• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge of Empires or Forge your Flee market?

DeletedUser112429

What's up with everyone getting so edgy over me taxing their goods? So many messages of people crying because I plunder them... fair enough, you guys produced it, but it looks so much better in my own inventory? Besides, if you wanna peddle goods in the hood, you need to be packing heat. This isn't farmville or a tamagochi..

At least attack and plunder me back, whinging only makes me want to farm you even more.

DeletedUser112429

Haha I'm taking the piss, but at the same time I'd like to know others thoughts. I notice some guilds don't accept taxing from your neighbors and what not.

I just wonder if half of them have ever tried to see it from my point of view, where I spend vital seconds of my finite life span slaying their plebs, only to tax some un boosted goods? Now that's some whinge material right their.

Agent327

Overlord
What's up with everyone getting so edgy over me taxing their goods? So many messages of people crying because I plunder them... fair enough, you guys produced it, but it looks so much better in my own inventory? Besides, if you wanna peddle goods in the hood, you need to be packing heat. This isn't farmville or a tamagochi..

At least attack and plunder me back, whinging only makes me want to farm you even more.

Wow, you are really tough. Good thing you are letting everyone know how tough you are. You are in a neighbourhoud of about 75 in a game with millions of players. Now all hope they will never be placed in your neighbourhood.

DeletedUser109227

Shhhhhhhhhh. I LOVE those little messages I get. I always reply and have as much fun at making fun of them than at actually playing the game! The only place those goods will look better than in your inventory though, it is in MINE :)

DeletedUser112027

It's the old "taxation without representation" situation. People don't mind paying tax if they see what they are getting out of it. Ok. So maybe the "representation" aspect doesn't apply here, but the principle is the same. I'll pay your tax (let's say I'll pay your 10 stone for 8 lumber) if I'm in a hurry and/or want it RIGHT NOW DAMN IT, or none of my Guildies has any atm.

As in life, so in FoE, it's always buyer (trader in this case) beware. Know what you're doing traders. Billy up there (the OP) can post any trades he wants. It's up to you to figure out what you want to trade. Duh.

As far as your plundering goes, meh. It comes back around. You'll hit a hood (or have already perhaps) where there are 5 or 6 campers, folks with far reaching GBs and Units who rip through your 150/179 defence and snag your swag. I'm a plunder as well. It's part of the game and why I love it. And I get hit. And I get ganged up on if there are 4 or 5 in the hood from the same Guild. Sobeit. Fair is fair.

I just choose not to talk smack about it. But to each his/her own mate.

E.

DeletedUser112429

Oh, I've copped it sweet before, don't you worry about that. Away working up the coast, so missed a few days and they pounced hard. But if they didn't hit back and that competition wasn't there, I don't think I would find it half as fun.

But I tell you what's sweetest, recognizing someone really fun, in their messages if not in the game, taking that Maharjas and noting the time at which you took it, 5 days in a row I got him, very very spiteful and possibly quite pety of me, but his messages were so much funner after that!

DeletedUser112027

But I tell you what's sweetest, recognizing someone really fun, in their messages if not in the game, taking that Maharjas and noting the time at which you took it, 5 days in a row I got him, very very spiteful and possibly quite pety of me, but his messages were so much funner after that!

Oh. Yeah. I've not had a hit 5 days in a row like you did, but near the end of two weeks together in the hood, top dog, big camper with 2 million points while in EMA with crazy defence, no houses, no supply buildings, no goods houses, all GB, except... the two new specials from the Football Game, 2 days running, minutes before he checked them, snagged his 2 FP each time. I know. Big wuppty-wee. It was the note I received after the 2nd day that was precious.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Whenever I get hate mail from the locals after collecting their back-taxes (with interest!), it just encourages me to keep on hitting them...
Especially when they still refuse to put anything other than 2 lonely Spearchumpies up for their defense!

My coffers overflow, and my enthusiastic citizens clamour for yet more captives to be thrown onto the sands of the great arena!
(yes, yes, I know Collo is a bad GB overall, but I gotta have some place to send all them captured grunts to face spectacular execution, right?!)

Mostly I always target, in order;
- HoF's
- Palace/Cherry Garden sets
- 'Special' event production buildings (ie: bazaar, terrace farm, etc...)
- supplies
- coins
I really don't need goods at all because I already have too many! But free fp's & some extra guild power? Thank-you very kindly!:D

LadyHecate

Major-General
I've had some great messages. It's almost worth doing just for that.
Indeed! I share most of the PMs I get from players whining about me plundering them with my guild; it's worth it for the comedy value!!
I see my plundering as a game-education tool and me as the instructor; teaching the less well-informed players that they need to do something different to avoid being plundered daily.

Oh. Yeah. I've not had a hit 5 days in a row like you did, but near the end of two weeks together in the hood, top dog, big camper with 2 million points while in EMA with crazy defence, no houses, no supply buildings, no goods houses, all GB, except... the two new specials from the Football Game, 2 days running, minutes before he checked them, snagged his 2 FP each time. I know. Big wuppty-wee. It was the note I received after the 2nd day that was precious.

LOL
I get 'em too - It's a good laugh and I do love a good laugh!

Vesiger

Monarch
You must all have hides like rhinoceroses - I stopped plundering after the first message I got reminding me that there was a real person on the other end of the game. I couldn't stand a constant stream of hurt complaints, let alone laugh about it...

Dead-Eye

General
You must all have hides like rhinoceroses - I stopped plundering after the first message I got reminding me that there was a real person on the other end of the game. I couldn't stand a constant stream of hurt complaints, let alone laugh about it...

Snowflake.

:D

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Well, I did spend roughly a decade as a local minor ice hockey referee, so I'd argue it's less of a 'thick skin' vs. I simply no longer have a soul anymore...

The whining of other players here is actually quite funny vs. the things I've been called. ;)

DeletedUser112027

Huh. I consider it a reverse form of bullying point of fact. I'm serious. Here is what I usually say, or something to this effect:

"Hello neighbour. I'm sorry you are upset. If you feel that I, in any way, shape or form have broken the rules, or have cheated, or have gone against the spirit of the game as envisioned by it's creators, please feel free to contact the game managers/owners via the support link. If you are having trouble finding the support link, message me and I will direct you.

In the MEANTIME, and while you await a reply, I encourage you, if you dislike being plundered, to try these things:

- polish or motivate others around you (including me) because there are other real people around you too, you aren't playing in a vacuum in your mom's basement... even if you ARE playing FoE in your mom's basement, and often, not always, but often I won't plunder those who polivate.

- send out a friend request to me, even if it is only for the time we have together in this neighbourhood, I will sit at your tavern every 24 hours and I won't be able to plunder you. I almost always accept friend requests.

- even though FoE is clearly set up as an attackers game (meaning that the advantage rests with the attacker) I encourage you to work on your defence. Build GB's that help defend your city, drop specials that help defend (like the ritual flame) and troops that will do better at repelling attackers.

- most importantly, set all of your buildings to be ready for "harvest" by you at a time only you know, say after you get up and pee every morning or over an awesome cup of tea. I prefer Ginger and/or Green Tea. But the beverage is up to you. By harvesting everything I can at 7:30am my time I never get plundered. Well, the odd house get's hit since they are still on an 8 hour cycle. But you get the idea.

So you see neighbour? I too am a real person. This is not personal. You seem to be taking it so. I hope you can get your head around the attacking/plundering aspect of FoE or you're in for a rough time. This isn't Candy Land. It's about Empires. Who have armies. And aggressive players like me will take your goodies any time you leave them on the park bench. Unless I am breaking the rules.

Take care. Be well. And get back to me as soon as possible regarding my game style if I'm in the wrong."

I have this message, with a couple of variations, in my note pad. I've never turned in those who curse me. Even though some of the notes have been quite nasty and are in fact breaking the rule of law about FoE behaviour. Sobeit.

E.

Last edited by a moderator:

dimondus

Captain
In the MEANTIME, and while you await a reply, I encourage you, if you dislike being plundered, to try these things:

- polish or motivate others around you

- send out a friend request

- work on your defence

- most importantly, set all of your buildings to be ready for "harvest" by you at a time only you know, say after you get up and pee every morning or over an awesome cup of tea.
Friends request worked for me 100% of the times :)
Players with 2 Spearmen deserved to be plundered.
I only attack neighbors if quest demands it but I recently realized when I get "calm" neighborhood there is no excitement to wake up in the morning and check event history for new attacks and how the fight went. When attacker lose 2-3 rogues I consider it a win and when he/she loses 1 unattached troop from the next era I have strong feeling to write back something :P