• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Currency/New GB/Recycling

DeletedUser115821

It would be great for all your parties if InnoGames could come up with a way to recycle unwanted items from players inventory.

They need to input a new No Age required GB like the "Fair Trade Wonder of Troy" for example, where we could turn a few items of our choice daily into a currency that we could use on getting new awards when we gathered enough. This way old awards wouldn't be a total waste for us and it wouldn't prevent InnoGames from turning a profit by selling this new currency through bundles or diamonds.

Let me explain, we all receive through questing, Guild Expedition, special events and other situations. All those items are gathered in our inventory. Some are easier to get than other. Yes we can trash it, but we are in an era where recycling is important and put forward, the game could do it to.

If we had a Great Building that allowed us to dismantle/recycle one item per GB level (for example) daily, it could be dismantle in a currency. That new currency would have to be gathered yearly so it can be used at any time. Common goods are worth less than rare goods and anything in between would have a different value too.

The currency obtain that way could be spent on a always available tab (just like quest tab, daily tab, special event tab, or the boat expedition tab we had before). When you would open it, it would tell you you currency amount and just like special event a spin the wheel could be available.

That way players could recycle their unwanted buildings, decorations, upgrades, special buildings, boosts, fragments, etc. And turn it into a chance at getting something perhaps better or more useful to them. As I said it's a chance to get something better not a guarantee. That could totally be recycling a hundred Gate of the Sun God to get enough points to spin the wheel once and be rewarded with Face of the Ancients, or some Forge Points or a Spin the Wheel again, or a 10% boost potion, or so many other possibilities.

I believe with this mechanics the game wouldn't be easier, it would still be a game of patience, it would still require strategy, but a new element would have to be accounted for in the gaming experience. I still strongly believe that enabling this recycling capacities in the game would the social thing to do, when trashing stuff is frond upon worldwide .

For the players who can't wait to to "Spin the Wheel" InnoGames can sell them bundles of that currency or some diamonds, for those who are just missing a few of that currency then can do the same, for the others they'll have to play the patience game.

For the Great Buildings BluePrints drop it would have to be decided by the game developers where it would drop (aid system, GE, special quest, daily, 7 dailies completed reward, ...). I believe if players can recycle one item per level or every 2 levels of that GB daily (at every GB gathering/reset) then it would be fairly acceptable. This way you'll need to get your GB to level 50 or 60 to be able to recycle 25 items daily. And we all know it takes lots of FPs to get GBs there.

Anyhow this my proposition to InnoGames. I hope too see it happening someday.
♻️ ♻️

Emberguard

Legend
Imagine if the recycle GB could only be lvl'd up through recycling instead of FPs. If it did you'd likely have to assign each age a FP value in regards to lvl'ing it up - and other players wishing to add to it would also have to recycle instead of using FPs.

DeletedUser113901

Wide open for abuse, widens the gap between elite and new players, makes the game easyer...

DeletedUser115821

We're all entitle to different opinions and in that optic I respect and accept yours. However would you be so kind as to explain your vision and judgement on the matter ? Or is it just criticism for the sake of it ?

Agent327

Overlord
We're all entitle to different opinions and in that optic I respect and accept yours. However would you be so kind as to explain your vision and judgement on the matter ? Or is it just criticism for the sake of it ?

Has been suggested before. If you want to know how others feel about it look it up. Why should the same discussions be held over and over again just because someone has this "great" idea, thinks he is the first to come up with it and is just to freaking lazy to do a search.

DeletedUser115821

Has been suggested before. If you want to know how others feel about it look it up. Why should the same discussions be held over and over again just because someone has this "great" idea, thinks he is the first to come up with it and is just to freaking lazy to do a search.

I don't know if you like to be condescending simply to feel better because it makes you feel valuable on the net, well this the net, it's virtual so I'd take it down a notch if I were you.

First, I never I had a great idea that no one had ever before.
So of course even though I didn't put a disclaimer saying that this idea might have been brought up before in a similar or different context, it might have, but instead of making a three pages long explanation of the idea I made it in a few sentences.
Also, I did look it up in older posts and I did find similarities in some of them, but it evolved around a trading system valorizing the players before InnoGames needs.

On a personal note, it seems you don't want to see recurring ideas, but did it ever occur that people might not be interested in your recurring negativity bordering being a a-hole who holds the holy truth. Someone who "has this great idea of himself, who thinks he is entitle to be the first to come up with it (read here being negative) and is just to freaking lazy to do something actually constructive in his life".

Sincerely yours.

Shad23

Emperor
Eondor don't take it personal Agent has a talent to find the negetive side of an idea and to be honest in a idea section like this dev's need both sides of an idea positive and negetive to make a decision if they will implement an idea or not so his negetivity is usefull somehow somewhere it's not personal against anyone that is just how Agent is

DeletedUser115821

I recycle stuff in my inventory

Place in city, sell, collect coins and supplies. Simple!!

I do that too, but it's limited to a fraction of buildings. Some have no selling value, some are special buildings, some are upgrades, some are not building related at all and so on...

The concept I brought forward was that people would have to recycle a lot of "items" to get enough currency for a CHANCE at getting something that may or may not be useful. It's a long process, but it gives purpose for all items in our inventories. It's a long process because you would need to get the GB BPs, then evolve it, you would only get a said amount of recycling ability per day/GB evolution (like DT and RFP do for you when you "aid" someone), then you would need to have those items to recycle. For those willing to wait it takes a lot of time. For those unwilling to wait they use their country real currency to buy that virtual currency (or diamonds) from InnoGames and this way it becomes another source of revenue for that company.

DeletedUser115821

Eondor don't take it personal Agent has a talent to find the negetive side of an idea and to be honest in a idea section like this dev's need both sides of an idea positive and negetive to make a decision if they will implement an idea or not so his negetivity is usefull somehow somewhere it's not personal against anyone that is just how Agent is

I'm not offended, I respect his opinion, but I disagree with his written tone. A different choice of words can convey the same idea but show more respect and class when addressing other people. Some people tend to forget they are actually addressing other people, other human beings and they do lack social skills and appropriateness when doing so.

Shad23

Emperor
he just seems that way , actualy he's not that mean , i think some ppl somtimes don't eaven notice that other ppl could think they are being mean when person in fact did not want to be mean i know for a fact it happens to me sometimes i talk and others think what i said was mean but in my head it was not , like you said some lack social skills

Agent327

Overlord
I don't know if you like to be condescending simply to feel better because it makes you feel valuable on the net, well this the net, it's virtual so I'd take it down a notch if I were you.

This is the net????

On a personal note, it seems you don't want to see recurring ideas

Nothing to do with me

Guide to the Ideas Section

but did it ever occur that people might not be interested in your recurring negativity bordering being a a-hole who holds the holy truth. Someone who "has this great idea of himself, who thinks he is entitle to be the first to come up with it (read here being negative) and is just to freaking lazy to do something actually constructive in his life".

Did it ever occur to you there are forum rules for a reason and some users get sick and tired of those that are to lazy to look them up and/or follow them?

DeletedUser115821

This is getting childish, so this will be my last posting to you

This is the net????

Yes this is the net, you're a user on this forum, please remember your place like all of us and stop patronizing people. And what's with the emphasis on the question mark ? Use your vocabulary instead, it's there for a reason.

Did it ever occur to you there are forum rules for a reason and some users get sick and tired of those that are to lazy to look them up and/or follow them?

I did read the forums rules before posting. I also searched the search bar for keywords, I looked at those ideas not to propose, those that were forwarded, those that were popular, the archives, I looked into the question section, etc. As I've said I found ideas with similarities yet nothing with anything close to a replica of what my buddies and I thought should be brought forward.

Oh, here's a thought for the future, if you're so sick and tired of people way of using the idea section, how about you stop reading it. Because people can get quickly sick and tired of your attitude. You follow a pattern of negativity and annoyance, and if you don't believe me read your past posts on the whole forums the majority of them are made on a similar mold.

Nothing to do with me

Everything to do with you, you are the main protagonist in the idea section of the forums. Not appreciating other people participation in a community doesn't give you the right to be disagreeable.

If you want to have a proper argumentation on ideas I'm willing to discuss it with you or anybody else.
As long as you keep your rudeness, false accusations, polite cursing, failed attempts at intimidations by use of sophisms and your overall denial of responsibility for your choice of words and actions of course.
Oh and if you would like to apologize for being an oaf that would be gladly appreciated.

Galladhorn

Monarch

Way too many issues to be solved for helping people recycle their inventories.
If you want to solve this "issue" which in fact is not an issue at all*, then prevent players from winning so much stuff in the first place.

The game offers many more "Win Experiences" than ever before – But nothing really has changed since now players just do not have space enough to place all their Wins – That plays exactly at the "Buy some Diamonds to get more space theme" – which is essential in funding the free game that FoE is.

And why is this not an issue?* – because stuff in the inventory is not doing anything, its passive and just shows one item type + the number of it.
To rid the inventory just make some space, place the items and sell them – you get Coins and Supplies back = Recycled.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes this is the net, you're a user on this forum, please remember your place like all of us and stop patronizing people. And what's with the emphasis on the question mark ? Use your vocabulary instead, it's there for a reason.

Darn, now I am confused. I thought this was the cinema where we are all watching the same movie.

I did read the forums rules before posting.

And yet you totally missed this?

OVERTYPE said:
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
or
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

I also searched the search bar for keywords, I looked at those ideas not to propose, those that were forwarded, those that were popular, the archives, I looked into the question section, etc. As I've said I found ideas with similarities yet nothing with anything close to a replica of what my buddies and I thought should be brought forward.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...rade-in-for-events-rubbish.31559/#post-307316

Swap shop or GB. Big difference

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/trading-things-from-inventory.36355/

Trading with friends or in a GB./ Big difference.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/inventory-amnesty.36370/

Swapping without using a building. Big difference.

Oh, here's a thought for the future, if you're so sick and tired of people way of using the idea section, how about you stop reading it.

And miss all the good ideas of players that are actually willing to put an effort into it?

Because people can get quickly sick and tired of your attitude. You follow a pattern of negativity and annoyance, and if you don't believe me read your past posts on the whole forums the majority of them are made on a similar mold.

Why should I read my past posts? I made them.

Everything to do with you, you are the main protagonist in the idea section of the forums. Not appreciating other people participation in a community doesn't give you the right to be disagreeable.

Doesn't the same go for disrespecting the rules of that community?

If you want to have a proper argumentation on ideas I'm willing to discuss it with you or anybody else.

What is the use of discussing ideas you are not supposed to suggest?

Oh and if you would like to apologize for being an oaf that would be gladly appreciated.

DeletedUser115821

All three propositions above refer to trading unwanted items for other items that would better suit their needs.
Trading items for items isn't allowed and isn't what I proposed.
My proposition was to get a chance to turn a whole lot of unwanted items into a new currency over the course of several days, weeks or months depending on your GB level and capacity to play the game often or not.
Then use that currency when you have enough to get "token" to "spin the wheel" and maybe get something utterly useless or awesome or anything in between.
Like alll F2P games people grow impatient and will want a chance to win now, that's where & when InnoGames get to be richer.

And yet you totally missed this?

I didn't miss what you refer as "this"

It wouldn't make us richer.
It wouldn't make the game easier.
Actually it would be harder, because you would need to figure a location in your air tight city for a new building, you would have to add a new aspect in your strategy list and would have to play the "over time" game as indicated in your quote. Unless you wanna buy diamonds and then InnoGames is the one profiting and getting richer.

Anything added in the game since it's vanilla days has made the game easier and the players richer. It is easy to say then, that this rule has been broken many times before. But it's not up to us to decide when it is to be followed or not, it is up to the staff of InnoGames and/or their mod team to be judge of that, not you not I.

Agent327

Overlord
All three propositions above refer to trading unwanted items for other items that would better suit their needs.
Trading items for items isn't allowed and isn't what I proposed.
My proposition was to get a chance to turn a whole lot of unwanted items into a new currency over the course of several days, weeks or months depending on your GB level and capacity to play the game often or not.

And a new currency isn't an item that suits your needs??????

Then use that currency when you have enough to get "token" to "spin the wheel" and maybe get something utterly useless or awesome or anything in between.

So in the end that does not result to making you richer????

Like alll F2P games people grow impatient and will want a chance to win now, that's where & when InnoGames get to be richer.

Great argument. You do not want to profit, it is all about Inno earning more.

I didn't miss what you refer as "this"
It wouldn't make us richer.

It does when you trade stuff you will never use for a chance on something you will use. It's like playing the lottery for free.

It wouldn't make the game easier.

Again it does, cause you are trading things that have no benefit for something that might have benefit. It is win/win.

Actually it would be harder, because you would need to figure a location in your air tight city for a new building, you would have to add a new aspect in your strategy list and would have to play the "over time" game as indicated in your quote.

Crap. If that would be a problem, why recycle in the first place.

Unless you wanna buy diamonds and then InnoGames is the one profiting and getting richer.

Ah, the all for Inno argument again.

Anything added in the game since it's vanilla days has made the game easier and the players richer. It is easy to say then, that this rule has been broken many times before. But it's not up to us to decide when it is to be followed or not, it is up to the staff of InnoGames and/or their mod team to be judge of that, not you not I.

Yes it is. That's why they told us what not to suggest because: "they don't want any more of such things suggested to them."

So glad you read it all and understood it.