• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Vikings in FoE? (Spoiler Section)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Personally I'm hoping it's like a new side-quest area where we can end up building up various 'guest colonies' from across various historical eras?! ;)

Oooooh! Or better yet, what it;
1. GvG gets obliterated via Exterminatus from high orbit.

2. This replaces the defunct GvG, but can function on an individual player basis, with pts that go towards an overall 'guild score' similar to GE.

3. This new 'colony' could then become THE true PvP element, with the ability to go all 'Murder Christmas' & brutally conquer everything in sight, and/or diplomatically trade resources with rival/allied guild players?!

DeletedUser110620

Maybe they are just using FoE code for a completely new game. But too lazy to sandbox it. In that case I can't wait for Virtual Viking Future!

Galladhorn

Monarch
The buildings provided by DarkUrus222 seasm to be to big for a regular Event – Townhall, Roads, Houses, Blacksmith/Weasponssmith, Honey producer for "Mjød", Hides and the last one I do not know what it – perhaps the sheep header for wool. + a Ship – That is more or less all the basics for an Era minus the unit buildings. Either it could be a completely new kind and more prominent Event type or a new game section. Also as suggested a next part of VF - but I somehow doubt that, since these images do not provide any hints of VF – e.g the digital displays. Will in any case be interesting to see.

DeletedUser112892

However, the fact that there is ship leads me to one conclusion.
There will be new city which we will discover by sailing with the ship. Now, I don't know if that is true or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

What did Vikings do well?
Raise sheeps-> wool and maybe a sheep caring game like city is built on batlefield and sheeps are walking around and you should keep them in your third of batlefield ane steal the enemy's.
Drink-> silver coins kinda looks like tavern silver maybe tavern based feature.
Sail-> take a ship and solve a continent map nbr 2.
Raid-> real PVP with 30 vs 30 half auto battles and wreckage in Viking city.
Expand (south of Italy, north west of France, all of England, south of Greenland, Iceland, north east of Canada and Scandinavia of course were all under Viking nations domination when they were the most powerful)-> collect Viking city expansions by destroying other Viking cities.
Just analise Viking lifestyle to make weird suppositions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6065

I dunno.
What has me stumped the the uniqueness of the Town Hall.
Remember, all Town Halls in all worlds are the same.
Why is this one different?
Two cities in each city? A different city for GvG or GEx?
No, and no. Two cities in each city is too much work. And Vikings against tanks?
Hardly.
No, the Town Hall is the key to the mystery.
. . . . . mk

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I dunno.
What has me stumped the the uniqueness of the Town Hall.
Remember, all Town Halls in all worlds are the same.
Why is this one different?
Two cities in each city? A different city for GvG or GEx?
No, and no. Two cities in each city is too much work. And Vikings against tanks?
Hardly.
No, the Town Hall is the key to the mystery.
. . . . . mk
It could very likely be a second city, especially if Inno has decided to port the 'Fellowship Adventures' of Elvenar into an FoE version... (*cries in horror*)

DeletedUser

Honestly, hell yes

They are becoming like Microsoft, instead of the fixing the issues, they only patch, that became apparently clear, when the last event launched, cause all the good work they had done was wiped out.

This is where we differentiate between those who actually care about the game and its longevity and those who are only interested in their own agendas

DeletedUser112892

As long as I can play game without problems that would make it almost unplayable, I like it.

DeletedUser

As long as I can play game without problems that would make it almost unplayable, I like it.

As I said "This is where we differentiate between those who actually care about the game and its longevity and those who are only interested in their own agendas "

DeletedUser112892

As I said "This is where we differentiate between those who actually care about the game and its longevity and those who are only interested in their own agendas "
I actually do care about the game, but bugs are not the main reason players retire from FoE.
Main reason is boredom, caused by lack of new content. Giving players some hype, like now, with something related to Vikings, and with recent releasing VF, is what keeps players playing it.
For the time I am playing this game, I have encountered severe bugs only few times, and those were fixed.