• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Make high era GBs require two-lane roads

DeletedUser111848

-1 i about to get a HMA gb in iron age and its took a long time to get

Further, on his 'point' about lacking the infrastructure to maintain these buildings, where's the food storage in ANY city, most ages don't have farms or any manner of food production as their supply buildings, so what are the people eating? How are they getting their water in the later ages when there are no pumping stations. Populations into the hundreds of thousands and no piped water? Yeah bloody right. At no point do cities in this game function in a logical manner.
This game is totally real! I read just recently how every estate house in the Middle Ages housed 205 people. :)

DeletedUser107476

I am speaking purely from a player prospective here and in no way am speaking as a representative of InnoGames.

I have no Great Buildings in my main above my own era and have not bought any goods with Forge Points. I believe that the sale of goods for forge points should be removed from the game and that GB's should only be available if you are in the era they come from. However this idea gets a -1 from me as it would mess up my city the same is it would most high players as we have to completely alter cities to put in 2 lane roads, we were not using before.

No I do not believe the boat has sailed on the idea of only having GB's from your own age or lower either. As they could be placed back in the inventory with the system saving them at the level they are when stored. Then once you reach the correct era you can place them back in city.

DeletedUser110179

Looking back through old threads, I'm amused to note that the immediate response to the neighbourhood merge changes was
"this will punish all successful players and reward weak and lazy players" - sounds familiar at all? :P
That's pretty much what Blackadder said about Robin Hood: "Stealing from the (hard working) rich to give to the (lazy) poor" .

DeletedUser110195

With nothing big to shoot for anymore, just mindless grinding until you're at oceanic future then wait until pure boredom sets in and you quit, this game will die.

joesoap

Major-General
With nothing big to shoot for anymore, just mindless grinding until you're at oceanic future then wait until pure boredom sets in and you quit, this game will die.
it hasnt died yet & a lot of players are doing exactly what you think will kill the game

DeletedUser110195

it hasnt died yet & a lot of players are doing exactly what you think will kill the game
It may remain in some form, but as a game? No. A glorified chat room is what it will be. People hang around for the friends they've made, they start new worlds and build them up high in ways they probably didn't their first run through. Just because masochists exist does not make mindless grinding fun, and fun is what a game is for.

DeletedUser107476

This game is based upon a grinding system.

You have to grind out forge points to advance in research or to level Great Buildings.
You have to grind out goods to place Great Buildings/advance in research or negotiate.
You have to grind out coins and supplies to advance in research or place new buildings.
The list could go on, it has and always will be about that.

As to nothing new to shoot for, there may be another era to come, not all Oceanic Future has been released yet. We have no way of knowing what direction the developers will go next.

DeletedUser110195

I suppose next you'll want to prevent people from doing story quests until they're in the age those quests are associated with.

No more advancing on the map past your current age! You want to push into a new age on the map you have to advance to that part of the tech tree!

Of course there will always be someone with no imagination, no drive to push further than their abilities dictate they should be able to, and always someone who wants to force everyone else down to their level.

Vesiger

Monarch
I suppose next you'll want to prevent people from doing story quests until they're in the age those quests are associated with.
They already do, don't they? Once you finish all the story quests for your current age, you just cycle through repeating quests.

more advancing on the map past your current age! You want to push into a new age on the map you have to advance to that part of the tech tree!
You don't get to skip ahead on the map by befriending players who have already reached the next continent; you have to do the provinces in an appropriate order, and you can't bribe anyone more powerful to do it for you...

Of course there will always be someone with no imagination, no drive to push further than their abilities dictate they should be able to, and always someone who wants to force everyone else down to their level.
Doing a speedrun to parts of the game that weren't intended (or balanced) to be accessible from where you are doesn't take imagination - it only takes acquaintance with the exploits discovered by earlier players :hide:

DeletedUser111589

@Vesiger its possible to reach quests of higher age. From HMA, up to 14th LMA story quest is possible to complete.

That part referred to battling/negotiating further sectors on map. In iron age I completed half HMA map on one of worlds.

It was possible. Let person reach whatever age dynamic tower is from, build it, get few oceanic friends and its easy to trade down oceanic goods. With 200 oceanic goods its possible to build inno or lotus temple by trading down (do the math if you don't believe me). And even before dynamic it is possible to build higher age GB, although costly.

DeletedUser110195

They already do, don't they? Once you finish all the story quests for your current age, you just cycle through repeating quests.
No, they don't. You can push the story quests ahead as far as they will allow you. Sometimes there are roadblocks that force you into an age in order to progress further, but a lot of the time, you can push ahead of your age in the story, then you get that age's side quests, and once you finish or abort through the side quests you get recurring quests, until you push the story quest into the next age past that one and the cycle repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

It was possible. Let person reach whatever age dynamic tower is from, build it, get few oceanic friends and its easy to trade down oceanic goods. With 200 oceanic goods its possible to build inno or lotus temple by trading down (do the math if you don't believe me). And even before dynamic it is possible to build higher age GB, although costly.
That is perhaps the best argument made in this thread....it has ALWAYS been possible to build any GB, you don't need to buy goods with FPs, that just speeds up the process a lot. You could simply trade up until you have everything you need, a constant goods train moving upwards to Tomorrow Era(That's the age Dynamic Tower is in), build DT, and skip trading for the goods.

In the end all this silly idea would do is move the major stopping point to PE.

DeletedUser111866

Thinking for me, huh? Next time prevent getting to higher CMaps, next higher age friends - you want Arc, get to the future first. In your mindset, right? Not to mention that initial proposal of 50% reduction is y no means a "prevent" one. So, you are classifies as a fat troll, period.
Frankly, it is still possible to do without ANY GBs, you can trade a lot, two-up or one-up at a time, wait if someone would accept an unfair trade out of need or charity, or a fair trade out of either reason, continue to do that until you accumulate enough highrr age goods to build that GB you desire. I am now gathering goods for CDM this way while staying in Iron. Costly, yes, by a mile, but doable. But man, with fair trades 1 good from LMA is mere 8 goods from Iron, and 1 good from TF is 2048 Iron Age goods (or 4096, if I missed an age). So, how much time to get goods for an Arc from Iron the normal way?
it has ALWAYS been possible to build any GB, you don't need to buy goods with FPs, that just speeds up the process a lot.
Same question to you. Gathering 2000 TF goods - what time investment fom Iron Age? Right now I get about 200 IA goods per day, this is enouh for 1/10 or 1/20 of a single TF good. So, is it actually possible to build an Arc from Iron without FP trades? And there are arcs in Iron. So while the argument is good, spending 400 years in Iron age for just building an Arc is not "possible". You will plain die waiting.