• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Cleopatra

DeletedUser4727

Cleopatra is coming soon! Check out the full announcement, as well as an intro video here, and leave your feedback below!

Thanks,

Richard & Team

Vesiger

Monarch
Spontaneous response from my guild when hearing the news: "oh blinking 'eck, not another one" - and this from an Industrial Age player, not some jaded OF veteran...

RTSFirebat

Private
Quest 12:

Cleopatra: "Spend some Forge Points" and "Acquire a province"

Why offer no alternative??? In later eras acquiring a province is a HUGE HUGE task.

If you're trying to force people through the ages, you're going the WRONG way about it!

DeletedUser106818

I for one appreciate receiving a SoK benefits building that isn't actually a SoK, variety is the spice of life :)

DeletedUser

Why doesn't GB donations count towards the "Donate xxx goods to your guilds treasury" quest goal?
I have the Observatory in one world and the Arc in another, and one reason is to not have to donate from my own goods to the treasury.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Province taking should NEVER be required for these mini-events...
By all means, "force" players to take a couple provinces during the big 20-24 day long 'major' seasonal and/or special themed events.
But a historical questline that lasts 6 days? Hell NO!

Either remove the required province, OR, up the rewards by at least a couple more so that it's worth the cost of said province...
I mean, for this event, we basically get;
1x deco
2x SoK (basically)

On the other hand, during a major event where I typically spend 2-3 provinces, I'm pulling in;
- a full compliment of set buildings (5 for Spring, and 10 during the summer event!) OR a fully upgraded Lv4-7 building. (cider mill & PoH - ignored the Bridge 'cause it was just a nerfed PoH's! :P )
- multiple SoK's
- lots of bp's + fp's
- maybe a couple small decos
- WW and/or a special production building or two
- Champ's Retreat and/or Rogue Hideout
- Watchfires/Victory Towers
- various troops, many of them the 'special' units such as Rogues/Drummers, etc...

So basically, even if a big event takes say, 3 provinces in order to finish all the quests, I'm getting 3-4x the rewards per province!
Inno needs to equal the cost/reward of these Historicals, or go back to the damn drawing board.:mad:

Agent327

Overlord
Why doesn't GB donations count towards the "Donate xxx goods to your guilds treasury" quest goal?
I have the Observatory in one world and the Arc in another, and one reason is to not have to donate from my own goods to the treasury.

Cause you are not donating your own goods.