• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: League Table for soccer event , Bronze reward being bypassed

Snazzle

Private
The league table in this soccer event for bronze awards has a glitch .
In every character i have on every server , there are No Bronze players ! .
It jumps to silver reward from amateur reward , bypassing the bronze reward .
So something is obviously bugged and broken here !

Snazzle

Private
To clarify , on a few of my characters i have 4 goals which is putting me currently in the amateur league
But on a few of my characters i have 5 goals which is putting me in the silver league .
What should be happening is the players with 4 goals should be in the bronze league ,
as amateur league did display 1/2 goals , bronze 3/4 goals and silver 5 and above .
Currently 0 bronze players is displaying on all league tables with a line as the objective
and amateur goal reward is displaying 1/4 goals as the objective .
So any chance this can be rectified before the event finishes ,
as many of us have been down graded to amateur reward when we should have a bronze reward at the finale of this event .

Emberguard

Legend
Ord League.jpg
Noarsil League.jpg
Parkogl League.jpg

Looking at three of my worlds I found one of them have that same "problem" but the other two don't

Keep in mind those cups are percentage of players and I think the high diamond users are what is causing this discrepancy.

Looking at the world that skips bronze the highest scorers have 240 goals, whereas the other worlds without the skipped cup have only 110/148 goals. Bell curves (which is what is being used here) are immensely effected by outliers which can be 1% of the results (any result that is either much larger or far smaller then the majority). Which is why in school math class we were told to identify the outliers and remove them from the results when compiling tables/bell curves as otherwise it gives a false impression of how big or small the main results actually are. We also found the middle tends to be fairly bunched up and can require splitting down the middle to separate the same results

I'll see if I can look at the math for this a it's possible that outlier places the math in such a way that the middle either overlaps or doesn't exist

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

The league table in this soccer event for bronze awards has a glitch .
In every character i have on every server , there are No Bronze players ! .
It jumps to silver reward from amateur reward , bypassing the bronze reward .
So something is obviously bugged and broken here !
I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but it is preparation for changing league requirements.
First, bronze league shows 0 players and then, after 1 day, minimum requirement for silver league gets higher and those players who had just enough goals to fulfill minimum requirement for it before requirements change will be thrown into Bronze league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
ok I don't have enough info here to be able to tell you whether the math is accurate or not, but I'm guessing the converging middle was so close that there simply wasn't big enough of a difference to put anyone in the 20% so they had to land on either side

Snazzle

Private
18 hours to end of event and the bronze award is still not winnable and No player will receive it , across multiple servers .
Your calculations / coding is a mess Inno team , or should i say your calculations and coding is bias Inno team ?.

DeletedUser112892

18 hours to end of event and the bronze award is still not winnable and No player will receive it , across multiple servers .
Your calculations / coding is a mess Inno team , or should i say your calculations and coding is bias Inno team ?.
Be patient :)

Emberguard

Legend
I wonder if bronze is 5.5 goals :lol: and therefore not viable. But I agree, they needed to code a way to split results in some fashion if they're gonna use a bell curve model

Calydor

Private
So there was no free 60 drinks on this last day, and I'm left sitting in Amateur just one kick away from moving up to Silver.

I guess we're down to full pay to win for this event.

Snazzle

Private
Yep exactly what i knew would happen , and thus why i mentioned it here .
Some of my characters won the amateur prize as the bronze prize was unobtainable due to the frakked up calculation !! .

DeletedUser104881

Apologies for the delay in replying to this, but hopefully this belated explanation will help:

First, it is important to remember that the percentages in the game are used as the basis for the goal numbers you can see in the different leagues. As a result, there is a degree of inaccuracy when it comes to the percentages shown in the game. As an example, if we assume that 50% of all players are at 2.3 goals or more, the result could be that only 47% of the players get sorted into the amateur league, as the goal target is set at 3 goals. This effect can also be seen in the other leagues, but it is less pronounced there as more goals are present that allow for a finer allocation.

We have designed it this way to make sure that there are clear goals for our players to strive for. Thanks to that, we avoid situations where, for example, the Bronze league requires 2.3 goals in one hour and 2.6 goals in the next, which would be frustrating and hard to see from the game itself.

Also, please remember that the players in higher leagues are not excluded when it comes to the calculation of the percentages, but the total number of players is used for the calculation of each league separately. This may contribute to the impression that some of the leagues are calculated wrong or have too few or too many players in them, which is not the case.

Now, why are some leagues unexpectedly empty then? Well, this is because the system is, in fact, a little bit more generous than you may expect. So, the gold league will actually round up a bit – meaning that Gold will have at least 1% of the participating players, Silver and Gold will be at least 5%, Silver, Gold and Bronze will be at least 20% and Silver, Gold, Bronze and Amateur will be at least 50%. All those leagues can have more than their associated percentage, as the system will set the goal thresholds lower than the percentage if it doesn’t hit on a round number. So, this behaviour is a result of players getting sorted a league higher than they otherwise would’ve been.

We can see that the way it works has created some confusion. Should we go for a similar league system in one of our future events, we will try making its behaviour clearer.