• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [30735] First Rail Gun not ignoring Flying

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
  • World:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Overview of the bug: Rail Gun not being able to target units with the Flying defensive ability
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: All PvP battles in which there are units with the Flying defensive ability
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary: When using an attack army of 1 x Rail Gun + 7 x Rogues in PvP battles, on my Rail Gun's FIRST turn he is not able to target any units with the Flying defensive ability. However, after any of my Rogues get converted they ARE able to target any units with the Flying defensive ability on their first turn (as a converted unit)
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

DeletedUser16026

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, mrbeef. This issue has been reported to the developers (FOE-30735).

In our reproduction attempts we've found it can happen both with and without Rogues, the first Rail Gun unit does not ignore Flying and Stealth abilities if there are units to represent both abilities (for example a Stealth Tank and Combat Drone on the enemy list).

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I wonder if I used 2 Rail Guns + 6 Rogues whether the 2nd Rail Gun would suffer the same failures as the first.... I will try now in fact

EDIT: it appears that only the FIRST Rail Gun is the runt of the litter so to speak :)
When facing TE Tanks the FIRST Rail Gun operates as it should do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser100002

I'm having the same problem myself with the 1st movement of my railgun,unable to shoot what I require which seems to be either flying or stealth.

DeletedUser97361

i also have noticed this issue. Also the reply from the developer above doesn't read correctly so not sure if they have properly understood the issue. Add to this that the PvP and Continent Map armies follow a different attack approach as well when using rogues and rail guns.....(eg they approach rogues first on PvP and but allocated units first on the map......

DeletedUser12400

They are aware of the bug they just need a year or less to fix it :)

DeletedUser

thought i would inclose a pic of what mrbeef is on about for the care of inno this is me attacking 1 of my hood friends as you can see i can't hit anything so i have to skip that 1st move ..

Lets hope the bug is fixed for nexted xmas

Attachments

• rail gun error.jpg
    rail gun error.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 288

DeletedUser653

bug still there and got it again tonight, and faced with 8 drones my first RG would do nothing at all and the only way to do the fight was to hit auto

nasty bug as there re times you must fight manually

DeletedUser12153

Got hit with this bug multiple times today with this report being from january and the bug still not being fixed (perhaps forgotten) i figured reviving this thread might be a good idea

DeletedUser108331

The problem appears to be that the abilities only updated AFTER each player move.

I have noticed that if the player has 1 Rail Gun and 7 Rogues, and the enemy attacks first and converts the Rogues to Rail Guns, hovering over ALL of the converted Rogue attack queue status at the bottom shows that ALL the converted Rogues are missing the ignore defense and power shot abilities. However, AFTER the player makes the first move, then ALL the Rogue have there abilities updated correctly.

If the player has another unit type that is faster than the Rogue, so moves before the Rogue, then this does not seem to be an issue, as the move of the other unit then gets the abilities on the converted Rogues updated correctly.

Judging by the general behavior when auto-resolve is used, it's as if the abilities are updated on the server okay, but are not transmitted to the client until AFTER the player makes a move. I.e. the human player is not able to use the ability as the game within the browser has not yet been told the player can make that move.

DeletedUser14881

If there is at least one different unit in the battleteam, instead of 7 Rogues straight, this bug doesn't happen, even if all Rogues are converted into Rail Guns.

This is the only thing preventing me to get rid of the last sectors in GE III