• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message tool usability

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser108234

Hi,

Some time ago was introduced the capability to send GB and trades as a message
This helps a lot, avoiding looking for players GB... so a great short cut.
Another feature that helped is the option to view player GB without entering their city... (also a great addition, avoids spending time visiting each player's city and looking for GB that are not always easy to spot )

One thing that we find missing and would be helping... What about adding other player as link in a message.
In my guild, we have a thread where multiple players add their names and GB they need help with.
Would be great if we could have links in messages as shortcut to multiple players or even GBs.

Maybe, It could added as something like this for GB : GBname@PlayerName ?
And simply like this to view the same options when clicking on a user avatar picture : @PlayerName?

This could help a lot when creating messages with a list of players/GBs

NOTE : In the chat window, players name appear as a link that you can click and then a menu appear. This is a good example of how a player link in a message could also be used.

Thanks,.

Norrin

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

+1 but you can't attach someone you ignore / who ignores you.

DeletedUser108234

Valid point... But I suppose this affects only players using the link in messages. So, all players should be able to add a link pointing to another player (or one of his GB) and then only the ones who can interact with that player should be able to do so. (basically following the rules that already exists for social interactions with friends, guild mates, neighbors etc..)

Agent327

Overlord
Like shad says, you must create a new message. In doing so you have to copy the list and add or remove a name. No matter what format the list is in, that never becomes easier.

DeletedUser108234

Of course you must create a new message to copy existing list. But the point is NOT to help in editing messages, the point is to help readers to easily have interaction with a player in the list (whether it is to go to his GB if it is a "GB Link" or to interact with the player if it is a "Player link")

Remember that today, if you have a list of player in a message, the only way to access one of the players is to manually go through your contacts (or other cumbersome ways such as scrolling message to find player last entry)

Agent327

Overlord
Of course you must create a new message to copy existing list. But the point is NOT to help in editing messages, the point is to help readers to easily have interaction with a player in the list (whether it is to go to his GB if it is a "GB Link" or to interact with the player if it is a "Player link")

That's something totally different from what you were saying.

DeletedUser108234

When I wrote "editing message", I meant in a reply to a message, there you can copy links from previous message and/or add new links.
So that is of course in the reply, not modifying existing message but creating new message in the reply.-

Anyway, the whole point is to make it easy in messages to refer to other players or their GB, so that you can access them easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
It's called EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post) - a common term in a forum game called mafia where you can't edit the original message

DeletedUser108234

That's fine, since "editing" is not what I meant, I withdraw the word from the idea description as I can see it may lead to confusion.

Agent327

Overlord
It's called EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post) - a common term in a forum game called mafia where you can't edit the original message

What does that have to do with this?

This idea has nothing to do with editing. He wants the ability to directly visit a player or GB from a list.