• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Add a GB that boosts the range of ranged units and movement speed of any type of unit

DeletedUser109385

My proposal is either to add a GB that boosts the range of ranged units and speed of any type of unit or add a boosts to any of the current GB that boosts the range of ranged units and speed of any type of unit, I think this can be implemented since attack and defense is affected by boosts I thought why not do the same with range and movement speed?
The boost for range will increase by 2% each level and movement by 0.3% each level just to avoid any abuses.
Higher age units have more movement speed, for example sniper has a speed of 18 and tank a heavy unit 14 which makes the tank too slow to catch up with the sniper(altough the tank has range advantage the sniper has a much higher range), this idea can simply balance things a little bit between higher age heavy units and ranged units

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

this idea can simply balance things a little bit between higher age heavy units and ranged units
there should be no balance between heavy and ranged

the intention of the game is
heavy is superior compared to ranged

:rolleyes:

so you simply shouldn't use ranged units against heavy units

DeletedUser108379

Please do not mess with the balance between units. That may be not optimal but any GB that change that can make thinks only worse.

DeletedUser914

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > -1

DeletedUser17180

what's 2% increase in a hexagonal tile battlefield? also, if you want a faster unit or a unit with better range, FoE has units to do just that. you already have units that do what you want. also there are 5 unit types, meaning you'll need 5 new gbs to boost stats. its highly possible to abuse this system wherein, say, players can increase the range and movement speed of a heavy unit and probably rendering counter units completely useless.

DeletedUser109385

what's 2% increase in a hexagonal tile battlefield? also, if you want a faster unit or a unit with better range, FoE has units to do just that. you already have units that do what you want. also there are 5 unit types, meaning you'll need 5 new gbs to boost stats. its highly possible to abuse this system wherein, say, players can increase the range and movement speed of a heavy unit and probably rendering counter units completely useless.
It's not about heavy units, ranged units only but it would be awesome if slingers had a range of 10!

DeletedUser96901

Really? I thought ranged units had bonuses against heavy units8-)
in the early game: iron age, ...

not in your example: progressive era (tanks vs sniper)
there heavy units have a bonus against ranged units

maybe you check the units when advancing through ages

:P

hint: "survival of the fittest"
not: everything is like in the iron age

;)

DeletedUser100832

kind of a moot point though, since in higher ages (colonial+?) ranged units can pretty much hit the other side of the map on turn 1

(only exception I can think of are paratroopers who start in a random square and MG teams, who depending on terrain might struggle to hit the end of the map)

this GB would primarily impact lower age gvg

DeletedUser109268

Really? I thought ranged units had bonuses against heavy units8-)

riflemen got bonus against Howitz but Test Ament is right, after Industrial actually it's gonna be the opposite... Heavy units got bonus against ranged ones...

DeletedUser100832

and also, because of retaliation, ranged units rock vs heavy ones in both PME and CE