• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Please fix this.

DeletedUser112365

Dear Sir/Madam,

I truly wish you would reprogram the way the game deals with attacks on your city. I have a neighbor that continually attacks my city with one cannon and 7 rogues. Your program always attacks the rogues first. As the player only has one cannon, I wish you would reprogram the game to attack the one cannon first.

If I was playing the player one on one, I would take out the cannon first and render the rogues useless. Please fix this.

Thank you.

DeletedUser96901

it is not a bug
so it is not possible to fix it

and I remember a few years ago there was a bug on beta and rogues were attacked first
many players cried there and so they fixed that bug

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

It's not a bug I'm afraid, but a feature, therefore cannot be "fixed".

As a player I agree it is an annoying one. I have been attacked by a single unit and several rogues about three times in the past (all by the same person). Despite having about 250% defence back then, my troops dropped like flies without dealing a single scratch to the attacker's troops.
If I was manually attacking someone in PvP who (foolishly) had one or two units and the rest filled in by rogues on defence, you're quite right, I'd kill the non-rogues first so the rogues will end up being pretty much useless.

If you'd like to suggest a change to the battles feature, feel free to post in the ideas section of the forum here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/ideas.76/
Please make sure you use the correct format when suggesting an idea: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/formats-for-ideas.26585/

Agent327

Overlord
I truly wish you would reprogram the way the game deals with attacks on your city. I have a neighbor that continually attacks my city with one cannon and 7 rogues. Your program always attacks the rogues first. As the player only has one cannon, I wish you would reprogram the game to attack the one cannon first.

How do you know he does not have a second cannon?

Use Knights in your defence.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Rogues get heavily nerfed later on in the game once more modern style units are available.
Leave them their lower age dominance where they're actually really useful.

If you're tired of being plundered, there's plenty of things you can try out;
- Collect. On. Time!!
- Send a Friend invite
- Change up your production time/s
- Get some of your guildies to attack any & all of the plunderer's guildies in their 'hoods
- Add a defensive GB so you at least gain some bonus atk% + more defense
- Change up your defensive army to hard-counter the plunderer's. (you don't have to win, just make it too costly for him to keep coming back!)

DeletedUser6838

- Collect. On. Time!!
The worst possible advise one can give....EVER >.>, not everyone can log into the game each day at the exact same time or in every 4/8 hours....you can't expect all players to be able to do that. Perhaps you don't work, or have no life outside your room, or decided to quit/skip school or whatever, it's your thing, not for all....

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The worst possible advise one can give....EVER >.>, not everyone can log into the game each day at the exact same time or in every 4/8 hours....you can't expect all players to be able to do that. Perhaps you don't work, or have no life outside your room, or decided to quit/skip school or whatever, it's your thing, not for all....
Or if you're a naturally very busy individual who can only pop in and out a few times a day, you could always do something as amazing as making sure to set 24hr productions to finish at a time when you know you'll almost always be able to log in and collect...
Like say, maybe a half hour or so before your typical bed time? Or maybe when you first wake-up and are waiting for your coffee to finish brewing? Or some other convenient time.
It's really not that hard.

And if you're typically so busy that you can't make 8hr/4hr or even a single 24hr cycle work, then maybe you shouldn't give a rat's fart if/when the odd production gets pillaged, since you're obviously too busy to be an active player to begin with?!

Saying that collecting on time is the world's worst advice is as rich as complaining that it's impossible to ever finish the big seasonal events because you can only log in once per day for barely 5min at a time. -_-

DeletedUser113110

Rogues get heavily nerfed later on in the game once more modern style units are available.
Leave them their lower age dominance where they're actually really useful.

- Collect. On. Time!!
- Send a Friend invite
- Change up your production time/s
- Get some of your guildies to attack any & all of the plunderer's guildies in their 'hoods
- Add a defensive GB so you at least gain some bonus atk% + more defense
- Change up your defensive army to hard-counter the plunderer's. (you don't have to win, just make it too costly for him to keep coming back!)
Just set up the same army as him....

DeletedUser15986

it is not a bug
so it is not possible to fix it

and I remember a few years ago there was a bug on beta and rogues were attacked last
many players cried there and so they fixed that bug

The problem wasn't that rogues were attacked last, it was that they didn't always get the benefits of the unit they turned into. Inno fixed it by making the Rogues always move last. The complaints that followed were that not only did it not fix the bug, it actually reduced the effectiveness of rogues on the continent map.

Agent327

Overlord
The problem wasn't that rogues were attacked last, it was that they didn't always get the benefits of the unit they turned into. Inno fixed it by making the Rogues always move last. The complaints that followed were that not only did it not fix the bug, it actually reduced the effectiveness of rogues on the continent map.

Rogues have never been effective on the continent map.

DeletedUser96901

that is not the bug I was talking about (believe it this game has more than 1 bug in things)

AFTER that

once on beta they had a "bug" where rogues were always attacked first
too many players cried. Innogames changed it back

Last edited by a moderator: