• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Abuse (via message)

DeletedUser112520

Good Afternoon,

If somebody send explicit language via private message on the game, can I report them and get them banned from the game? If so, what is the best way to go about reporting this?

Some players tend to get nasty when you attack/plunder and I'm not standing for it anymore.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Good Afternoon,

If somebody send explicit language via private message on the game, can I report them and get them banned from the game? If so, what is the best way to go about reporting this?

Some players tend to get nasty when you attack/plunder and I'm not standing for it anymore.

I strongly share your views on this.

I am fed up with being called a "bully" for simply playing by the rules. I know name calling is pretty mild, but I think it breaks one of the forum rules...

Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum, including reputation and private messages.

...and that should apply to personal messages in the game too.

It would help if Inno placed an announcement somewhere prominent that explained to the whingers that battling/plundering is ok, but I guess they don't want to rattle that cage!

DeletedUser112520

Thank you for your replies, guys. I appreciate the support.

twomsuk - I reported via the avatar earlier, as suggested. Thanks.

If this player isn't banned (or at least suspended for a period of time) I will be considering leaving the game. Will also see if I can get a refund on my Diamonds. Shouldn't be subjected to harassment and abuse on a computer game.

DeletedUser112520

I’ll be able to tell if he’s not suspended or banned because I can view his city. So, to some extent, I’ll be able to tell what action is taken. I’ll give it a few days then take further action myself, if need be. Totally wrong if this guy gets away with using explicit language.

DeletedUser112892

I’ll be able to tell if he’s not suspended or banned because I can view his city. So, to some extent, I’ll be able to tell what action is taken. I’ll give it a few days then take further action myself, if need be. Totally wrong if this guy gets away with using explicit language.
He will not be banned, probably only prevented from sending messages.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I have reported a few in the past but I don't bother now as nothing appears to be done, so I just block them.

DeletedUser112520

In my opinion....

Nothing is done because the staff are scared stiff of losing out on any potential revenue. We've clearly learnt that you can get away with using abusive language towards other members just because they don't agree with plundering (which is highly encouraged within the game). FoE seem to have certain sets of rules that aren't acted upon when broken which is extremely poor management. If you exposed a bug (like getting free diamonds, for example) you would most probably be banned outright without warning. But, judging by this thread, it seems totally fine for you to use abusive and explicit language towards a fellow player and then happily continue to collect resources and enjoy the game. When you stand back and actually think about it, it's quite flabbergasting to think that this type of behaviour isn't taken seriously by management. Could you imagine being abusive in the workplace and getting away with it? It would never happen. You would be reprimanded in a big way! Unbelievable that you can get away with it on a game which is meant to be a "fun" place to be (well, according to FoE themselves anyway). I won't be purchasing any more Diamonds because of this. So, in reality, the carefree mindset when it comes to abuse actually does backfire on FoE financially.

Unlucky for not getting you rule enforcement strategies in order. I'm hoping that this thread will send a message to FoE management on a higher scale, other than just the forum staff. I will be highlighting this issue to a person of higher authority in the game as I think it's something extremely important. Would have been nice for a staff member to apologise for receiving such abuse but the abusers privacy seems much more important than anything else. Shame :/

DeletedUser112892

In my opinion....

Nothing is done because the staff are scared stiff of losing out on any potential revenue. We've clearly learnt that you can get away with using abusive language towards other members just because they don't agree with plundering (which is highly encouraged within the game). FoE seem to have certain sets of rules that aren't acted upon when broken which is extremely poor management. If you exposed a bug (like getting free diamonds, for example) you would most probably be banned outright without warning. But, judging by this thread, it seems totally fine for you to use abusive and explicit language towards a fellow player and then happily continue to collect resources and enjoy the game. When you stand back and actually think about it, it's quite flabbergasting to think that this type of behaviour isn't taken seriously by management. Could you imagine being abusive in the workplace and getting away with it? It would never happen. You would be reprimanded in a big way! Unbelievable that you can get away with it on a game which is meant to be a "fun" place to be (well, according to FoE themselves anyway). I won't be purchasing any more Diamonds because of this. So, in reality, the carefree mindset when it comes to abuse actually does backfire on FoE financially.

Unlucky for not getting you rule enforcement strategies in order. I'm hoping that this thread will send a message to FoE management on a higher scale, other than just the forum staff. I will be highlighting this issue to a person of higher authority in the game as I think it's something extremely important. Would have been nice for a staff member to apologise for receiving such abuse but the abusers privacy seems much more important than anything else. Shame :/
I told, he won't get banned from game, maybe he will receive warning first and then he won't be able to send message.

DeletedUser112892

just today a guy called me stupid for plundering him, but that's really tame
I am currently only receiving friend requests from players I am plundering. Wonder when will they start telling me "things" as I keep deleting requests :P

DeletedUser112520

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm no snowflake. I enjoy a bit of banter. For example, not so long ago, a player called me a thief. I replied in a jokingly way and we ended up talking about the World Cup. We're now friends. But the big difference is, he didn't use nasty explicit language and people should (at the very least) be suspended from playing for a period of time. That will send a clear message to the entire community about respecting other players and sticking to the rules. No point in FoE stating that you can't be abusive whilst not acting upon anything in a serious manner. A warning message or message restriction isn't going far enough (well, unless it's a permanent message ban).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99692

Please be assured all reports are read and dealt with. I am sorry I cannot go into details as to what action is taken that depends on the individual report and the offending players report history. I know its frustrating when you do not always see or are informed of the outcome but consider this would you like it published if you were the offender. I think not.