• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Balancing Guild Championship

DeletedUser107476

I will put this in the correct format but at the moment there are two ideas and would like a view on which is more favourable to the members.

At the moment the championship is unbalanced due to different size guilds being in same championship and smaller guilds needing less wins to attain their percentage.

Idea A
Is for 100% to be equal to all members in smallest guild finishing GE level 2. Level 3 still counts and would compensate for those that do not take part.

Idea B
Is that on a Monday all guilds in the next championship apart from smallest would be sent an exemption list. Founders could then exempt members from the championship bringing their guild down to same size as smallest. All guild members could still take part in GE but those exempted would not count towards the percent needed or contribute to it in championship.

Gives Zarok-Dai evils for making me come on Forums and putting this up lol​

DeletedUser15432

I can not see how this is going to work as the idea appears too complicated and will entail a lot of work behind the scenes by guild leaders, moderators and interested parties, therefore, I give both proposals a score of -1

DeletedUser96901

Idea C
make the range of members of the guilds in the championship smaller

there should be enough guilds on all worlds that the range of the size mustn't be between 51 and 60 (that would be in my main world)
it could easily be between 51 and 52
(theoretical there needs only be one group with 51 and 52 members. the rest would be groups with only 51 or 52)

easiest way to solve the problem

At the moment the championship is unbalanced due to different size
so why not changing size if the size is the reason for the unbalanced championship ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
I get the impression that the size is pretty balanced - our guild is always in competition with other guilds of seventy-plus members. It's just that some guilds run heavily aggressive rules that require all members to own Observatories and participate in GvG and Guild Expeditions etc. on pain of expulsion, and some don't.

If you put the effort in, you get the results. The question is whether the 'casual' guilds ought to be in the same competition as the deadly serious ones, or whether the latter should be competing against those who could actually provide them with a worthwhile challenge.

Idea B sounds like match-fixing to me. I don't understand how Idea A works - would that make it possible to score over 100%?
(I believe there are guilds currently where every single member completes the expeditions...)

DeletedUser109385

Neutral, I just have nothing to say about this idea, nothing good or bad:?

DeletedUser100832

tbh I don't understand why we can't have a single guild championship for every guild on every server

you can have categories like

-guilds under X in size
-best X guild scores (where you count the speed with which the top X players get to 100%)

all for X=10,20,30 etc till 80

DeletedUser108379

well, if it must be guilds over X in size, because it is much easier for small guild to get a high percentage of participation.
With your idea there would be 1-man-guild at the top in all rankings, would be highly unfair.
But I like it as it is, more changes to get place 1 at least sometimes.

DeletedUser720

+1 for bringing up the issue, it is a valid one.

However -1 for the solutions given