• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.83

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussing our upcoming update to version 1.83. You can find the full announcement here.

Enjoy!

DeletedUser7719

Why hasn't the rogue transformation bug been fixed! ...wait a sec ;)

DeletedUser96901

could be a bad awakening for some who use the auto-battle button too fast :lol:
because if the rogue moves last the other unit moves in front first and could get killed :lol:

btw when will the bug fixed that rogues are attacked first ?
that is how a smart AI would work :rolleyes:

DeletedUser11899

looking forward Guild Competitions, a great idea

glad to see the rail gun bug has been fixed at last ...welcome to the semi-auto mode! :lol:

DeletedUser97688

Will the historical questline come before or after the AF2 release?

DeletedUser107470

Complete crap update. Please stop messing with order of battle. It is now worse than before and made the rouge a liability in many battles in GE lvl 3. Whats the points of even posting this but to vent my frustration to how the developers keep changing how the game operates.

There are so many other aspects of the game that need more attention and this fix just shows a lack of programing skills

DeletedUser6065

' . . . It is now worse than before and made the rouge a liability in many battles in GE lvl 3. . . '
Definitively made Level 3 much more difficult. I personally am still struggling to find a new strategy. Having 7 Rogues and just [manually] blasting them forward is no longer a viable option. (I don't auto).
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Definitively made Level 3 much more difficult. I personally am still struggling to find a new strategy. Having 7 Rogues and just [manually] blasting them forward is no longer a viable option. (I don't auto).
. . . mk

Try using 1 champ, 1 rail gun and 6 rogues... If the rogues are not hit on the first round then move forward only 1 or 2 hexes maximum.... This worked pretty well for me with just 102% attack and 93% defense stats

DeletedUser107854

What a major screw up from your side!

I was expecting any kind of screw ups from you due to new feature GE, but that is beyond my understanding. Despite the fact, that it isn't possible to do levels 2 & 3 of GE without having Traz and signicant ammount of rogues, and even with the Traz and rogues difficulty of lvl.3 is only (more or less) reasonable till Colonial Age, despite all that you are still looking for a ways of making your newly introduces GE totally impossible and HUGE time-consuming ??!!
Before your new "update", i was being able to complete all levels of GE in 14 worlds, due to drastic difficulty increasment past CA, i was even holding of moving my cities to a higher eras, just so i could finish all 3 levels.
But since this "update", unfortunately, im gonna have to cut down my GE activity in most of the worlds to a minimum (completing lvl.1 only or no GE at all). One should be a ROBOT to be able to spend that much time manually moving each and every unit to complete it. Let me tell you, 24/7, 7 days a week - is not enough.
It is not an "update", it is a complete opposite of update. Is this how you updated rogues abbilities? You just downgraded them! I do not know what was the reason behind that inexplicably stupid decision to apply such "update", but i do know that major number of players, including me, are extremely unhappy.
If you wanted to reduce number of complains from "plundered buddies" (bet you have lots of them), then you couldve just remove ability to plunder in the first place, but instead you decided screw up other acpects of the game, especially GE!
Let me tell you about plundering. Having lots of GBs of advanced ages and therefore always being in the hood with players 2 or more ages above me making me easy target. No defence will save me if player 2 ages above will attack me wheither he attacks with or without rogues, and rogue movement sequence will have absolutely no difference. So, how is your "update" can solve that?? I also do attack those of my hoodies who never aids or who attacks me first. Personally, i normally dont plunder if proper defence has been provided, but if player who is (for example) in ME still keeps 2 spearfighters on defence, it is simply indicates that s/he either doesnt care about his/her goods, production etc. and relying on alarm clock or doesnt want other player to make PvP points (simply coz s/he is a nasty player) or still doesnt know how to assign a proper defence (and its really embarracing to be in ME and still dont now such a simple things). Or all the above TOGETHER!

Bottom line is: instead of making us more happy and more willing to spend real money on your game, YOU SCREWED US UP.
Will see how everything goes, but right now i have much less of an interest in playing here, and it is probably a time to
check up similar online games...

Vesiger

Monarch
It's certainly possible to do most of the second level of the guild expedition without an Alcatraz and heaps of rogues, although the two-stage battles against two full armies get impossible for me towards the end...

DeletedUser5180

Complete crap update. Please stop messing with order of battle. It is now worse than before and made the rouge a liability in many battles in GE lvl 3. Whats the points of even posting this but to vent my frustration to how the developers keep changing how the game operates.

There are so many other aspects of the game that need more attention and this fix just shows a lack of programing skills

learn how to fight manually with rogues

What a major screw up from your side!

I was expecting any kind of screw ups from you due to new feature GE, but that is beyond my understanding. Despite the fact, that it isn't possible to do levels 2 & 3 of GE without having Traz and signicant ammount of rogues, and even with the Traz and rogues difficulty of lvl.3 is only (more or less) reasonable till Colonial Age, despite all that you are still looking for a ways of making your newly introduces GE totally impossible and HUGE time-consuming ??!!
Before your new "update", i was being able to complete all levels of GE in 14 worlds, due to drastic difficulty increasment past CA, i was even holding of moving my cities to a higher eras, just so i could finish all 3 levels.
But since this "update", unfortunately, im gonna have to cut down my GE activity in most of the worlds to a minimum (completing lvl.1 only or no GE at all). One should be a ROBOT to be able to spend that much time manually moving each and every unit to complete it. Let me tell you, 24/7, 7 days a week - is not enough.
It is not an "update", it is a complete opposite of update. Is this how you updated rogues abbilities? You just downgraded them! I do not know what was the reason behind that inexplicably stupid decision to apply such "update", but i do know that major number of players, including me, are extremely unhappy.
If you wanted to reduce number of complains from "plundered buddies" (bet you have lots of them), then you couldve just remove ability to plunder in the first place, but instead you decided screw up other acpects of the game, especially GE!
Let me tell you about plundering. Having lots of GBs of advanced ages and therefore always being in the hood with players 2 or more ages above me making me easy target. No defence will save me if player 2 ages above will attack me wheither he attacks with or without rogues, and rogue movement sequence will have absolutely no difference. So, how is your "update" can solve that?? I also do attack those of my hoodies who never aids or who attacks me first. Personally, i normally dont plunder if proper defence has been provided, but if player who is (for example) in ME still keeps 2 spearfighters on defence, it is simply indicates that s/he either doesnt care about his/her goods, production etc. and relying on alarm clock or doesnt want other player to make PvP points (simply coz s/he is a nasty player) or still doesnt know how to assign a proper defence (and its really embarracing to be in ME and still dont now such a simple things). Or all the above TOGETHER!

Bottom line is: instead of making us more happy and more willing to spend real money on your game, YOU SCREWED US UP.
Will see how everything goes, but right now i have much less of an interest in playing here, and it is probably a time to
check up similar online games...

itss not really INNO's fault that you play 14 worlds and have insufficient time to fight manually on them all

DeletedUser6065

' . . . although the two-stage battles against two full armies get impossible for me towards the end...'

Yes, this is the problem as I see it. I was able to complete all of level 3 before the update, and I never auto (autoed a battle where wounded ranged units went up an got directly in the face of unwounded melee units. Lost that one). What I am experiencing I that the Rogues are being caught against the fence of the back 40 by the defending long range units. They hardly ever get into the game. Worse: It took me 2 days to get a winning combination for 3.12 on Fel. When I tried the same combo on Dinegu, I lost (?!?). Finally figured out that I needed a specific map configuration, with the Rifle and Artillery units in specific positions for this to work. Then, I have to kill (note I said kill, not wound) the Rifle first, and then the Artillery unit 2 hexes behind then the Artillery unit to the southeast. And, no you can't kill in a different order, because the units moving will not reach the necessary targets. And, no you can't kill in a different sequence for units you can reach. Forget the Howitzer next to the Rifle. Ya gotta get the Artillery. Any deviation will result in a loss. Now, as an old-time wargamer (anyone recognize the name Avalon Hill?) and participating in FoE for 4 years, I am not foolish enough to state there is only 1 way to win a battle. But, given the same Table of Units, one would imagine the odds of success are pretty high, in spite of terrain features and kill sequences. Naturally, different terrain configurations can play a part, but to need specific conditions with specific movement sequences and specific locations and specific kill (not wound) sequences is, in my opinion just a little odd. It took 2 more days to figure 3.11 - 3.15, (and again, specific conditions only) and I never got 3.16. Again, there are many ways to win a battle (obvioulsy others have because I don't see a lot of posts on this subject). But it's beginning to look like this is another case of 'Level-up your Great Buildings'. Jeez, is that the only answer you can come up with? Remember, I did fine with the levels I have.

Certainly combined arms attacks would be nice, but again with Rogues, what the hell will these fools turn into? And don't tell me whatever unit you've got the most of on board - that is simply not true, unless you run with only 1 type of unit. I further maintain that you simply cannot win a 2 wave battle w/o substantial Rogue participation unless the 2nd wave is less than full strength, the 2nd wave is of a lower era, or you have an incredible boost (see abkhoy67's post above). Since combined arms will limit the number of Rogues you can insert anyway, this becomes another part of the problem. Remember, you need Rogues for those 2 wave attacks, not 2 of X, 2 of Y, 2 of Z and oh yeah, what the hell - 2 Rogues.

I disagree w/Babyaga's implied assertion that auto battle is somehow a birthright bestowed on anyone who plays multiple worlds (I too play 14, and as I stated here twice and on other threads, I don't auto). I do agree that Rogues have been downgraded to a liability (bordering on somewhat useless as you still lose even with them in your Order of Battle) in 2 wave battles. Unfortunately, again my opinion, you need Rogues to move as before so that you can maneuver them into position to take advantage of their Roguishness. Further, this is not a bug-fix. This is an easy way out either through laziness (probably) or lack of programming skills at the development level (I hate to think about this, but . . ). If you had a Rogue/Rail-gun screw-up, that's a programming error because it adversely effected only one part of the operation. Inno has again taken the quick way out. "We can't/won't fix the problem, so we'll just nerf ______ ." (← fill in name of building/combat unit/how points are awarded/etc., etc.). And that is truly the tragi-comedy of this whole 'fix'. Presumably, the combat units are assigned the various values (combat/defense/movement/bonuses) for a reason. But, if there is a problem - Hey, just ignore all values and the rules that govern them. With Rogues, we now ignore totally their movement factor, which allowed them a certain hierarchy in the movement of units. Just ignore it. This is a fix?? No, but the Dev's continue to be a joke. Unfortunately, we have not the luxury of ignoring them.

And finally, gotta vehemently disagree with Test's assertion that a smart AI will not attack Rogues first. Under this new movement system, AI can really screw up an attack by nailing the Rogues to the back wall with long-rang weapons first.
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105570

Hate the new AI!

We all know inno cant keep up with calc, so first they changed the time of calc, did not work, then they tried to stop the drop re-sieges, did not work, now they have changed the AI so rouges move last to stop players having so many troops at calc, not going to work.

This is getting boring inno and your just annoying players spend some money buy better servers and stop messing with AI and finally sort out calc!

And I was planning to unlock diamond slots of my rogue hideouts. Oh well, the more that the AI gets toyed with, the less Money I am going to spend on a game that changes the specs of the units. There is a company out there that constantly "REBALANCES" the specs of bldgs & and weapons & units. They do this for only one reason: To cause the players who will spend lots of money to spend even more money! I stopped playing those games: you know them as BP, VG, & WC. It's why I am here in FOE. Please don't take the easy, lazy way of doing software development. If your programmers can't fix problems it's because they don't know how; get new programmers! They probably have so much spaghetti code now that they just can't fix one piece of code without it affecting something that should not have even been impacted by the change that they made!

Don't release updates for the sake of getting new content online without 1st getting the bugs out; Try a can of RAID bug spray.

If you are releasing updates on a weekly basis, it just means you are throwing changes at something in the hopes that will fix it without taking the tine to actually verify that it fixes it.

We in the engineering business call that "Iffy Wishy Engineering" If it could work; I wish it would would work!

DeletedUser5180

Well this takes the cake FOE what a bunch of WITS. We already fight less now that GVG has changed do you now want us to not fight at all when we run out of troops . Just fought GVG HQ lost my non rouge troops every single time WTH....... what stupid idea will you come up with next..... really starting to tick people off now.

HQ sectors are always more difficult to take (or at least cost more troops) due to the support pool system