• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions - Negotiation Game

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser5514

tryed it once at 4th "sector" level 3 and failed... lost coins, supplies and future artic goods. Wont try it again though...

DeletedUser104833

Is there some rhyme or reason to how many resources can at most be incorrect ? Also- any chance that we would be able to re-play the first tier ? I'm limiting my progress to Bronze for recruitment purposes but i'm in the Iron Age for the first tech which allows for GB development. Not having access to Iron Age Goods production makes me shy away from taking part in the second tier of Expeditions though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107692

Is there some rhyme or reason to how many resources can at most be incorrect ?

It appears to be completely random(that's also what they have said in the announcement if I recall correctly).

I really hate the fighting system in FoE. It's extremely dull and when you don't have a traz you're pretty screwed in the expedition. So naturally I was excited for this feature, probably even more after reading the announcement. It didn't sound as great but surely a lot better than expected. It was really fun at first, I rolled through the first level in no time, even bought some more attempts with my medals(because why not, I had fun).
But at the end of the first level I got a hint of what was to come...and towards the end of the second level the rng hit me. Up until seven different choices everything is fine. Sure, with five or six different choices and three attempts there is already quite a bit of rng involved but from seven onwards it's just getting ridiculous. Nine different choices is like playing the lottery and it's probably going to get even worse than that.
When you compare the two ways you can use to beat the guild expedition it highlights really how unbalanced this is. When you are fighting your way through you need 48 attempts. You probably won't need much more than that, if you do you're doing something wrong. In comparison to that you need on average 122 attempts when you're negotiating(for more info on that check the 2nd post in this thread). On top of that you're likely to spend some diamonds whereas the fighters are very unlikely to spend any.

My only problem with this game so far is that everything is designed around getting you to spend diamonds. The events are the best example for this problem and the negotiating expedition has the same flaw.
When you have a choice of nine different resources to offer you need two attempts to even determine which ones the tribesmen want and then you only have one attempt left to get it right unless you spend diamonds which, let's be honest, you're likely to do because see very often with your third try you get everything but two or three right and you get the information needed to be sure(or almost sure) which resources the others want. So why not spend 10 Diamonds to get it over with....
It really takes the fun out of it and I'm probably going to build a traz so that I can just faceroll through the fighting part of the expedition even though I hate it because sooner or later I'm going to run out of resources to waste and the rewards you can get are just too good to pass up on.

The easiest solution to make negotiating great again would be to simply increase the amount of free attempts you get to four when given more than six choices of resources.

DeletedUser105171

The easiest solution to make negotiating great again would be to simply increase the amount of free attempts you get to four when given more than six choices of resources.

Have to agree with this - when there are 6 or 7 choices I would never look at negotiation as an option... While I like the introduction of this and like how it works in general I think the odds are just not in balance.

DeletedUser108379

I do think, that most fighter need more than 48 attempts. And in the third level - at least at the end - there will it also be very tempting for most to revive a unit with diamonds before you fight the second wave. Fighting all three levels is not an easygoing promenade, but yes, it is possible to do so with out using diamonds and I agree, at the moment it does not look like it were possible to do so negotiating your way.

DeletedUser96901

Fighting all three levels is not an easygoing promenade
at some point in the game it will be an easygoing promenade

having an Alcatraz together with a rogue hideout
and having 90% attack boost

I am doing it almost every week with 48 attempts in the Future Era (and many other in my guild also can do that)
(once I needed 49 attempts because one fight was really unlucky)

but at no point you can do negotiation with 48 attempts without diamonds

to the people who do negotiation:
have fun with 10 things in the last sector of level 3 :lol:

DeletedUser100555

Should be doable without spending diamonds and on the dialog its a bit cheeky to only offer one button to spend diamonds. Both dialog boxes need more buttons - just the little close symbol is bad UI design.

DeletedUser1094

but at no point you can do negotiation with 48 attempts without diamonds

to the people who do negotiation:
have fun with 10 things in the last sector of level 3 :lol:

It can be done... with a lot of luck. Try long enough and FoE "gives" you the "pity luck" to get it right in 3 attempts.
...but admittedly, I have only been pitied that much once... usually, for me anyway, when my fighting skills come short, I do use the shinies. :rolleyes:

Edit : The above was about the last negotiation at level 3. Test is right about the completion in 48 tries by negotiation only... that would require some rediculous amount of luck.

DeletedUser108359

iv tried it and find it fun and very interesting, BUT too expensive and can be very difficult to get it right on 3 attempts in the higher levels.
so id rather fight my way through.
Having said that at least thank you for something new and for giving players an extra option.
at least we have a choice now and i think thats the important thing.

DeletedUser97688

There's something intriguing on the wiki, called "Temple of Relics", another No Age GB like the Observatory. From what I can tell, it seems to be saying it will increase the chnace of finding something called "Relics"...Is this a hint of great things to come?

DeletedUser96901

yes new things are coming

but "increase" is the wrong word
it should be "create"

because without the Temple you will get 0 relics

DeletedUser107692

Yeah, the temple is fine, imo not worth it because of the size but it still doesn't do anything for the underlying problem that negotiating, especially compared to fighting, is just not worth doing. I currently can't help my guild in the expeditions because I need my goods to catch up on the continent map which I have been neglecting a bit lately.
The costs in the guild expeditions stack up to such ridiculous amounts that I just can't produce enough goods to keep doing it for long. Even though I have four great buildings producing goods. Fighters only need one to be able to at least consistently get to level three.

DeletedUser11899

The costs in the guild expeditions stack up to such ridiculous amounts that I just can't produce enough goods to keep doing it for long. Even though I have four great buildings producing goods. Fighters only need one to be able to at least consistently get to level three.

..once they managed to get the complete set of Zeus, Aachen and Monte Bps, collect all the goods required and make room in their city to build them
..once they learnt how to fight loosing coins, supplies and time for recruiting or healing units in the meantime
..once they managed to raise those attack GBs by investing a lot of time and forge points to increase their attack boost
..once they managed to get the complete set of Alcatraz BPs, have a free space of 7x10, collect the required goods, build it and level it up some levels investing a lot of time and forge points to have more units to be able to make a large number of fights a day
..once they improved their fighting skill by spending a lot of time making fights day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year...

nowadays, people who didnt choose this way or dont like to fight must pay a large amount of goods for negotiating
is that fair? ..I think so

DeletedUser104833

Is it just me or is the Tier 2 Negotiation game a bit ridiculous. Talking about the final encounter specifically. The amount of luck required is insane...or can someone share tips that would make it doable ? To me it seems as if there are just too many options for three attempts.

DeletedUser4800

Inno developers suck at balance design. The new peaceful solution is retardedly hard and luck based. Why on earth would one spend time, resources and energy on this?

I've tried it 10 times and I failed on 5 out of the 5 attempts at level 1, I won 10 out of 10 of the battle on level 1 each time.

mariust5

Corporal
Does anyone know .. i have done many negotiations but never got a Relic , does the Relic still appear to anyone after a successful negotiation ?