• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Promethium

Galladhorn

Monarch
I´m sure there is a few other threads with or about Promethium, but could not find any in the discussion section.

I am wondering what other players think about this resource and how it works int he game currently. I have reached the end of the Tech Tree and is still sending my Ship out every turn - Knowing that I will need some promethium when the next part of the AA timeline is released - But I send the ship and I wonder how much I will need. It´s not exactly a cheap venture or "side play" in the game, not that I miss the goods, but it is still like investing in the unknown. I have raised a few questions below please share your thoughts.

FUTURE NEEDS AA (part two)
Does anybody have any idea/suggestions/calculated estimates on how much Promethium will be needed for the next part of Arctic Future?.

Has anybody stopped to harvest Promethium and if then why?

A TRADABLE RESOURCE OR NOT
Should Promethium be a a part of the normal goods market? - Meaning being tradable.
For the essential game play I can not see why it should not be tradable - It´s a Good, it has a value and players could sell it for whatever price they would find acceptable.

Surely it would perhaps bring some unintended issues towards that end part of the game and people entering the AA later would simply go and and shop it, not having to play the Ship game.
At least right now it seams like

Promethium is currently a pretty restricted "thing" - It does not really integrate with the rest of the game and ending the Tech Tree leaves players in a slightly weird place in that regard or ?.

INSPIRATION TO IDEAS
I know this is not the Idea thread, but discussing options for the use of Promethium might still be a good place to start before bringing ideas up. How to make Promethium more diverse in use or how to integrate it into the rest of the Game??.

GH:)

DeletedUser104843

To answer your first question it takes a lot of guesswork.
The last AA update gave us 7 new researches, 3 of which needed Prom ( 150, 260 & 350 = 760 or 250ish average) so lets assume the next update will be of similar size but likely more researches needing Prom. Lets say the higher part of half , so say 4 at 250 each would be a nice figure of 1000.Assuming this is even remotely accurate I personally think you could stop at 1200 and feel pretty sure you will have enough, at least for research and not any possible extra need for lets say the map if you negotiate it.

As for your second point I think your absolutely correct that Prom should be tradable however I think its prices should be set in stone. its not exactly a common material and costs about 5 times more than any other good to obtain so lumping it in with the regular goods is a bad idea ( in my opinion of course ). I am of course hoping that one of the new researches ( perhaps the first one - Arctic Stations? ) will allow for this and act as some sort of Prom Trading outpost. Oooh I really want that now, thanks for putting it in my head :/

DeletedUser100065

Personally I am at 800 Promethium and finished tech. I will probably keep harvesting till I hit the 1000 mark then start again when next part of AF is released and I have more of an idea how much will be needed. I've heard some rumours of what it'll get used for but as yet they are just that rumours.

As for making it a trade able good I don't think it should be. I view it as similar to coins and supplies which once your at the end of tech don't really mean anything as most people will have millions stashed away. Prom worked to slow down the mad rush to finish tech but that won't work with the next release as most people will have gathered enough. I'd like to see new special goods such as promethium introduced which then can be traded for one another but i don't think it should be available as a common good. Allowing it to be traded for common goods would negate the slowing process that has been introduced and I do think that slowing down is a good thing.

DeletedUser5180

slightly off topic but perhaps the next part of arctic future will require our ships to collect another new good to slow down research.

eventually we could have lots of different goods collectable only by ship and tradable only for other ship collected goods.

shareshark

Private
to send the ship out uses goods, but is only in the same way as you use goods at the moment to make future or tomorrow age goods....you will need 1220 Promethium when the new Tech opens.
it is just a way of extending the game out and expand

Blurt

Private
Is there a Promethium mining guide? Just launched my ship and it cost 100 diamonds -- wondering why.

DeletedUser

Is there a Promethium mining guide? Just launched my ship and it cost 100 diamonds -- wondering why.
Ouch. Sounds like you didn't have enough goods to send your ship?
It costs 25 AF goods to send each crew member to gather Promethium. The goods cost to hire them is shown underneath the crew members. You have to select the best crew members for the journey based on their attributes; some will increase the amount of Prom gathered, but increase the journey time or increase damage to your ship, some will gather less Prom but shorten the journey or decrease damage to your ship on the journey etc.
Not sure what else there is to it, really.

DeletedUser103223

To reduce your goods cost pick the crew that gives the ship health, you dont get as much prom per run but you dont have to repair your ship every trip out.

DeletedUser

You do with AF goods.
I'm aware of that -_- my point was that surely people don't repair their ship after each trip? It seems that would be more costly than just repairing the ship when it actually needs it.

DeletedUser96901

Who repairs their ship after every trip?? :rolleyes:
the people who take the guy with +10 prom and +5% damage
and two other with high additional prom and no repair-guy

because after 2 trips it would cost double and after 3 it would be 35 goods

because unlike other I have enough AF goods and want to get the most possible Prom per day

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97048

I repair my ship after every trip but it doesn't get better than 85%. Anyone know why?
And today the repair tab showed only the word OK although the ship is at 75% health. The word Repair was not there so I had to send the ship out at 75% health.
Why couldn't I repair the ship this time?

DeletedUser96901

I repair my ship after every trip but it doesn't get better than 85%. Anyone know why?
And today the repair tab showed only the word OK although the ship is at 75% health. The word Repair was not there so I had to send the ship out at 75% health.
Why couldn't I repair the ship this time?
what you see is the value after the journey. including the damage of the journey
a normal journey makes 15% damage = 85% health remaining

a "85% (-15%)" is in reality a 100% ship that will come back with 85% health because of 15% damage it will take

if you can't repair your ship it doesn't need a repair (health >90%) and AFTER the journey it has 75% and must be repaired

DeletedUser100832

I'd like to see promethium being used in GvG, either

(i) on a new map or

(ii) on the all ages map for guilds of above a certain level (say above level 40, or containing >3 people who were in a level 40 or above guild within the past month)

medals aren't really good enough for AA because so many people have tens of millions of them from GB spamming

DeletedUser653

Does anyone understand what all the new crew members bring, no idea what the sisters bring as the extra and lots of other strange things appearing when you choose the crew.
thanks

DeletedUser12400

Does anyone understand what all the new crew members bring, no idea what the sisters bring as the extra and lots of other strange things appearing when you choose the crew.
thanks
It's kind of explained in announcement.
sam1.png
kim1.png
- Sam and Kim, twin sisters, will boost each other's skills if you hire them together.
josh1.png
- Josh, the scavenger, will bring you random, additional resource (Diamonds also possible!).
madiha1.png
bryce1.png
- And last, but not least, quartermaster Madiha and steward Bryce, will boost promethium and time-related skills of other crew members.