• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2017

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

This thread is for questions and queries surrounding the Spring Event. The info is quite wordy, cos there is a lot going on, so if you need clarity on things, please post below. You can find the full announcement here.

Hope you enjoy it!

Richard and team

joesoap

Major-General
i have questions about the new boost crates, each crate can be transformed into a small/medium/large boost, when we use the boost how long does it last or is it a permanent boost?
Also whats the reason behind not being able to use multiple attack boosts?

DeletedUser110433

Ok, i get the SET part, but such layout is only possible if Gong has no need to be connected by road. So does Gong need road?
Another question: I understand that the Trees will spawn in the wilderness only from quests and chests? I sincerely hope thease trees will NOT spawn like in Apple event, as in - from friend aids.

DeletedUser98451

There has been a great deal of negative feedback regarding the event on the beta forum, mainly focused on the low chance of getting the full garden set, so have any material changes to the event been implemented that will in any way affect the chance of getting it without having to use diamonds?
The beta site players receive free diamonds for the purposes of testing but despite using them it seems from their posts that many have so far been unsuccessful, if they cant get the set with free diamonds do we live server players have even a slim chance??

DeletedUser11899

As I expected the announcement here is basically the same as the beta server so let me add my experience and missing information that we found out on our own (after 11 days of playing this event on beta).

1. Spring Lantern counter. This shows how many Lanterns you currently have. The main way to get Lanterns are the Spring quests. You can also get a few Lanterns from cherry trees (1 or 3 or rarely 10) that will show up in the wilderness around your city when you open a chest or complete a quest. Alternatively, you can also use Diamonds. Finish the main questline (25 quests) as fast as you can!, this way, once you've completed the main questline, you'll get additional quests (one a day till the end of the event) which give you some valuable lanterns. Save and use your lanterns wisely!

2. Chests. There are three of them: bronze, silver and gold. Each of them contains different rewards and you have to pay with Lanterns to get one of them! Hover over the chest of your choice to see what prizes are available for you to win. To see what a more detailed description of each prize, click the '?' icon. Among the rewards, you will find not only buildings from the previous events, but also a few new items! More about them below :). Dont get confused, the One-Storey Pagoda premium building in the gold chest IS NOT A PIECE OF THE CHERRY GARDEN. Dont waste your first lanterns just to get this building!

3. Daily Special. This is a particularly valuable reward. It's available in every chest and changes every day. The chances of getting the Daily Special differ from chest to chest: bronze (7%), silver (13%) and gold (25%). The Nishikigoi Pond and Emperor's Entrance WILL BOTH APPEAR HERE DAYS LATER. In the meantime build up as many lanterns as you can to be able to get both without spending diamonds!

4. The Grand Prize. Every time you open a chest you will also get cherry blossoms which fill up the Grand Prize progress bar. Once this is completely filled up you will get the Grand Prize. You can get the Grand Prize multiple times (it will change to a new one), as the bar will reset when you reach the goal. The Sakura Rock is the first Grand Prize but dont be in a hurry to get it!. You'll get the Sakura Rock automatically after opening some chests everytime you need to do it. Dont do it the first day of event!

Order of appearance of Cherry Garden Pieces on the Daily Special:

1st. Nishikigoi Pond
2nd. Emperor's Entrance
3rd. Sakura Rock (get this second Sakura Rock if you want to have a +10% attack boost instead of +5%!)
4th. Zen Zone
5th. Nishikigoi Pond (again)
6th. Gong of Wisdom (yeah!)
7th. ???

And last but not least this is from beta so 'things may change'! LoL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110433

Sakura Rock (get this second Sakura Rock if you want to have a +10% attack boost instead of +5%!)
I thought that you need different buildings to get the boos, as in, placing two buildings type A will not give you boos, you need ABCDE.

Personaly i will not go for the set at all, too low of a chance. If possible i`ll try to get some premium buildings or SoKs.

DeletedUser11899

I thought that you need different buildings to get the boos, as in, placing two buildings type A will not give you boos, you need ABCDE.

Personaly i will not go for the set at all, too low of a chance. If possible i`ll try to get some premium buildings or SoKs.

Indeed. For that reason I got the second Sakura and as you say the 2 Sakura (placed wisely) get the bonus bcos they are touching 3 different buildings: the Emperor's Entrance, the Gong of Wisdom and the Zen Zone.
Look at the figure of the garden and imagine that instead of the Nishikigoi Pond you place another Sakura

The figure of the Cherry Garden on the announcement shows the 5 different pieces placed correctly but the announcement doesnt mention (or do not make it clear) that you will be able to get more (repeated) pieces and with those extra pieces you can make other combinations or expanding your Cherry Garden giving you different bonus (more FP or less, more attack or less and so on)

Even though you will need some luck I recommend you to build this puzzle. If you manage to get the full Cherry Garden set you'll get (OF stats):

(5 pieces) 1 Sakura Rock (5x5):
5 FP (daily)
5 goods of your current era (daily)
+5% attack boost (permanent)
+5% city defense boost (permanent)
95K supplies (daily
20K coins (daily)
132 medals (daily)
5,600 happiness (permanent)

(5 pieces) 2 Sakura Rock (5x5):
3 FP (daily)
+10% attack boost (permanent)
95K supplies (daily
20K coins (daily)
66 medals (daily)
2,800 happiness (permanent)

(6 pieces) 2 Sakura Rock + 1 Nishikigoi Pond (5x5 + 6):
3 FP (daily)
+10% attack boost (permanent)
+2% city defense boost (permanent)
95K supplies (daily
20K coins (daily)
66 medals (daily)
5,600 happiness (permanent)

..not bad for a 5x5 at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

PomPoms

Sergeant
So could someone clarify the road situation for this cluster? I imagine that as long as a road touches one of the set we are good to go?

DeletedUser108379

2 of the 5 pieces need a road connection
it depends on the piece.

DeletedUser14881

Your creativity is astonishing! The big picture of all pieces together is amazing!

I personally would love to delete all my buildings and create a huge section-themed tourism instead... however this is practically impossible at later ages with very expensive technologies, FPs and goods, and sectors being harder and harder to acquire by fighting, even requiring some negotiation, leading back to the goods problem.

This question has probably been raised within your development crew but in any case it would be awesome to incentive cities to not be focused in production and battling, production and battling... I'm not sure how you could make this viable without having people exploiting small buildings paying tons of goods (which would be one of the big changes) but you're smarter than me.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
4. The Grand Prize. Every time you open a chest you will also get cherry blossoms which fill up the Grand Prize progress bar. Once this is completely filled up you will get the Grand Prize. You can get the Grand Prize multiple times (it will change to a new one), as the bar will reset when you reach the goal.

I guess i'll know more once the event starts, but does this mean we'll have no say in when we get to collect the grand prize? Will it be automatically claimed once the bar is filled? If that is the case I see it as a huge negativity.

DeletedUser108379

4. The Grand Prize. ...

I guess i'll know more once the event starts, but does this mean we'll have no say in when we get to collect the grand prize? Will it be automatically claimed once the bar is filled? If that is the case I see it as a huge negativity.

Yes, it if you have collected enough flowers you will get automatically the grand prize. But why do you think that is not good?

DeletedUser4727

Ok, i get the SET part, but such layout is only possible if Gong has no need to be connected by road. So does Gong need road?
Another question: I understand that the Trees will spawn in the wilderness only from quests and chests? I sincerely hope thease trees will NOT spawn like in Apple event, as in - from friend aids.
The Gong is a decoration and requires no road connection, as is the Nishikigoi Pond. The Emperor's Entrance, Sakura Rock and Zen Zone all require a road connection.
4. The Grand Prize. Every time you open a chest you will also get cherry blossoms which fill up the Grand Prize progress bar. Once this is completely filled up you will get the Grand Prize. You can get the Grand Prize multiple times (it will change to a new one), as the bar will reset when you reach the goal.

Yeah, as explained its automatically added to your inventory. What is the issue you have with that?

DeletedUser110632

Love the concept of the set and also the theme. I also think the buildings are great, even if you don't have a full set. I can't speak for players at the top end of the game, but for starters these buildings are a big boost.
It also leaves the developpers an open door to add in the future building(s) that add or link to these sets. Or even a research that boosts set buildings by 1, making incomplete sets better.

A few questions still remain :
1) Do all the buildings require renovation kits or one-up to evolve with your age?
2) The Cherry blossom trees that spawn from solving quests and opening boxes, are they 'one use' items or do they generate on a daily base?

DeletedUser

Anyone have a link for all the quests so we can get ready or is their like a unlimted amount of quest ?

DeletedUser11899

So could someone clarify the road situation for this cluster? I imagine that as long as a road touches one of the set we are good to go?

not exactly. The Emperor's Entrance and Zen Zone need road connection, not just one of them.

Love the concept of the set and also the theme. I also think the buildings are great, even if you don't have a full set. I can't speak for players at the top end of the game, but for starters these buildings are a big boost.
It also leaves the developpers an open door to add in the future building(s) that add or link to these sets. Or even a research that boosts set buildings by 1, making incomplete sets better.

A few questions still remain :
1) Do all the buildings require renovation kits or one-up to evolve with your age?
2) The Cherry blossom trees that spawn from solving quests and opening boxes, are they 'one use' items or do they generate on a daily base?

1) I guess so but the powerful bonus (daily FP and attack/defense boosts) dont need a kit for upgrading regardless of the era the player is in.
If a bronze age player gets the complete set placed as the figure, he will get 5FP and +5% attack and city defense boost forever

2) The trees are 'one use' items, just like the trees or eggs in the wilderness on other events

DeletedUser110632

One more thing I 'd like to know :
The Grand Prize, is it a set list of buildings, you could get in sequence, when you have the required amount of Tulips. Or does the one building presented change during the event. The first option would mean you have no choice but to take the offered building as Grand Prize first before any other building would become Grand Prize. The second means you can wait for the offered building to change, so you have an other option to choose from even if you can only manage to get 1 Grand Prize during the event.

DeletedUser108379

One more thing I 'd like to know :
The Grand Prize, is it a set list of buildings, you could get in sequence, when you have the required amount of Tulips. Or does the one building presented change during the event. The first option would mean you have no choice but to take the offered building as Grand Prize first before any other building would become Grand Prize. The second means you can wait for the offered building to change, so you have an other option to choose from even if you can only manage to get 1 Grand Prize during the event.

The grand prizes are fixed. You have to take the first offered of them and than after that the next offered grand prize, which will be different to the first one.