• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
There's no point maintaining axe smiths you can't run due to lack of copper...
Better to demolish 1, shift your shacks to the back row & throw some shrines front and center to start earning better copper production. ;)

In general, all the housing has gak for copper production, so you may as well always keep it tucked away in a corner so your shrines/markets can do the work they're meant to.

Agent327

Overlord
Here you just follow your own train of thought and state what you have, which is easier. As long as it's settlement-related, it's fine. (It's not spam.)
There (bug / ticket section) you have to answer all the questions: What is the game version? What operating system / browser are you using? How to reproduce the bug? How often does it happen? Have it been reported before? ...

Only if it is relevant to the problem.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I see you have three production buildings which cost coins to keep them going yet not so much copper income.
I think Richard is right you need some shrines because at first glance I am not so surprised you’re short on copper.
There's no point maintaining axe smiths you can't run due to lack of copper...
Better to demolish 1, shift your shacks to the back row & throw some shrines front and center to start earning better copper production. ;)

In general, all the housing has gak for copper production, so you may as well always keep it tucked away in a corner so your shrines/markets can do the work they're meant to.

I had not unlocked the Shrine before that snapshot... but, here:

"happy, are we, now?"

unconnected.png

E D I T :
Oops, there is space for 1 more Shack + 1 more Shrine!

Excuse me for a moment:

excuse-me-for-a-moment.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser113340

These settlements are a huge waste of time and resources for such measley rewards. l not going to bother with the next settlement and the developers shouldn't bother creating the other settlements and spend more time on getting the main game working properly and effectively especially clean up the BLOATWARE they have built where the huge amount of memory is required to make game run also the massive amount of CPU it uses l can see the difference when l move the focus to another tab run the other game in Chrome where the CPU usage drops by half or more.With all the browser games that l have played none are as CPU intensive as this one. This game has been written by programming beginners not experienced programmers. That is why l have started playing another game by another company where the game requires much less CPU. This game requires a high end computer not the average computer lots of people that l have spoken to have. Mine has a 7th gen quad core CPU with 8 GB of Ram.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
These settlements are a huge waste of time and resources for such measley rewards. l not going to bother with the next settlement and the developers shouldn't bother creating the other settlements and spend more time on getting the main game working properly and effectively especially clean up the BLOATWARE they have built where the huge amount of memory is required to make game run also the massive amount of CPU it uses l can see the difference when l move the focus to another tab run the other game in Chrome where the CPU usage drops by half or more.With all the browser games that l have played none are as CPU intensive as this one. This game has been written by programming beginners not experienced programmers. That is why l have started playing another game by another company where the game requires much less CPU. This game requires a high end computer not the average computer lots of people that l have spoken to have. Mine has a 7th gen quad core CPU with 8 GB of Ram.

We will dearly miss you.

DeletedUser108902

The first round is almost done. I’m an experienced player who likes to plan and look ahead, I think it is a poor try to add some action to the game. I play in 10 worlds and in none i am close to get the settlement finished. I play daily and not every hour and i never buy diamonds. When i can’t finish this quest normally it makes no sense for me to play it. But perhaps other players have nothing else to do then playing this game the whole day. Something for prisoners and people in hospitals i guess....

Boorg

Captain
The first round is almost done. I’m an experienced player who likes to plan and look ahead, I think it is a poor try to add some action to the game. I play in 10 worlds and in none i am close to get the settlement finished. I play daily and not every hour and i never buy diamonds. When i can’t finish this quest normally it makes no sense for me to play it. But perhaps other players have nothing else to do then playing this game the whole day. Something for prisoners and people in hospitals i guess....

Personally I am not that excited about Culture Settlements but probably some more planning is required to finish a settlement in time. I managed to finish my first settlement with 2 days to spare and I didn’t use any Diamonds nor did I check the settlement every hour but I think it is hard to finish a settlement with one log-in per day and with 24hr goods production.

For example let us say that in total one needs to produce 200 Axes.

1 goods production building by 24hr = 20 Axes per day (1 log-in per day).
1 goods production building by 8hr = 3 x 10 = 30 Axes per day (3 log-ins per day)

Therefore with the 24hr production it takes 10 days to produce 200 Axes (20 Axes x 10 days = 200 Axes)
Whilst with the 8hr production it takes less time to produce 200 Axes (30 Axes x 7 days = 210 Axes)

Conclusion – It may not be wise to use the 24hr production.

In total a Viking Settlement needs to produce a total of 938 goods.
(Edit : The total of 938 goods are required for Embassy Advancements only and this total does not include the goods required for expansions )

Using the 24hr production one needs a minimum of 4 goods production buildings continuously producing goods to be able to finish the settlement in time as we must not forget the building's built time required, etc.

4 goods production buildings by 24hr = 80 goods per day = 80 goods x 12 days = 960 goods.

Whereby using the 8hr production and having the same 4 goods production buildings continuously producing goods it will take less time to finish the settlement leaving enough free time to take things easy.

4 goods production buildings by 8hr = 120 goods per day = 120 goods x 8 days = 960 goods.

Obviously one can add more expansions to enable adding more goods production buildings.

More goods production buildings = more expansions + more goods to the get expansions + more Copper Coins to run more goods production buildings + more Population to enable the building of more goods production buildings = more expansions.

It is a circle therefore a good balance needs to be found.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116322

It is a circle therefore a good balance needs to be found.
i did finish my first settlement but i had to use diamonds, luckly for me they were sponsored by my loving brother, who can afford them. he spoils me to bits

DeletedUser116322

“Ja broer” means “yes brother” nothing more nothing less.
you're right but the way it's said, slowly with a gap between ja and broer has the above meaning, like you disbelieve in what you've heard, it's has been used in a couple of SA English tv adverts, it's a very common expression in SA

DeletedUser

you're right but the way it's said, slowly with a gap between ja and broer has the above meaning, like you're disbelieve in what you've heard, it's has been used in a couple of SA English tv adverts, it's a very common expression in SA

Exact translations are required for the mods otherwise just say clearly and straight of what you mean.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks, we've drifted off topic again

As a reminder, the topic is Cultural Settlements. I finished my first a few days ago, without using Diamonds. I play 3 worlds, but currently only attempting 1 CS at a time

I knew that was coming sometime soon.

Probably a much better strategy one at a time. I haven't completed and do not expect o do so. 3 worlds and 6 cities is a little much. The puzzle to the CS could be fun to figure- but if you are pressed for time, it is not worth it, and takes time away from your main city, or other worlds.