• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser108359

Why no Observatory BPs AGAIN???? This must be the 3rd or 4th Event in a row without them - How many more Events will no longer offer Obs BPs? Was there an ANNOUNCEMENT telling us that Obs BPs will no longer be available in the game, anywhere, anyhow ? and I just missed it? I can understand no more Halls of Fame in Events - because they started to show up as rare items in Daily Challenges... but Obs BPs just disappeared ?

there are halls of fame in this event, as daily prize AND top of tree prize

DeletedUser108359

An expansion really would be a grand prize. If if only one was on offer in one Event each year..But I get your point that it might involve rethinking the City grid to work out how to make it fair and feasible.

I think INNO have stated that they will NOT be making expansions available as prizes in any events or quests

DeletedUser108359

Sorry folks (or foeks "forge of empires kings") I did not read entire thread but the above is also my sole concern.

I have Ship upgrades in my inventory, useless, too.

How many upgrade in total can I possible win? If more than enough, I'd go for Today's Special, which is SoK. If not, I'd wait for tomorrow's upgrade.

----Edit----
Today's Special, and Today's Grand... wait, the Grand Prize does not depend on date?

Grand prize remains at the top of the tree until you complete the tree, then it changes to the next prize in line.
Daily prize ( hidden in presents ) changes daily. Also you can win as many of these daily prizes as you like. ( if you have enough stars and find the shuffle button and then the prize again, but that obviously just depends how lucky you are )

DeletedUser108359

So there's a grand total of 1475 stars to be won from the quest line + daily log-ins.
Now, assuming Inno is generous and gives us say, 30 stars to start with, that's 1500 stars = 150 matches.

Each tree needs 20 candles to lit, with each match lighting between 1-3 each.

You'll get 3 upgrade kits from finishing the entire quest line, thus leaving 8 needing to be acquired through lighting up trees for the grand prizes.
To get all 8 additional upgrades, requires lighting up 15 trees x20 candles = 300 total candles.

Thus, without diamonds, and without winning any additional stars through things like the Shuffle tile, etc..., you'll have to average exactly 2 candles per match to win a full Lv12 building! o_O
So basically, outside of the 'RNG blessed', most people will be forced to spend diamonds if one wants a fully maxed out Lv12 building.

So much for the Xmas spirit Inno...
Between likely ending up at least 1-2 upgrades short, even *if* one completes the entire quest line + daily log-ins, AND, all the gakking forced C-map progress, this event a steaming pile of poo-smothered coal. :( :( :(

Did you factor in the 300 stars you win from ending quest 40. plus there are present contaning stars as well.

DeletedUser116061

When do I get the Winter Spire? I've finished the first "tree", and have the Spire upgrade, but I don't have the Spire to upgrade. Seems strange to get the upgrade before getting the actual Spire, or am I missing something?

Emberguard

Legend
When do I get the Winter Spire? I've finished the first "tree", and have the Spire upgrade, but I don't have the Spire to upgrade. Seems strange to get the upgrade before getting the actual Spire, or am I missing something?
upload_2018-12-6_0-57-21.png

Upon completing 10 quests you'll receive the base Winter Spire

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
WHAT? Do tell!
Guys: check out the Vikings spoilers here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/vikings-in-foe.36358/
Heck, pretty much all the basic info is now up on the Wiki too, so you can head over there and get most of the relevant info there! (all that's really missing is a walkthrough)

As for the second...
If you go to the 'spoilers' section on the beta forums, there's images up of what will likely be the first event of the new year, including a shiny new building that looks simply amazing! ;)
(much better than the currently fugly green winter ice cream cones:P)

DeletedUser108359

you need to complete the 1st TEN quests, then your reward is the Spire
Its very easy to get the upgrade 1st if you were lucky and completed the tree quickly, BEFORE doing quest 10

DeletedUser108359

Guys: check out the Vikings spoilers here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/vikings-in-foe.36358/
Heck, pretty much all the basic info is now up on the Wiki too, so you can head over there and get most of the relevant info there! (all that's really missing is a walkthrough)

As for the second...
If you go to the 'spoilers' section on the beta forums, there's images up of what will likely be the first event of the new year, including a shiny new building that looks simply amazing! ;)
ha ha, good luck with the vikings, its possible to do but VERY challenging. I havent decided yet if i like or hate it lol

DeletedUser110327

These new upgradable buildings are an excellent addition to the game. They're well thought out and superbly incorporated into the gameplay. I hope they make you a few bucks.

Agent327

Overlord
These new upgradable buildings are an excellent addition to the game. They're well thought out and superbly incorporated into the gameplay. I hope they make you a few bucks.

Not enough people like you in the game. Most understand the value of these buildings.

DeletedUser110327

You're right, most do, which is why most folks play for them and have them and why just about everyone would like this new one as well. Does santa bring you lots of pressies mate? Or do you have empty stockings every year?

DeletedUser113110

As for the second...
Actually, there IS a run through. FoeTipps made a full series on Vikings. Search on YouTube "Forge of Empires Vikings"

DeletedUser116166

Here comes Winter!

Check out the fabulous festive prizes you can win in this years event on our main forum announcement! What are you hoping for in your presents?

As always, we're keen to hear your thoughts so drop any feedback below!

Richard & Team
Hiya, Overall appears impressive however, 2 key issues have occurred. Firstly, after unveiling a 'double payout' next reveal also is a 'double payout' as is the third reveal; so 3 'double payouts' on the trot, however the 4th reveal is 5 Forge Points and ONLY 5 Forge Points are awarded. Surely an oversight by the developers as by anyone's calculations the 4th reveal ought to have been 8 times the reward. So 3 reveal have not given any award. A waste of time, energy and resources built up.
Secondly, this occurred after having to complete, just to obtain 10 stars, a 24 hour task of completing 10 times 24 hour production runs (strange how the game matches the number of production units a player has with task); this also coincided with a task an hour later in the Daily Quest requiring completion of 10 times 8 hour production runs (short of demolishing several other buildings and building 10 more production units) virtually impossible and nullified any chance of completing daily quest..... followed by today's daily quest expecting a 'novice' like myself to acquire, by fighting only, 2 regions using my iron age troops against high middle age troops...again virtually impossible if, not actually impossible!!
Additionally, the current winter event task requires polishing/motivating 40 other player's buildings, it would be around 14 hours before that would be feasible due to time of last visits, along with wanting a donation of nearly 25% of my supplies. So there is a good chance that I will be afk in 14 hours and another day wasted getting nowhere (even the daily quest requires, in addition to the fighting mentioned earlier, visiting 30 taverns, again many hours before achievable).

So, what is to be done by the powers that be to resolve these issues and ensure correct and timely payments of awards (oh, additional compensation is always appreciated, especially as it took me couple of hours to be able to write this delaying real life activities) Regards, Necro

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Hiya, Overall appears impressive however, 2 key issues have occurred. Firstly, after unveiling a 'double payout' next reveal also is a 'double payout' as is the third reveal; so 3 'double payouts' on the trot, however the 4th reveal is 5 Forge Points and ONLY 5 Forge Points are awarded. Surely an oversight by the developers as by anyone's calculations the 4th reveal ought to have been 8 times the reward. So 3 reveal have not given any award. A waste of time, energy and resources built up.

You can not reveal 3 double payouts one after the other. There is always only one in every group of packages,

Secondly, this occurred after having to complete, just to obtain 10 stars, a 24 hour task of completing 10 times 24 hour production runs (strange how the game matches the number of production units a player has with task); this also coincided with a task an hour later in the Daily Quest requiring completion of 10 times 8 hour production runs (short of demolishing several other buildings and building 10 more production units) virtually impossible and nullified any chance of completing daily quest.....

One has nothing to do with the other. You can skip the DC, or take more time with the event quest.

followed by today's daily quest expecting a 'novice' like myself to acquire, by fighting only, 2 regions using my iron age troops against high middle age troops...again virtually impossible if, not actually impossible!!

For that you only have yourself to blame. You moved up the map to fast.

Additionally, the current winter event task requires polishing/motivating 40 other player's buildings, it would be around 14 hours before that would be feasible due to time of last visits, along with wanting a donation of nearly 25% of my supplies. So there is a good chance that I will be afk in 14 hours and another day wasted getting nowhere (even the daily quest requires, in addition to the fighting mentioned earlier, visiting 30 taverns, again many hours before achievable).

Again, your own doing and you have still 26 days, so what are you complaining about?

So, what is to be done by the powers that be to resolve these issues and ensure correct and timely payments of awards

Nothing, cause there are no issues. You are just way to impatient.

(oh, additional compensation is always appreciated, especially as it took me couple of hours to be able to write this delaying real life activities) Regards, Necro

Dream on, or quit playing.

DeletedUser116166

You can not reveal 3 double payouts one after the other. There is always only one in every group of packages,

Dear Agent327, Dream on, do you really believe that I would have gone to all this bother if 3 consecutive Double Payouts had not occurred?? It did and is verifiable by FOE inspection of the history files. That is for the techies to undertake.

One has nothing to do with the other. You can skip the DC, or take more time with the event quest.
It has already repeatedly occurred,

For that you only have yourself to blame. You moved up the map to fast.
flip side, anyone who advances slowly would not have been able to complete production unit tasks if say for example they only had 2 production units - it would have taken them 10 days to complete the task I had. That indicates that the tasks recognise and task according to your existing buildings etc.

Again, your own doing and you have still 26 days, so what are you complaining about?
My diary is my business, remaining days available is not the issue here. The quality of tasks is.

Nothing, cause there are no issues. You are just way to impatient.
On the contrary, the game needs to be enjoyable and playable to retain players.

Dream on, or quit playing.
I played another game for 5 odd years, the manufacturers did sweet FA to eradicate the botters which destroyed all enjoyment and 'normal' gameplay.