• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Self-Motivating Hall of Fame Failure

DeletedUser111351

The Motivation Kit does not seem to work on the Hall of Fame if the Hall of Fame is ready to be collected. I have seen it occur more than once. A Hall of Fame has had 24 hours pass and was never motivated by anyone. Wanting the double crowns I then go into my inventory and click on a Motivation Kit. My Hall of Fame does not get a star indicating it is an available building for motivating. I click on the Hall of Fame anyway and nothing happens.

I can, however, ask a guild member, friend, etc who has not Aided me within the last 24 hours to motivate my Hall of Fame. This does work, so the game agrees that the Hall of Fame is motivatable at this time, just not by me with a Kit.

I have tried to use a Motivation Kit on a Hall of Fame during the 24 hours while it is charging and is not yet ready for collection. At this time the Motivation Kit does work on the Hall of Fame. It is only when the Hall of Fame is ready for collection that it fails (although this is the only time I would want to use a Motivation Kit on it).

DeletedUser107476

This is intentional as they only work whilst the building is producing. Once ready to collect they have finished producing.

DeletedUser110195

Yes, think about real life manufacturing. "Alright, we got yesterday's quota done, I am totally ready to make more now!" "Then get started on tomorrow's quota" Being motivated after the fact doesn't suddenly crank out more than you were meaning to make. ;)

DeletedUser111351

I understand that, but the fact that a different person can motivate the building negates such an argument.

1. If a motivation kit can not do the exact same things as a player's motivation then it is improperly described (thus a bug).
2. If a building can not be motivated once completion is done, well, this was proven not to be the case (thus a bug).
3. If a building can be motivated once completion is done, well, the motivation kit fails to be able to do this (thus a bug).

I fail to see how 1 of the above 3 does not apply to this situation.

Vesiger

Monarch
Agreed - if it is possible for another player to motivate a building awaiting collection, it ought to be possible for the owner to do it too.