• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Continent map] Cancel scouting while scouting

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16126

Even if you cancel it while it is still building you don't get the full amount back... that's my point.

DeletedUser109385

Even if you cancel it while it is still building you don't get the full amount back... that's my point.
There are some where you get full refund like training a unit for example Longbow archer for 4 hours but midway into 2 hours when you cancel the training you get the full amount back, scouting to me seems like that where you wait till the training(which is scouting) finishes but if you cancel it you should get the full amount back just like training of units.

DeletedUser

There are some where you get full refund like training a unit for example Longbow archer for 4 hours but midway into 2 hours when you cancel the training you get the full amount back, scouting to me seems like that where you wait till the training(which is scouting) finishes but if you cancel it you should get the full amount back just like training of units.
Training and Scouting is not the same thing anyways just be happy that you can cancel the action.

DeletedUser107616

+1 for cancelling and having the scout return, but not getting the coin back - its the cost of a mistake (although I wouldn't complain about getting a refund)
If the scout is 5 minutes into journey, it should take 5 minutes to return...(just like in inno's tribal wars 2)

_line_.jpg

SCOUTING.jpg

The Diamond price should drop - depending on how far into the scouting.
So 25 diamonds at the half way mark etc.

Perhaps a new rule/guideline for replying/voting for ideas is to say WHY a persons is giving a no to an idea ? not just "-1"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106696

I just don't see the point... just spend half a millisecond thinking whether you need/want to scout before pushing the button rather than asking the devs to compensate for any tendencies for brainless button pushing :P

DeletedUser109385

brainless button pushing
Ehm for your information I have brain, so don't try to act smart because clearly you are not, players shouldn't be punished or ignored for their mistakes, I just hate it when people try to act cool thinking they are the top of everyone and don't care about others.
Some people who are actually brainless in here don't understand the definition of an "accident".

I will tell you how this accident happened, I has to click 2 or more times on the map icon because it wasn't loading for like 2 mins and when I entered the map I actually didn't press the scout button, it just pressed by itself, I know it might sound weird but it does happen with games that have lot of bugs(Like this one) so maybe you might want to give a less brainless answer to the proposal:lol:

And judging by a lot of people, most are in agreement of no refund so I shall change the idea to no refund being given, also I will take some of Jouchka's advice too

DeletedUser106696

Ehm for your information I have brain, so don't try to act smart because clearly you are not, players shouldn't be punished or ignored for their mistakes, I just hate it when people try to act cool thinking they are the top of everyone and don't care about others.
Some people who are actually brainless in here don't understand the definition of an "accident".

I will tell you how this accident happened, I has to click 2 or more times on the map icon because it wasn't loading for like 2 mins and when I entered the map I actually didn't press the scout button, it just pressed by itself, I know it might sound weird but it does happen with games that have lot of bugs(Like this one) so maybe you might want to give a less brainless answer to the proposal:lol:

oh dear... I would't necessarily judge smartness in other people by their ability to play a game with a few known bugs ... but each to their own :)
just as a tip - if doesn't react as expected, simply reload rather than keep hammering buttons 8-)

... and yes, I have also lost quite a few things to to mindless clicking, including premium buildings that I really did not want to sell at the time - I simply prefer to take my mistakes on my chin rather than to require quadruple safety belts to insulate myself from each an every mistake I might possible make :P

DeletedUser109385

simply reload rather than keep hammering buttons 8-)
Tried it a few more times and didn't work and besides a few clicks are not worth calling it hammering as I wasn't continously pressing the button.

I simply prefer to take my mistakes on my chin rather than to require quadruple safety belts to insulate myself from each an every mistake I might possible make :P
So you would rather try to act cool instead of fixing the consequences of mindless clicking?(Which is not really mindless)

DeletedUser110195

I would be absolutely neutral on this, if not for the fact that often, we run into quests that require us to scout something which come up unpredictably. In a similar vein, I am currently stuck on 'infiltrate 4 sectors' part of the event quest chain, but that's a different situation altogether. Infiltrating when you're ready to attack takes a literal instant to complete, but with scouting that takes an entire day or more to finish, and if you can't take that sector right away, you could be well and proper screwed for a very long time.

+1 on the idea, with Jouchka's addition that a refund be approximate to how long the scout was into his mission, I don't however think you should have to wait for him to return...I'd like to think we're smart enough to have more than one scout.

DeletedUser653

read all above twice and still no idea why suddenly its important to call back a scout. tend to agree with full refund if this happens as this is the same with most things in FOE, but alas since i have no clue why its so vital we change programing to recall a scout its a negative response from me

DeletedUser109385

i have no clue why its so vital
Well everything is in the proposal but if you still have no clue of why it is so vital I can explain it for you if you want.

Just saying, its not really right the way people are voting negatively for something which doesn't do any harm, if you just don't see the point of an idea or you don't get the reason behind it I strongly recommend you simply don't vote, that's what I do if I don't see the point of the idea or the reason behind it, just sayin'

DeletedUser653

Just saying, its not really right the way people are voting negatively for something which doesn't do any harm, if you just don't see the point of an idea or you don't get the reason behind it I strongly recommend you simply don't vote, that's what I do if I don't see the point of the idea or the reason behind it, just sayin'

I think for old timers like myself we really do not like developers time spent on pretty pictures or developments which do nothing to cure the basic problems which 90% of players get concerning lag, crashing etc etc. Nothing worse to find out 2 weeks development work was done to give us pretty little bunnies hopping around the citys (we did not ask for that one!) when we want real basic improvements. This tinkering with the edges does not really improve the game and tends to be designed to make it easier and the game is not sim city so it does not need making easier.

Well everything is in the proposal but if you still have no clue of why it is so vital I can explain it for you if you want.

So why is it so vital to allow a player to cancel a scout? please explain. thanks

DeletedUser109385

Nothing worse to find out 2 weeks development work was done to give us pretty little bunnies hopping around the citys (we did not ask for that one!) when we want real basic improvements.
Still better than nothing isn't it? Some players like it some don't or some do not mind at all.
when we want real basic improvements.
You will get that, along with the more advanced improvements;)
So why is it so vital to allow a player to cancel a scout? please explain. thanks
I can think of the following reasons:
1. The player needs that scout to scout somewhere else for a quest
2.They might need a few coins back for something they need
3.With accidental scouting being accumulated you will end up scouting provinces too fast so when the event quest for scouting appears you will need to fight through a whole province or more just to scout a another province, you will at some point end up in a province where is harder to fight and negotiating becomes too expensive.
This tinkering with the edges does not really improve the game
It's called visual improvements :D While it doesn't improve the game as in lags, guild sorting, winning it does improve the visual things in the game which different players are attracted to, all to make the game as much enjoyable for them so yeah I guess it does improve the game.

DeletedUser653

having hopping bunnies when we want less lag and less crashing is not "better than nothing" - so i disagree with your statement

You will get that, along with the more advanced improvements;)...
You are saying we will get less lag and less crashing - fantastic just what we wanted and thank you very much for confirming this, very happy now :blush:

please theres no real reason you need to recall a scout as every reason you give can be preplanned.
S
1. The player needs that scout to scout somewhere else for a quest
2.They might need a few coins back for something they need
3.With accidental scouting being accumulated you will end up scouting provinces too fast so when the event quest for scouting appears you will need to fight through a whole province or more just to scout a another province, you will at some point end up in a province where is harder to fight and negotiating becomes too expensive.
1) you get scout quests only with events and can see all quests well in advance so nver a need to waste a scout.
2) so sell something, stop trying to make the game easier
3) yep thats part of the game design and its there to ensure you do not keep leaping forward if you cannot keep up with the fights

So all in all no real reason why you need to cancel a scout

EDIT: lines from Soldatos 2nd box down were added while Soldatos was replying, so he did not see these when he posted his reply

DeletedUser109385

You are saying we will get less lag and less crashing - fantastic just what we wanted and thank you very much for confirming this, very happy now :blush:
By advanced improvements I mean the stuff like bunnies hopping around :lol: But I am glad you are happy:)
please theres no real reason you need to recall a scout as every reason you give can be preplaned.
I got my reasons which are real and the 3rd reason can't be planned
EDIT: lines from Soldatos 2nd box down were added while Soldatos was replying, so he did not see these when he posted his reply
I did! Just don't want to reply to them as it will probably lead nowhere between us

Status
Not open for further replies.