• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

DAILY QUEST

DeletedUser111963

In the daily challenge when you can win either production buildings, event buildings or population buildings i think it would be a good idea if they took out the forge points coins and supplies and just left it as the buildings you win that way people have a better chance of getting the buildings your actually going for. but just a bigger choice in what building you get. plus we all get forge points coins and supplies all the time in the game i was thinking they could change what you may win. WHO ELSE THINKS THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112027

Well. I'm not really sure what you are talking about. Care to try again? :)

Dead-Eye

General
No. I like getting forge points and medals. My GB's get leveled faster and my city gets bigger. They could mix the prizes up from time to time though. If they were to get rid of something then let it be the wishing well. Utterly useless IMHO.

DeletedUser111963

thats what im saying when the daily challenge is for buildings it should just be buildings but other days have forge points coins and supplies. and of coarse medals.

DeletedUser100832

I think the problem is that the DC rewards are often just not good enough

Spending potentially hundreds of goods unlocking sectors for 10fp isn't a great deal, and most will just not do the quests.

DeletedUser112027

I have no need for buildings. I will take fps, medals, or goods any time I need any of the games, quests, hunts, and expeditions.

DeletedUser111866

i think it would be a good idea if they took out the forge points coins and supplies and just left it as the buildings you win that way people have a better chance of getting the buildings your actually going for.
Coins or supplies - maybe, forge points - NO. Actually I am in DCs for both buildings (not even any buildings, but certain buildings) and FPs, everything else is mostly junk or filler.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I think the problem is that the DC rewards are often just not good enough

Spending potentially hundreds of goods unlocking sectors for 10fp isn't a great deal, and most will just not do the quests.
If you're wasting sectors/provinces on DC's, then I'm sorry to say, but "you're doing it wrong - L2P/GitGud" :P

If a challenge EVER demands taking sectors, just ignore it for that day & take the -1 hit...
DC's are NEVER worth wasting sectors on, since those should ideally be saved up for spending on the big seasonal events, and/or if a really, really good reward shows up in a Historical Event. (ie: the Checkmate Square that came up last year, and/or the current Royal Marble Gateway from the current historical quest;) )

I wouldn't waste sectors, even on a possible 100fp reward chest, since the 5 or 10% odds aren't in any way worth the risk.

DeletedUser111866

If you're wasting sectors/provinces on DC's, then I'm sorry to say, but "you're doing it wrong - L2P/GitGud" :P
While true, this answer is incomplete without a (current) workaround - DO NOT scout a province after you've conquered all scouted ones, this way you will not get sectors quests in DC.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
While true, this answer is incomplete without a (current) workaround - DO NOT scout a province after you've conquered all scouted ones, this way you will not get sectors quests in DC.
Apologies... just getting beyond sick & tired of re-typing the same thing seemingly 3x/week! ;)

Still, I can't get over that so many people will actually go and blow through 4-5 sectors for 5bp's, or a boost crate/boost item?
It just breaks my sanity that anyone would think that the most rare resource (provinces & sectors) is worth spending for garbage prizes!! (and my poor sanity is fragile enough as it is...)

DeletedUser111211

I have had to stop doing the dailies in my city, whenever it asks me to take a sector on the map. It has asked me to do that so many times, that I have almost completed the CE map, even though I am in ME. I can no longer fight that map, nor do I have the goods to move forward either. Any chance FOE could change some of the challenges? Between the events and daily challenges, I am way toooo far ahead on the map. I suggest removing the challenges that ask you to take sectors on the map. Thanks for listening. ;););)

DeletedUser103773

I want to have a moan about the lack of attention paid by the Devs to very new players. I have just started a new city in P world. All of my other worlds are quite well advanced up to and including 3 in Oceanic Future. I thought that it would not only be fun to start a new city but also that I could learn about GE from the beginning since it did not exist when I started the other worlds.
Having been in P world for just 6 days now, I can see why so many new players leave the game quite quickly. For a start, the daily challenges can be virtually impossible. Completing the Napoleonic Event was somewhat of a "work of art" which I only managed due to having existing friends in the game who had also started a "P world a week or so before me. Neither the event nor DC's cater for very new players. The story line quests repeatedly require Provinces and sectors to be won in order to advance which use up valuable battles. Despite yesterday being my 1st day in GE, I was required by the DC to complete GE level 1. Manged that, only to be faced with the requirement today to "win 10 battles - lol. I was really surprised to discover that it is not possible to attack hoodies for points and battle wins until Iron Age tech is virtually complete. I have gone as far as I possibly can with GE - 75% of level 2 and I have conquered all of the IA map due to the demands of the story line quests. Where on earth am I going to find the battles? I know, I will unlock the tech to enable PvP hood battles. Many FPs later this is successfully achieved. Guess what - I can't attack anyone because no one else in my hood has done that tech yet. Get real guys - set challenges that there is a remote possibility of completing. When setting Iron Age challenges, consider the availability of resources to enable them to be completed. Ditto event quests. If I had not had 5 years FoE experience I would have given up and left the game. The number of very quick fall offs suggests that I would not have been alone.

Note I would not have bothered you all with this matter except I have been advised by Customer Support (big joke - lol) that they can't comment on such issues and that all matters of this nature must be written up on the forum. Yes I know that I am completely wasting my and everyone else's time but at least I have done something. Inno Games - if you want to keep new players interested - set quests and challenges that they at least have a small hope of completing successfully - if not you stay with 20 to 30K registered players per "world" with only about 2.5K still active.

I hereby publicly invite a senior manager or Dev to reply to this but I am not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Or, you could just mostly ignore the DC's while you're muddling through the 1st half or so of IA, and then take them more seriously once you've;
a) researched the Military Tactics tech
AND
b) wait until the next 'hood change once you've unlocked the 'hood PvP battles, as that should hopefully give you at least some daily victims for attacking.

Really, if I were to start a new city, I think I'd be looking to;
- spend some time in BA running nothing but 2x blacksmith 24hr productions for coin/supply/fp boosts... also, use this time to 'guild hop' as much as possible in order to acquire as many bp's as I can.
Ideally, I'd hope to get Zeus done & begin sinking every possible fp into it until finally unlocking the tech to start donating.
Forget entirely about events!! Yes it sucks, but really, I'd rather pass-up in the short term for the longer term gain, of setting myself up better for future success!

- early IA, just focus on a couple GB's & leveling up Zeus...
Find a good guild that doesn't mind carrying an IA'er for a bit, while building up goods for more & more GE participation.

- mid/late IA, now focus more on the DC's, GE & events, though again, spend sectors/provinces ONLY on a big 'seasonal' event.
Before going into EMA, I'd make damn sure to have Zeus leveled to Lv10+! ;)
And also, with a good guild, it should be possible to get CF up and running so as to make more profits in questing. (obviously much less so in a brand new world though!)

- EMA, now just play more 'normally', while also having camping out and enjoying he agees more & focusing on DC's/events/GE/etc...

Vesiger

Monarch
When I was a new player, daily challenges didn't exist yet, but the first event I encountered was the riddle-based Halloween one. I wasn't in a guild (it wasn't even possible for me to be in one at that stage) , I had never heard of these forums, and I didn't have the faintest idea what was going on - I think I completed the first two or three quests by accident, and that was it!
I survived...

DeletedUser14881

This will never happen because of the big wallets.

Be it because of their real life, financially speaking, allow them to spend a lot of money in a game or because they don't need to worry about currency exchange that can make the game ridiculously expensive around the world, they buy tons of diamonds and buy-off hundreds of GBs BPs and they need an enormous amount of FPs to level them up.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This will never happen because of the big wallets.

Be it because of their real life, financially speaking, allow them to spend a lot of money in a game or because they don't need to worry about currency exchange that can make the game ridiculously expensive around the world, they buy tons of diamonds and buy-off hundreds of GBs BPs and they need an enormous amount of FPs to level them up.
Actually, you don't need to spend a penny on diamonds in FoE...
- build a couple 'diamond farm' worlds
- play GE through Lv3-4 every week
- abuse Chateaux for boosted diamonds from quests
- invite friends to at least begin a city

There's plenty of ways to earn 100's of diamonds/week with even just minimal effort.

And getting GB's to Lv80-100+ isn't hard anymore, because The Arc is a thing! :P