• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [45145] Offset 2 lane roads do not show red when unable to be placed

DeletedUser111855

When trying to move a road the app allows a segment to be selected an moved but the apply button doesn't work even though it is green so it is impossible to complete the action.
This applies to 2x2 roads, moving all 1x1 tracks works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Hi mibo63, please could I ask you to check whether the position in which you are trying to place the 2x2 tile would mean it was 'offset' from another? You can find an explanation with screenshots here

If after following the guide linked above you are still having problems, please check my comment below.

Edit: As can be seen in the guide linked above, the tile should turn red if it is offset from the tile it is adjacent to. This is currently not the case with the app - the tile remains green even if it is unable to be placed. We will report this for fixing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111855

It is as you describe, the road was offset by 1 and showed as moveable in the app but could not be moved. Actually I was trying to move an entire road across 1 square 1 tile at a time but it seems that the only way to do this would be 1 delete the first road tile then move the remaining road tiles sequentially so that there is always a gap before adding a new tile. This does seem to be a bit of a restriction as it costs to delete and add the tile but at least that is a workaround.

Amy Steele

General
Thanks mibo63 8-) the system is working as intended, with the exception that on app the tile does not show red when you are unable to place it. We will change the title of this bug report to reflect the actual bug and make sure it's forwarded for fixing :)

DeletedUser115577

Thanks mibo63 8-) the system is working as intended, with the exception that on app the tile does not show red when you are unable to place it. We will change the title of this bug report to reflect the actual bug and make sure it's forwarded for fixing :)

DeletedUser115577

Seems this issue is still outstanding. I have a T intersection of 2 2-lane roads, and can only connect the T when both roads intersect on the full side of the intersection square, i.e. you cannot complete the connection with 1/2 a 2x2 square in the intersection, be it on either side of the intersection. This complicates city design when different road sizes are involved, or is that intentional?.