• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plus and minus in battle

Vesiger

Monarch
Why do some units (e.g. howitzers) have a little plus sign displayed to the left of them on the (mobile app) battle screen, and some (e.g. field guns) display a minus? It doesn't seem to relate to the currently-selected unit and whatever bonus/penalty it has against that class of target...

DeletedUser100065

I don't play on the app much and am a little unsure what you are referring to. Isn't it the defence bonus though from the terrain you are on, Howitzers get a bonus on plains and field guns get a bonus on hills. Or am i thinking of the wrong +/- thing that comes up when you move things around

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't play on the app much and am a little unsure what you are referring to. Isn't it the defence bonus though from the terrain you are on, Howitzers get a bonus on plains and field guns get a bonus on hills. Or am i thinking of the wrong +/- thing that comes up when you move things around
I think that's something different; you get a larger percentage bonus popping up, e.g. 12% when you move rapid fire cannon onto a hill.
These are really tiny signs over to one side of the unit, which is why I never noticed them before. (It took me months to discover that the amount of damage an atttack does flashes up in tiny figures when you hit, as well as reducing the health bar!)