• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What is the first era for unrefined goods?

DeletedUser114342

I love the Dynamic Tower, but I would never recommend it as your sole income of refined goods as targeting only the age you need would take too long, and trading down has its limitations. You'd need to supplement it with other GBs such as Seed Vault or Chateau Front that are also able to provide Refined Goods. All other GBs I can think of only provide unrefined goods unless you're plundering.

Sorry I didn't explain myself better before, I was in thinking out mode.
No, I have no intention of just relying on The DT for my future goods needs, I was meaning that I can use the DT to have a good number of stock before I reach the required eras.
I am planning on building a Chat next and then the DT.
I also plan on building a seed vault prior to the modern era so when I aid I get the current era goods.
Also I plan to update all the special event buildings so they give me the current goods (I suspect there will be a lot of them. I've only been playing since July this year and I have quite a few already!)
Combined with tribal squares/oasis etc I think I will be OK.

As for GE, I am working on getting my attack boosts up so I can fight my way through all of GE. Currently I can fight up to the early part of level 3 before I switch to negotiation.

As for GBs I want to build, I have a list. If the GB is not on the list I will not build it. The Kraken is not on my list because simply I don't like squishy, squirmy things and the tentacles freak me out! :hide:
I have LoA, Zeus, Aachen, St Marks, Arc, CdM, St Basils, ToR and Inno at the moment.
I plan to build CF, DT, Traz, Cape, AO, TA and seed vault. Apart form the seed vault, I will probably build these while I am still in LMA or Colonial as I have all the BPs ready to go :)

Emberguard

Legend
As for GBs I want to build, I have a list. If the GB is not on the list I will not build it. The Kraken is not on my list because simply I don't like squishy, squirmy things and the tentacles freak me out! :hide:
I love that reason.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan for your goods production :D Fighting through GE will help with the special event buildings too. This week I got another 2 One Up Kits

DeletedUser114342

I'm stocking up on reno and one-up kits coz I know I will need them later on :D. I know people get annoyed when they win them instead of a TF, but I don't mind. I know TFs are all the rage, but I don't really see why they are such a big deal (scratching my head). I have one already but they are HUGE! Yes they give me FPs, but when you consider their size I don't know if they are worth it. Considering the event buildings have been pretty good value so far.

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah I'm not overly found of Terrace Farm as a rule. However later on goods buildings get bigger so for goods production they'd probably be pretty good for refined goods (that opinion may change when I actually reach refined goods eras).

Another factor in play is how easily you can motivate all your FP buildings. If you have too many to motivate then a TF would be a viable alternative given it doesn't get motivated

DeletedUser114342

Hmmm, wouldn't that make me a big target for plunderers then :)

I'm stocking up on reno and one-up kits coz I know I will need them later on :D. I know people get annoyed when they win them instead of a TF, but I don't mind. I know TFs are all the rage, but I don't really see why they are such a big deal (scratching my head). I have one already but they are HUGE! Yes they give me FPs, but when you consider their size I don't know if they are worth it. Considering the event buildings have been pretty good value so far.

You may consider wish to consider this:
8 TF(5*6) = 40 fp → to accommodate this you would need 40 shrines(2*2).

plot size 20 down by 13 across

You can fit 50 shrines within this plot (if I didn't make a computational mistake) but you will also need to get motivation for 50 bldgs.
In addition, TF's produce refined goods and a large amount supplies when you need them.

DeletedUser114342

Quick note here: Beta shouldn't be discussed in this part of the forum. We have the spoilers section for that.

Thanks for letting me know, although I didn’t get the info from beta but from a very comprehensive interview with the developers, all in German (or I think it was) so lots of sub-titles to read.

DeletedUser114342

@bradype, my city defence is currently just over 100%. I put some RF and WF behind my arc and the effect makes it look like my arc is on fire, it’s pretty cool actually :)

My hood just changed and someone from the bottom of the hood tried to attack me, I’m at the top, so don’t know what that person was thinking, especially since s/he used troops from previous age in their attacking army and I have 4 advanced aged troops in my defensive army (working on getting all 8).

DeletedUser114342

Yeah, come and attack me with only Oracle backing you! Lol

I got attacked from a higher level player as well shortly after, has almost 2M in ranking points compared to my measly 300K+ points.
Only issue for him is he is still in HMA and I am in LMA, so despite having around 120% attack bonus on his side he was not able to defeat my army.

Double whammy for him, by attacking me, he put himself on my radar. So I went and checked out his city and what do I find...HEAPS of unprotected TFs with only 5 WFs to keep them safe...so what is a girl to do....

Don't be surprised if there is a thread in the near future titled: "HELP! I'm being attacked and plundered daily by someone who has 1/5th of my ranking points!" :D

DeletedUser114342

DT is great for low era players who want high era goods

Then why is the DT a tomorrow era GB when it is good for a low era player and not so good for a high era player? Shouldn't Inno have introduced a GB that does the same function as the DT much earlier on? Say in the Colonial or Industrial Age? I mean how many people build the Capitol and keep it when they know there are much better GBs for population like IT and Habitat later on? Similar for the Frauenkirche?

Vesiger

Monarch
You definitely don't NEED to stockpile thousands of goods before going up an era ; I usually try to spread my stocks out to a hundred or so of each, and I haven't had a problem. But I'm in an active trading guild and I don't try to research all the techs in a new era at once or negotiate beyond where I can fight in the GE...