• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Idea to stop "Ghost Guilds" - Simple, Much Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Spank

Private
Ghosting is worse than ever with some players and guilds that have teamed up and are loading each others guilds depending on map position. In stead of dissolving the guilds they let them develop so when they hop in and out they are stronger and still have healing speed. They look like real guilds but they have a purpose of not holding sectors and manipulating the game so that there particular guilds control the map totally. They might spend one week in one guild, do what they need then all jump across and support another for a week, others might jump out into a true ghost just for added destruction. My personal opinion is to lengthen the time to return or join another guild substantially. New guilds should not be able to release sectors for a time period maybe. Im not innocent but very frustrated that its almost impossible to hold a sector when these particular guild have it in for you or a guild in particular

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

+1 but I have to question why this has been forwarded yet there are ideas with a lot more +1's going nowhere
This was forwarded a long time ago. Tankovy had dealt with this section before, but now since he has left, we are finding some new forum mods to handle this section. I will try to keep things updated here until that happens, but I am also busy at this time.

DeletedUser104843

+1 to it but it wont stop anything, just slow it down a tiny bit

Ghosting has changed a heck of a lot since this thread was started. Guilds are now simply setting up one single guild for the purpose of hitting the enemy with minimum cost then retreating. After a week all but 1 member returns to the main guild and when needed return to the ghost to strike again. Guild hopping between your allies to insure you all control the map as you want it is the other most common method. To stop all this ridiculous behaviour would take a lot of drastic measures from Inno and a ton of new rules. I look forward to Inno finally making a step in the right direction but wont hold my breath waiting.

DeletedUser110195

what are ghost guilds
They mean guilds in which only a small percentage of which actively do the fighting in Guild vs Guild. What I don't get is why you would require non-fighters or not-as-accomplished fighters to spearhead your takeover of sectors, rather than the ones who are the best at it.

I may be mistaken on that though, I always thought 'ghosting' was the very tactical approach to conquest where you form a perimeter around your territory and have the most heavily defended regions the ones on the front lines. Ghosting, is a practice in GvG where you leave sectors that can't be directly attacked virtually defenseless...which makes perfect sense tactically speaking. Why prepare a sector to fend off major attacks when it isn't threatened by anyone?

Vesiger

Monarch
what are ghost guilds
Apparently it's much cheaper for a small guild to siege a sector in GvG than it is for a large guild - so the large guilds simply detach a handful of top players to make a temporary 'ghost' guild that attacks their enemies for them but doesn't bother trying to retain the territory once it has got it. They just damage the opposition cheaply in order to help the parent guild and then fade away.
Or at least that's what I've read...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser108047

That exactly what it is. The recent changes to guild hopping and GvG/GE have reduced the problem but it still is a concern and arguably leads to an unfair/imbalance in GvG. It also renders a number of strategies impotent at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.