• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Make PvP Optional

Vesiger

Monarch
I have OF players with TE and lower troops in their defence. Not to mention those who have spears protecting their city. Some are just not interested in their defence armies. Are you criticising their chose of defence or that your neighbourhood isn't balanced?
It clearly isn't balanced - but more relevantly, it doesn't feel fair to the people subjected to attack from someone who deliberately picked them out as being easy victims.
Admittedly it would be very hard to guarantee winning four battles in a row against your peers...

DeletedUser99588

It clearly isn't balanced - but more relevantly, it doesn't feel fair to the people subjected to attack from someone who deliberately picked them out as being easy victims.
Admittedly it would be very hard to guarantee winning four battles in a row against your peers...

From your previous post it wasn't clear because you discussed age of troops not the age of the cities. Many higher age cities have troops in defence from lower ages. I'm not sure why you refer to players as victims. They are playing a game so there are winners and losers of certain aspects of this game but not victims. So please try not to be so melodramatic. It is quite easy to win four battles in a row against peers if you are defining peers as being same age. PvP fighters do it all the time as well as beating players in higher ages to themselves.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I like the way people with 2 spears act as if they're being clever, but howl the loudest when they're plundered.

I especially like people who leave 5 min productions to take. I still plunder them to discourage them from making longer productions and thereby catching up with sensible players. What's best for the defender? 10 full time productions, half of which are plundered, or 10 five minute productions, half of which are plundered?

DeletedUser99588

I like the way people with 2 spears act as if they're being clever, but howl the loudest when they're plundered.

I especially like people who leave 5 min productions to take. I still plunder them to discourage them from making longer productions and thereby catching up with sensible players. What's best for the defender? 10 full time productions, half of which are plundered, or 10 five minute productions, half of which are plundered?

The tactic works when there is only one or two plunderers in a neighbourhood. Once they have taken the bait then the production is put on more sensible outputs. Still not the best strategy imo but I guess some feel like they are getting revenge on the plunderer. What most don't understand is that plunderers are doing it to most of the neighbourhood and look at the haul as a whole and not what is received from a single city. If they keep doing it then no doubt the plunderer will hold out for goods buildings to cough up rather than hoping for a fp from a bazaar or some such thing.

The real way to frustrate a plunderer is to collect your stuff before they can.

With today's hood change there are 3 players who I know just have 2 spear defence so free stuff all week for me :D If they put up a bit of defence then I would probably leave them alone a bit, no one wants to loose troops unnecessarily

I prefer daily aid (at least over other day) - I don't need their stuff and the loss of troops is irrelevant, but if it's too much trouble to click the aid button, I will plunder them! Too bad if they don't like it. Then they can come get some.

Vesiger

Monarch
From your previous post it wasn't clear because you discussed age of troops not the age of the cities. Many higher age cities have troops in defence from lower ages. I'm not sure why you refer to players as victims. They are playing a game so there are winners and losers of certain aspects of this game but not victims. So please try not to be so melodramatic. It is quite easy to win four battles in a row against peers if you are defining peers as being same age. PvP fighters do it all the time as well as beating players in higher ages to themselves.

As I wrote:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ck-make-pvp-optional.36319/page-4#post-297307

The fact is that expectations of PvP don't match experience, and if people repeatedly come to complain about it then there is probably a genuine problem with game balance that needs to be faced instead of treating them all as whining incompetents.

People regard themselves as the victims of powerful predators who only attack when they know the opponent has no hope of retaliation. We know this because they come here to say so independently of one another and unprompted. It isn't so much the fact of being plundered that they complain about; it is the perception that they are only ever attacked by people against whom there is absolutely no way of fighting back, which makes the whole combat mechanic seem a bit pointless.

DeletedUser111359

I get attacked occasionally on some of my worlds. I just shrug, and keep on, keeping on. It's just not that big a deal.

DeletedUser99588

As I wrote:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ck-make-pvp-optional.36319/page-4#post-297307

The fact is that expectations of PvP don't match experience, and if people repeatedly come to complain about it then there is probably a genuine problem with game balance that needs to be faced instead of treating them all as whining incompetents.

People regard themselves as the victims of powerful predators who only attack when they know the opponent has no hope of retaliation. We know this because they come here to say so independently of one another and unprompted. It isn't so much the fact of being plundered that they complain about; it is the perception that they are only ever attacked by people against whom there is absolutely no way of fighting back, which makes the whole combat mechanic seem a bit pointless.

If by powerful predator you mean a player several ages above then I agree it isn't balanced but that doesn't make anyone a victim. This is a failing in the neighbourhood merge not the actual mechanics of the PvP system. Many (not all) of those that complain are really complaining about being plundered which is something they can control and stop no matter the age of the attacker. I have to say since I returned to the game I have found the hoods I have been allocated to have been no more than two ages. Much better than 3+ years ago when I frequently found cities that were several ages below mine at the bottom of the hood. Most PvP players don't want cities several ages below them in their hood because the points for fights are so low and normally fewer buildings worthy of plundering available. Doesn't mean they won't attack and plunder because you can only play what is in front of you but it doesn't mean they actually want things to be that way.

I do agree though that when the neighbourhoods aren't balanced and the realistic chance of being able to fight back isn't available then PvP does become pointless for players in that situation. When this happens you need to adapt your strategy to cope and maybe look at why you may have ended up in such a neighbourhood.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I've been in FE about 6 weeks and with the last 2 hoods everyone else was in FE too
but with my new hood at least 3 quarters are in established AF cities.
Makes pvp a bit more challenging but plunder is better.
Not complaining just wondering if inno have changed the way new hoods are created?

Agent327

Overlord
I've been in FE about 6 weeks and with the last 2 hoods everyone else was in FE too
but with my new hood at least 3 quarters are in established AF cities.
Makes pvp a bit more challenging but plunder is better.
Not complaining just wondering if inno have changed the way new hoods are created?

No they haven't. This has always been possible.

DeletedUser113423

What is really disheartening to me in all this , is that i really got pounde at the lower levels of play here ..when i started building up on defenses ..I found it getting quite LOPSIDED , as my defense being 273 ..but me offense on the defense side being only 60 ????...THAT to me does NOT seem to be following any kind of parity to what ones trying to do ..it should be at the LEAST half of ones defensive capability

DeletedUser112892

What is really disheartening to me in all this , is that i really got pounde at the lower levels of play here ..when i started building up on defenses ..I found it getting quite LOPSIDED , as my defense being 273 ..but me offense on the defense side being only 60 ????...THAT to me does NOT seem to be following any kind of parity to what ones trying to do ..it should be at the LEAST half of ones defensive capability
Are you getting plundered regularly? If yes, even players in high eras do. Defence in every era is pretty much useless, not just lower ones. Problem is that players in lower eras often don't know how to deal with plundering, and that's why they complain most

DeletedUser108359

This game is so simple.
If you get attacked, sometimes you get plundered and lose a few things.
If there are a few people who do it to you every day, there are a number of ways you can try take care of this.
1) Make sure you collect before they can take.
2) disconnect everything, of course you also get nothing
3) put up city shield
4) request support to move you, of course you could end up in a worse place.
5) bribe them, some players will leave you alone if you put a few fp on their Gb every day, send them friend request or chat with them, you will be surprised how many "enemies" become friends, It was an "enemy, a bully, a vile plunderer ( said with a smile ) who helped me get my 1st Traz by doing horribly unfair trades and without fp compensation )
6) Attack them back, again you will be surprised how many dont have decent defense, and they have usually more to lose than you do
7) hang in there, the hood will change soon enough

8))) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, no matter what they do, no matter what they take, you can make it again, your city will still be there tomorrow, all buildings intact and rocking. There are games where the "enemy" can severely damage your city and heaven forbid, even take your city away from you, imagine logging on tomorrow and you get a message, " you have lost your last city on this world, please select a new world to start again "

And if all this fails, follow this advise.

bigger bottle.jpg