• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB's that produce goods, modern era and beyond.. Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser112429

Alright what are peoples thoughts on this?

Space is at a premium, and I've got all except 1 of the GBs which produce goods. Now i'm in the modern era, sure they are giving me more, but they are 3 eras down from me.

I can trade 5 modern era goods into 40 of those goods and it's only 4 hours work.
GB's take 24hrs ranging from 40 down to 20.

Maths favors binning the lot and trading for what you need, but I can't help thinking that I'm missing something? Surely the GBs don't become so useless so quickly? Most of them have a fair few FP pumped into them as well.

BTW the second benefit I couldn't care less about, it's the goods I built them for.

Vesiger

Monarch
The raw goods are intended to feed your modern era goods production buildings - if you're not manufacturing anything but obtain all your goods from GBs, then they aren't much use to you.

DeletedUser110339

I should have never left Progressive era.. i can not stand Modern Era.. i am stuck here!.. but i did not save enough of my older era goods .. i had no idea that Modern era was like this.. i should have looked it up... and i wish i could go back down one era.. i wish this game has a way where you can go back to at least one era down.. it is so not worth playing the game anymore.

DeletedUser111866

Use terrace farms to make yourself goods of current age (get new or use reno kits on any existing or storred ones), or use normal goods producing buildings to convert what GBs give you into goods of current age, or plain depend on RQs to get you goods. Doable, but seriously different from PE and below.

DeletedUser112429

Guys, the first thing I do is build goods buildings in the age I just advanced to.

I wanted to know was it worth even keeping the goods buildings? They take up space and produce 20-40 goods (3 eras down) in 24 hours.
5 modern era goods, traded down to the same as what the GB's produce, ends up being 40 goods on the nose, yet only takes 4 hours.

In other words, the GB's become 100% totally ****ing useless, a waste of space and FP. I thought maybe in the future they go back to producing the current age goods again, as I don't understand why they would go and make over half the GB's worthless all of a sudden

DeletedUser111866

I wanted to know was it worth even keeping the goods buildings? They take up space and produce 20-40 goods (3 eras down) in 24 hours.
Oh, that one. This depends, as you might probably want those GBs' other effects. Also since you try to rely on trading, it's rather unstable at least short-term, say you might miss sources for your current era goods production, deplete it and effectively stall yourself. Or, you might miss some intermediate trade level liquidity, thus your goods won't be traded 2 to 1 one age below, and you'll have to resort to 2 to 1 two ages below to circumvent, lessening your expected income. Having a GB or two that make goods can lessen the risk of such a stall, and eliminate your dependency on trading. I think you can drop some of those buildings, however choose carefully.

dimondus

Captain
I should have never left Progressive era.. i can not stand Modern Era.. i am stuck here!
That is what I thought when first time advanced into Progressive era - 2x roads, all buildings are huge, I'd need complete redesign of the city.
I think this game do excellent job giving such challenges.

DeletedUser111790

I should have never left Progressive era.. i can not stand Modern Era.. i am stuck here!.. but i did not save enough of my older era goods .. i had no idea that Modern era was like this.. i should have looked it up... and i wish i could go back down one era.. i wish this game has a way where you can go back to at least one era down.. it is so not worth playing the game anymore.
No worry. All people can survive from goods refining. You will survive too.
It takes a little bit time to adapt to the new features.
btw, If you are unhappy with the goods GB and you need more space, just delete them.

DeletedUser653

you will need Goods GB (s) as they produce the unrefined goods for the age you are in and thus using lots of to build. without GB you will have to build the unrefined goods and it starts to get silly as you progress. ie
from OF age you must use unrefiuned TE goods (as given by a OF GB), but if you have no GB income and have to build TE then you need ME goods to make Te and COL gods to make ME. So if you have badly planned you will have to be building 4 ages goods just to get OF stocks

DeletedUser100832

the best refined goods building is of course the Chateau Frontenac - surprised no one mentioned it

Temple of Relics gets in a fair few goods too, as long as you do GE. With those too, you don't need DT/Seed Vault or all that other stuff.