• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City) Diamond Finishing Price

• Thread starter DeletedUser14914
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110302

+1
I think you will find more people using diamonds to finish off a portion of the build then the full amount.

This is even more so for troops. I want to finish GE in a hurry or reinforce GvG and I need troops finished ASAP

Right now costs too much but if I could finish the last hour then it would be worth it and probably see my diamonds fall faster

DeletedUser653

Really a little confused, my questions:
1) whats included in this reduced diamond cost proposal, the OP has only asked for buildings which are in build to have a reduced diamond cost depending on the time elapsed/left.
2) the reduction in diamond costs seems to exclude most buildings as it only covers 10 hour to 14 hours builds which had a 250 diamond cost so the logic being used does not seem to be scaleable for all buildings
3) players are now give +1 scores to having troops included but since the OP has never mention troops could we please confirm if troops are included and if so what the logic for reducing the diamond cost is please and remember you might want your Battle Fortress revived with an hour still to go but another player might want their Stone Thrower revived with 30 mins to go so there is some thought to be put into this proposal still.

So can we tidy this proposal up please to confirm what is included and what the logic is so it works for all buildings (and all troops? and all scouts?) today its half a idea and needs some more thought and correctly formatted too. Test Ament has started to pick these problems up and opened up another issue which is is the reduction of time in relation to the reduction of diamond costs.

Personally I think it should be very simple and if I have for a new building a 5 hours build and it costs 250 diamonds then the diamond cost reduces by the same amount as the % time is reduce, The calculation must be done in minutes to cover 99% of buildings ie 2 hours left is 120/300 x 250 = 100 diamonds.

Formula:
Build time = 5 hours = 300 mins
Time left = 2 hours = 120 mins
Diamond cost = 250 diamonds
Formula is (120/300) * 250 = 100 diamond cost for the last 2 hours of the build

its simple, its scalable, its easy to program without massive tables being used and updated and can be used for any building or troop or scout with a time of 2 mins or more, below 2 mins we just have a fixed rate.

Personally I think there are far more important things for INNO to get fixed but if well thought out and with logic which covers all players ages I can see this being voted in as a desired change.

thanks - Mark

DeletedUser110312

+1
It's these sort of updates that make people spend & use diamonds
Which keep the developers in business!

DeletedUser108842

+1 of course. If it is a matter of more accurate interface I vote up :D

Cheers.

DeletedUser14914

As you all know , as you move forward through the Ages / Era`s , Build time gets progressively Longer , My Idea as previously FORMATTED , was to try to get the Diamond completion cost reduced in relation to any remaining build time , so here it is again , only better formatted than before

Usual Cost of completing a building " Instantly " = 250 Diamonds : Regardless of overall Build Time

90% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 25 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 225
80% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 50 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 200
70% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 75 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 175
60% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 100 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 150
50% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 125 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 125
40% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 150 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 100
30% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 175 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 75
20% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 200 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 50
10% of Build time remaining = Reduction in cost of 225 Diamonds : Remaining Cost = 25

And again I say : its not ,,, I repeat NOT so that I can wait 7 or 8 hours specificly to reduce Diamond / Instant Finish Costs , its more for the purpose of knowing that IF you get part way through a Build , Then realize that in an ideal world , you need / want to finish it quicker ( as laid out in one of my original posts ) the cost of deciding on a quicker finish will be reduced

+1 but we're talking about inno's income here, so it is obviously up to their analysis whether they might get more or less money through such a scheme. It could always be tried out during some 'event' to gather the data.

Also, I think the same should apply to scouting the Map. It seems to cost the same whether the scout is just setting off for 14 hours or only has 14 minutes to go.

DeletedUser110179

It's not clear that multiple entry points to buying building completion will actually increase total diamond income.
Many people need to commit up front or lose interest over time.

It's a bit like the effect of increasing taxes on the economy.
Some people will buckle under the burden while others will work harder to maintain their standard of living.

Segmentation is key.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
It's not clear that multiple entry points to buying building completion will actually increase total diamond income.
Many people need to commit up front or lose interest over time.

It's a bit like the effect of increasing taxes on the economy.
Some people will buckle under the burden while others will work harder to maintain their standard of living.

Segmentation is key.

It will only help. Think like this. 250 diamonds for a buildings that you will be sell when you are advancing is not so little. But if you need those buildings asap and you will be buy when the price will be dropping after some build time to 100 or less diamond and you can them buy it, why not? I want many times to buy later but because the price was the same i not. Its not fair, that if you buy on an half building time, the price is the same.
Maybe is some more income from that, but more many small buys can be more...like in taxes yes, many will can pay less, but if you have big taxes then welcome for the grey economy... :)

DeletedUser110179

Its not fair, that if you buy on an half building time, the price is the same.
The present system encourages players to age-up since diamond-building costs actually diminish by virtue of the increasing build-time
(but constant price structure).

A fragmented system may lose it's focus.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Hard to say to you and me, but FOE team has a statistic of building buy per day, so they can little bit more know if this is best or not :)

I can tell you for me, that i will not buy a building that cost 250 diamond, but with 50 diamond i will if i needed. The same is with the Scout in continental map. When drop to half time and half price the people are so easy to buy it.

Example is the GE encounters, when the +1 trade try cost only 10 diamond the people are spending like hell. Ok i not have statistic, but i spend to much for that, when not leveled my GB-s. 10 diamond is nothing..but 50x or 500x 10 diamond...its addictive :)

DeletedUser108379

Mostly FOE has a good balance between advantage for money and being able to play for free. I do not think it is a good idea to jeopardize this balance.
I do not know for sure, but I fear, that this path may be dangerous in this aspect.

DeletedUser6065

All this money you guys got to throw at diamond purchases tells me you aren't paying enough in taxes.
. . . mk

Status
Not open for further replies.