• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Nope I play on mobile as well,
And it DID NOT RESET TO 5 MINUTES.
Please make sure your app is up to date. The functionality of it automatically starting the production was a workaround to prevent us having to entirely switch off Settlements on Beta until the live release. We've already fixed it in version 1.141.1 on the app.

DeletedUser108359

exp.PNG
That's simply not the case...

View attachment 17484

Actually just done my Beta 1 and with that picture above i could place 2, one with mead and 1 with axes.
It all depends on how much goods you have in stock.

DeletedUser108359

Oh no, not that zoom issue again :-(
Does it really have to jump to max zoom level when returning from the settlement to the city? Very Annoying! :-(

I think this has been sorted out now, the zoom is staying normal on mine.

DeletedUser111359

I think this has been sorted out now, the zoom is staying normal on mine.

Still resetting to not zoomed out on mine, with Chrome browser, HTML client, on a Windows PC.

If they would just make a "default zoom" setting that you could set for your account in the settings controls, that would fix the issue more or less permanently.

DeletedUser108359

Not on mine it isn't. Still zooming in whenever coming back from the settlement. Wins 8, chrome, html

Im running Win 7 and Firefox with Flash. just tested it again and zoom is working fine.
It stays in the one to what it's set at on the other

DeletedUser6065

You know, that sure looks like an awful lot of land mass displayed on the map, for such a small settlement.
Just sayin'.
. . . . . mk

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Thats how it was designed, whenever you open an expansion using goods, the cost of the next 1 increases.

I'm not liking it at all. Just opened my 5th expansion and cost have jumped to 41 axes, 21 mead, 5 horns or 1 wool. Now i'm stuck with deciding if I should collect coins from shrines or build more smiths and breweries. Can't do both with this limited space and research, not seeing how it can be beat in 16 days.

DeletedUser115548

I have tried it out but can't get anywhere with it so I abandoned it. don't think I'll try it again. Just is not interesting.

DeletedUser108359

I'm not liking it at all. Just opened my 5th expansion and cost have jumped to 41 axes, 21 mead, 5 horns or 1 wool. Now i'm stuck with deciding if I should collect coins from shrines or build more smiths and breweries. Can't do both with this limited space and research, not seeing how it can be beat in 16 days.

Dont build more production buildings than you can run
You dont want them standing doing nothing, rather have 1 of each and lots of shrines, once you have good stock of copper and can keep productions going then start building more as you need them.
You need to check what is required for the next 2 to 3 new buildings and try work towards that.
You will be constantly deleting and rebuilding as the cost requirements change .
My 1st run on beta took me almost 2 months. ( and i almost quit as i hated it )
on my 2nd run im now got 2 more quests to go with 2 days still left for 1st prize. realistically i doubt if i will make it but i have 6 days to 2nd prize which i think i can make.
Dont stress about the timer, ignore that and just go along completing things.
As long as you complete all the quests ( no matter how long it takes ) you will get the Main prize.

DeletedUser111359

I don't have a "other" in the settlement. It's only one zoom I can choose from in there. (must be my screen size?)

The issue (still ongoing) that I'm getting is when I return from the Viking Village, my zoom isn't all the way out on my main village. So I have to re-zoom again. Which is a drag, for sure.

DeletedUser111359

I think I figured out what the zoom issue is.

On my Viking Village there are 2 levels of zoom (the third, furthest out would be completely pointless).
On my main village there are 3 levels, and fully zoomed out you still have to scroll around a little bit to see it all.

When you return from the Viking village you do return "zoomed out" but only zoomed out to the middle setting, because the vikings don't have the fully zoomed setting at all.

Just tested it. If I zoom all the way in on the Vikings (still totally usable there) and return to main, I'm fully zoomed in.

So the problem is that when you go back and forth between the two, it maintains whatever zoom level you had as you pass back and forth (if possible). And since they haven't implemented the 3rd (fully out) level for the vikings, you come back to your main in the middle zoom mode.