• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event quest givers differentiation

DeletedUser9168

this morning i noticed to my surprise (on Browser) on two of my worlds (EN9 Jaims and US12 MK) that the two quest givers for the current event have been made to look different - so you can open the correct one to show the current quest, rather than the one which just shows how many quests are remaining. The strange thing is that on EN7 Greifental, the two quest givers remain looking identical. you have no idea how frustrating it is to continually open the wrong one - as they change places with each other seemingly at random (especially on the mobile version). so thanks for a much needed improvement - but why only do it on some worlds and not others?
EN7.......................EN9
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.35.19.png ............... Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.35.36.png.

unfortunately on the mobile version, the avatars appear to remain identical

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make different event quest-giver avatars for future events

EDIT: possibly the change has occurred because only in those two worlds am i on the final quest of the event - but my plea still stands - PLEASE make different event quest-giver avatars for future events!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you on the same quest on both worlds? The avatar from en9 looks like the questgiver has 'taken their mask off', like they often do at the end of the event questline, similar to how Jack O'Lantern is often revealed to be another questgiver? I haven't finished the questline yet so just theorising.

DeletedUser9168

i think you might be right, Lexi, hence my edit in the OP. Which is a pity because i am fed up with continually clicking on the wrong quest-giver to check my current quest! A simple difference in the graphic between the two would make a huge difference to me!

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree. Having identical questgiver avatars is a pain in the bum. Always has been, Even a small popup when you hover over the avatars to show the quest detail would be helpful; I believe that's been suggested as an idea in the past.

DeletedUser9168

and especially on the mobile, they swap places all the time - just as you start to think "now, don't click the top quest giver, click the bottom one...." boom, they've decided to display the other way around!