• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Enemy Players

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: Allow players to mark current neighbors as hostile/enemy, preventing them from doing anything in your city without first breaking through your defense.

Could not find a similar idea

Reason: Anyone who's played this game for any amount of time has run into that guy in the neighborhood who attacks you every chance he gets. He's annoying, plunders a goods building if you got held up one day and couldn't collect on time. Occasionally though he just doesn't feel like attacking you and just polishes some unhelpful decoration. You really don't like this guy and just wish his motherboard/phone card would burn out.

Details: Add an option that flags a player as hostile, preventing them from taking any action in your city without fighting through your defense, doing so would make only the attack button visible to that player, similar to how city shield removes it(at least that's how I think that works, never used it myself and never been unable to attack a neighbor)

Visual Aids: One day I'll have Lab21 teach me his visual-fu, but until then, nada.

No balance issues

Abuse prevention: I don't see how any abuse is possible but I'll let someone else think about how it could be.

In summary I just think it's odd that we can't prevent a known hostile from just strolling into your city like he didn't just raid it the other day.

DeletedUser653

alas that is the idea of the game and i know coming up the ages i used to plunder all 80 every day in my hood, had no goods but lots of troops. so if you can have switch to stop any player you like from hitting you its against the basic idea of the game, so I cannot support.

Plus i got confused because i have to fight you and win to be given a chance to plunder you, this is the rule now so the only thing i can do now is aid you and invest FP. ideas to stop players investing FP have been put forward many times and always we have said no , stopping a player aiding you is not important, so really at a loss for understanding what you really want.

DeletedUser110195

alas that is the idea of the game and i know coming up the ages i used to plunder all 80 every day in my hood, had no goods but lots of troops. so if you can have switch to stop any player you like from hitting you its against the basic idea of the game, so I cannot support.

Plus i got confused because i have to fight you and win to be given a chance to plunder you, this is the rule now so the only thing i can do now is aid you and invest FP. ideas to stop players investing FP have been put forward many times and always we have said no , stopping a player aiding you is not important, so really at a loss for understanding what you really want.
It's a tactical move, I don't want that guy to be able to get ANYTHING from me. At all. Without it costing him. Not supplies, not coin, not coins for aiding me not the chance at a bp from aiding me or putting fp into a great building. NOTHING.

What I mean, is if someone makes a habit of attacking me, I want his ONLY option to be to attack me. He's earned my ire and I want him to have to fight for every little thing he gets from me. I realize reading your reply that I'm talking about you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

+1 Really your enemies are your enemies and you really can't do friendly things with them

DeletedUser653

but this is a real core part of the game, are you a fighter or a farmer and without chance of plundering etc we lose a massive chunk of the game so its still -1

So are you saying that if i fight you and win I should not be allowed to plunder you as it is today. plus is it so important he gets 20-250 coins from aiding you - big deal
Fp donations have been debated many times and we have always agreed its part of the game, so unlikely to be any change there.

still a little mixed up idea which needs to be better written i think

DeletedUser653

almost the silliest idea I have seen here, so you are proposing that your city is blocked from view until a win a fight and only then can I aid you or invest FP or plunder you!
  • Aiding - it makes no big difference to either player if you get aided and with BP's at such low % chance the odds they get a BP is very very low
  • FP - been debated here many times in ideas and every time its been rejected. Any player in your hood, friends list or Guild has the right to invest in your GB's and again its part of the game sniping other players double collection by investing the last 1 FP in the traz etc
  • Plundering - no change so after a fight I can still plunder you over the next x hours.
So your real desire is just to have a secret city which no one else can see, not sure this is good for the game and looking at my enemies cities is essential in GVG as we monitor around 200 players cities for changes to troops to give us advanced knowledge of where they will hit next. by blocking anyone from seeing your city you are having a negative impact on GvG. Viewing other players cities has always been allowed and I think should stay, no one has the right to hide their city from any other player.

and again, your 1st post is very badly written if you meant "if you win you can plunder but you can't see his city without winning a fight"

Suspect I will not waste my time on this idea with any more posts as it really is silly.

DeletedUser106696

Now that all hoods are same age (and hence pretty close to same tech), just man up and send him a few of your own soldier boys.
The PvP AI is so heavily skewed in favour of the attacking players that it's nigh on impossible to lose. So please do not ask for precious development resources for something that you can fix very easily by playing the game as it was designed in the first place.

DeletedUser653

Now that all hoods are same age (and hence pretty close to same tech), just man up and send him a few of your own soldier boys.
The PvP AI is so heavily skewed in favour of the attacking players that it's nigh on impossible to lose. So please do not ask for precious development resources for something that you can fix very easily by playing the game as it was designed in the first place.

with you 100% on this.

rjs66

Lieutenant

if you get attacked and plundered then develop a strategy that will reduce this, this is after all supposed to be a strategy game

it is challenges that drive progress

DeletedUser110531

I think this idea is completely against the whole idea of the game, one of the core elements is to plunder. If you just hide away then it defeats the purpose of pvp, not to mention that the method you suggested will also impact non hostile moves too.

DeletedUser109227

I am 'that guy' LOL LOL LOL
Perhaps you need candy crush, no one will attack you there.

DeletedUser100065

I quiet like the idea of selecting players as an enemy so you can't have them in one list and know they are the ones you should plunder. I know that's not what this idea is but still selecting people and having them as enemy could be useful.

DeletedUser110195

I am 'that guy' LOL LOL LOL
Perhaps you need candy crush, no one will attack you there.
Whew, talk about not getting the point of the proposal. That statement is the polar opposite of what I proposed....which is to flag a person as an enemy so that THEIR ONLY CHOICE IS TO ATTACK YOU. If you attack me, you're done, I'm going to plunder you every day without mercy and I dislike the idea that you can just walk into my city and get any kind of benefit without fighting for it.

DeletedUser110195

I quiet like the idea of selecting players as an enemy so you can't have them in one list and know they are the ones you should plunder. I know that's not what this idea is but still selecting people and having them as enemy could be useful.
Yes, yes indeed, that is something I would also like to see, for those times I don't feel like going through everyone's cities one by one to mo/po a building of the age I'm trying to get blueprints for. I've accidentally aided one of my daily targets this way and it annoyed me.