• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Extend Stone Age

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser97688

That could work - this idea will really take off, I hope. So much that could be done, and would really improve the game. What about the second SA GB?

DeletedUser96901

(and the tutorial is already improved: at least on the beta server. don't know if it is already on the live servers)

Vesiger

Monarch
You wouldn't get enough blueprints to build a Great Building until well after you'd finished the Stone Age, surely? Unless you made it take a lot longer...

DeletedUser109052

You wouldn't get enough blueprints to build a Great Building until well after you'd finished the Stone Age, surely? Unless you made it take a lot longer...

well, I cant get enough blueprints for any of the buildings yet and I am High middle age, so I kinda get the impression GBs aren't age related as much as the standard buildings....if im honest, the only GB I will ever get in the appropriate age will be the Saturn V rocket when I auto buy it because I freaking love space! XD

But additionally, you could make the henge the one GB that is easier to obtain, via either less Blueprints to build, or rague silvertounge gifts you x amount in quests before leaving you to find the last few? (also turning the GB into a tutorial almost) it'd create a GB that is accessible to most players then like a starter GB.

Vesiger

Monarch
well, I cant get enough blueprints for any of the buildings yet and I am High middle age
Same here, but I think that's more to do with playing style - I don't donate maximum forge points to the GBs of other players to ensure I get blueprints for them, and I don't routinely polish everyone in my neighbourhood of the right era. If you really work at it as a goal I think you get more blueprints out of it and get them a lot quicker and less randomly.

But additionally, you could make the henge the one GB that is easier to obtain, via either less Blueprints to build, or rague silvertounge gifts you x amount in quests before leaving you to find the last few? (also turning the GB into a tutorial almost) it'd create a GB that is accessible to most players then like a starter GB.
Since I don't have any practical experience with GBs I'm not really qualified to comment, but wouldn't a 'starter' GB that almost everyone gets have to be a seriously useless one to avoiding unbalancing the game?

DeletedUser109052

Same here, but I think that's more to do with playing style - I don't donate maximum forge points to the GBs of other players to ensure I get blueprints for them, and I don't routinely polish everyone in my neighbourhood of the right era. If you really work at it as a goal I think you get more blueprints out of it and get them a lot quicker and less randomly.

That be true, I spend my forge points advancing in age... :[

Since I don't have any practical experience with GBs I'm not really qualified to comment, but wouldn't a 'starter' GB that almost everyone gets have to be a seriously useless one to avoiding unbalancing the game?

Nor me to be fair, and I do see your point with that.
but say we did it the hard way, 9 blueprints etc, its not much different from say....comparing the time you have to get a GB in the Modern age as to the bronze age.

The bronze age in comparison goes by very very fast (never been to modern age, at late middle age, but even these ages take forever by compare.)
So the stone age will go fast compared to say the iron and bronze age, but the same applies?

and silvertounge could give you one blueprint to get new players hyped and primed for finding the others?????? ;)

DeletedUser653

In my opinion, the Stone-age is there for tutorial purposes only. It's for the "newbies" to learn about the most basics of the game-play, how to build, how to research and how to collect coins/supplies. When you know about those issues, you're ready to start the game for real in the Bronze-age
I suspect its also a way for INNO to suck new player in and keep them by allowing first age very quicky

but i do think more use of stone age would be good so on balance +1

DeletedUser113110

What is the point of staying in Stone Age?
GBs are not there. No goods. You don't even have a name yet.
Even though their buildings are better-looking does not mean we want to...

DeletedUser113115

If it was more a tutorial but not too long then yes. I honestly can't remember the SA at all.

It could show you how to set up a defending army (something I didn't learn till my current age lol). Useful things like that.

DeletedUser109721

Now FoE is working on Cultural Settlements (test on beta with Vikings) maybe it's a nice plan to make/do something with the Stone Age Time as Cultural Settlement ? Not sure if that's possible, just a thought ;-)

Agent327

Overlord
Now FoE is working on Cultural Settlements (test on beta with Vikings) maybe it's a nice plan to make/do something with the Stone Age Time as Cultural Settlement ? Not sure if that's possible, just a thought ;-)

Watch the announcement video on the settlements and you know that isn't possible.