown at us, there are times we can get caught short. And in the strict time limits set, sometimes the only way to get through it would be to make emergency transactions.

DeletedUser114093

Technically it is impossible to give others coins as far as they’d be interested and I feel it should remain that way.
If only for i.e. HME a certain amount is loads of coins while for more seasoned players it is nothing.
In the way the game is currently set up, I agree that it is impossible to trade goods with coins; but that is the point of my idea, is to give the game designers something to chew over to perhaps find a way of making it happen. As I said to another person a moment ago, the transactions can be set up so it is transacted directly with a Goods Merchant rather than another player.

DeletedUser114093

This game is not always easy – But it is playable and doable – part of the challenge is to find out how to play so that you do not stall.
Goods are an essential part of the play, they need to be taken care of one way or another, as you yourself desribe the obtions to obtain them.

A player should alwasy keep track of his or her goods stockpile in regard to the game.

As with coins and supplies also Goods should come at a dayli surplus – You need to genreate more than you use to prepare for teching and/or events etc.
If low on something try to get it in level again or risk stalling somewhere. Secondary if you play a lot try to find a good guild that will support you and try to find other players that will support you.

Events are announced prior to their release, meaning that players should actually prepare a bit for it (plan), and this is usually not a good time to tech.

If a player has not figured out the meta game then he or she must learn by doing and that may includes failure or mistakes. Think everybody made a mistake here and there if they played for a very long time. But there are small and big mistakes – Not having goods is a big mistake in most cases.

One mistake is one mistake, minimize the collateral time lost with hard work trying to make some deals, doing whatever you can to get these goods, change your city if you have too, change guild or start producing Goods etc. – Store or remove stuff you do no need all that much – then build Goods Production and run 8 hour productions as long as you need till you can generate goods surplus another way, Plundering, GBs, Trading, Reoccuring quests etc.
Check the market for what is most need vs what you can produce etc. And do not make the same mistake twice.

And btw coins are the eaiest to gain in this game – with a St. Marks at level 5-6 most players will have more than enough coins if they do not buy FPs all the time.
Coins are really not interesting as a tradeable unit/value.
Thanks for your comments and advice - it is appreciated. I suppose my 'idea' came out of frustration in the game. Trying to balance growing my cities, doing the story challenges, daily quests, and event challenges, after a while it becomes overwhelming. I play in 4 worlds, and fortunately I have found excellent guilds in all four, but despite all their help and support, I still find myself lacking.
As you say though, it all will fall into place with enough experience over time. I have only been playing 8 months, so in respect to others who have been playing for years, I'm still a newie.

Agent327

Overlord
Don't see why not? When you go to the shops to buy stuff do you use cash or trade with goods? Same principle would apply here. It doesn't have to be against other players, it could be set up with Goods Merchants - perhaps in a fairer way than the 1 for 10 goods now in place.

Coins are way easier to get than goods. No one will trade their goods for coins. Goods Merchants are set up this way for a reason.

Shad23

Emperor
but as we don't know what some challenges are going to be thrown at us,
if you want to know what chalanges will throw at you in the events go play on beta server you'll see all the events befor live servers if your talking about DC chalanges they are suposed to be a chalange and you should beter prepare your city to be able to do all of them i often pass some DC's cause my city ain't prepared for those chalanges yet

DeletedUser108359

-1 totally unnecessary and no one in their right mind would trade goods for coins.

Galladhorn

Monarch
if you want to know what chalanges will throw at you in the events go play on beta server you'll see all the events befor live servers if your talking about DC chalanges they are suposed to be a chalange and you should beter prepare your city to be able to do all of them i often pass some DC's cause my city ain't prepared for those chalanges yet

The difficulty of DC´s is relative to your city´s capabilities
– If you can not take eg. the fights then it means you need to play better and in addtion properly get your Attack stats up.
– If you do not have enough goods - Well we went over that one alrady, answer is get more Goods on a daily basis regardless of method.
– If you can not meet production demands, then make space for some Balcksmiths, these small buildings are excellent for the productions requests.
– If you are Camping then the DC´s will simply stop at some point – E.g build a certain building from a higher age is not possible without teching.
And if you problem is not having enough coins or supplies, then your city needs its base play tuned = Always create dayli surplus of Coins, Supplies and Goods.

Shad23

Emperor
The difficulty of DC´s is relative to your city´s capabilities
– If you can not take eg. the fights then it means you need to play better and in addtion properly get your Attack stats up.
– If you do not have enough goods - Well we went over that one alrady, answer is get more Goods on a daily basis regardless of method.
– If you can not meet production demands, then make space for some Balcksmiths, these small buildings are excellent for the productions requests.
– If you are Camping then the DC´s will simply stop at some point – E.g build a certain building from a higher age is not possible without teching.
And if you problem is not having enough coins or supplies, then your city needs its base play tuned = Always create dayli surplus of Coins, Supplies and Goods.
thanks for clearing that part up for him i was a bit vage in my answer

DeletedUser

You can "buy" goods with coins and supplies from the town's jester if you do unbirthday quests, though. You don't always get goods, but you get them often enough.

DeletedUser116228

On my mobile phone, the game ask for update to continue. The link takes me to Google Play >> "Play store" which always gives me: (Item Not found) message!

Any help please !
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
Not on mobile so can't help you there
What I would suggest is posting your question in the right section of forum not just any old thread you come across
This is an idea about purchasing goods from other players using coins for quests not the question section
Or better yet contact support

DeletedUser116228

Not on mobile so can't help you there
What I would suggest is posting your question in the right section of forum not just any old thread you come across
This is an idea about purchasing goods from other players using coins for quests not the question section
Or better yet contact support

Yes my dear Andrew420, I'm new here and I don't know which is the right section ! I searched for: (Play store Not found) and the search engine guides me to this post, sorry !

For the benefit only, the update was made after Google Plays's cache was deleted. After the suggestion of a friend in the Guild.

Last edited by a moderator: