• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Many ideas proposed without format

Galladhorn

Monarch
Lately it seams like a lot of ideas are proposed without using the Idea Format Offered and requested.

An Idea can be great, good or the opposite, that is just fine. I proposed several ideas that never made it and frankly that is how it is with ideas. But at least applying the requested format should be mandatory – Everybody can get ideas, but the real work first starts when the idea have to concretised, pros and cons considered as well as details added to make the idea more clear.

With the current "Trend" in the Idea Section, flushing out proposals with no deeper structure, nearly all feedback will most likely be negative or rather non constructive. Even if an idea has been given consideration the changces are still that one person will oversee something essential or miss out on something. The format is there to give a structure to the idea, to remind the one proposing the idea that several basic considerations in regard to the game have to be given some thought.

Secondary the Idea Format helps the forum members and moderators to give constructive feedback on particular issues of the idea, instead of having to neclate the idea completely because it is presented in unstructured way – this way opens up for immidiate critique rather than constructive feedback.

I do not know how to resolve or dicuss this issue, but I find the current "Trend" not constructive and if it continues it could drain the idea forum for seriousness and remove interest in those otherwise great ideas that do appear from time to time and which are being implemented.

FoE has som many various sections of play and it would be sad to see the player input vanish just because idea proposals are sloppy or being made for the wrong reasons.

As a reminder: In nearly any creative business or endaevor only about 10% of the total work amount is the ideation, the remaining 90% goes to conceptualizing, testing, analysing, refining and "real world" implemantation.

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
I think using the normal lettertype should be mandatory as well.

Which normal lettertype?
– The system provides several what is considered standard typefaces which also are used vastly across the internet, TV and print meida in all sorts of iterations and versions.

But I´m more curious to know why? – have you come accross something unreadble or what?

DeletedUser113110

Which normal lettertype?
– The system provides several what is considered standard typefaces which also are used vastly across the internet, TV and print meida in all sorts of iterations and versions.

But I´m more curious to know why? – have you come accross something unreadble or what?
Agent always goes against ideas...

Agent327

Overlord

Which normal lettertype?

You atre using a differentent letterype than others. Your letters are smaller and therefor more difficult to read.

This isn't an idea. If it was it is in the wrong format.

Galladhorn

Monarch
@ Agent327

Hmm.., well I can say that on my screen it looks perfectly normal,
This is Ariel on a standard size 4.
But it can occur that local systems display a certain typeface differently, like e.g with e-mail newsletters, they are hihgly affected by the user settings unless made with inline coding.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 12.14.02.png

Galladhorn

Monarch

Hi King Jared, Agent327 is right about this – This is posted as a Community Discussion.

– There is no idea to the above other than suggesting people proposing ideas, to use the idea format provided, before it bcomes the standard not too.
And I do in fact not have any idea how to turn this "Trend" around...

@Agent327 – Does this text look more readable on your screen?

Agent327

Overlord
@Agent327 – Does this text look more readable on your screen?

Yes, but why change the fontsize? There is no reason for that. Just type your text and leve the fontsize alone.

Agent327

Overlord
Can we;

A. Stay on the topic discussed
B. Keep any criticism constructive.

Thank you

There should not be any reason for this discussion. Forum mods should do their job and remove or lock ideas that do not fit the format. At the moment they allow endless discussion even without the format.