• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

First Nation/Native American Racism In-Game

• Thread starter DeletedUser114115
  • Start date

DeletedUser111187

You say you want dialogue. Yet it seems you have no answer at all. Just dodging questions and going off on tangents. So AGAIN I ask. Did you have any objections to killing all those Europeans in those early ages? Or was killing them fine since they were white? You happily killed your way through Europe, but then North America and muh Natives. And suddenly, oh noes, we are killing people. That's insensitive and racist.

If you had a complaint about killing and war completely, and made an issue about it all the way back in Europe then fine. Then you'd at least have principles. Instead you are selectively fine killing white people but then get offended when non white people start being a target of our conquests? That's a double standard. And that's what annoys me. Being anti war is fine. Being a hypocrite is not. Converse if you want, but don't lie in my face and call it morality.

DeletedUser110615

I've never thought about the game targeting a specific group of people and after considering what you had to say, I still don't. I'm in about the same boat as you progress-wise (just starting Industrial map). We've gone through 51 provinces filled with white people of various timelines, so I don't see how having the 52nd province filled with people of a different race is racist. I'd argue that it's far more racist to not have any non-white people in those 51 provinces. Racism can be targeted at any race, but it seems that being racist towards white people is acceptable these days for some reason. But I digress.

For the age and the area they went to it makes perfect sense to pick Native Americans. This still is a (vaguely) historical game after all. It would make no sense to have for instance blue, purple and green people in this setting.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My personal view: "I'm not racist - I slaughter everyone & everything in my way with equal zeal!"
*insert preferred battle cry here*

Though admittedly, I do apply a 'special' level of butchery & mayhem to those 'hoodies who complain that I went and looted them. ;)

DeletedUser101009

Got to admit the OP made me chuckle with their post and really cba to read all of the replies but I have 1 question for the OP.....what type of people would you like us to be attacking on the maps? aliens? I'm guessing animals are out or the tree huggers would be up in arms about animal cruelty.
Think this is left wing leberalism taken to whole new level personally.

DeletedUser111732

latest
I'm curious as to why the OP had no problem conquering people up till this point. Guess it's okay to conquer whites.

Just wait till you get to this guy
latest
uh-oh, or this one
latest
oh my.

Last edited by a moderator: