• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why do i keep getting disconnected from guild chat?!

• Thread starter DeletedUser100956
  • Start date

DeletedUser100956

Tried different browsers... clearing cache... disabling add-ons and shutting down firewall. I'm in Brisgard world.
What is going on?

Thanks folks.

DeletedUser

Mm i had this yesterday and it was my wifi connection , it kept dipping in and out losing connection

Amy Steele

General
One other thing you can try is to ensure port 8080 is open on your router and firewall settings as this is the port chat uses. If port 8080 is open and you are still having problems it is as emmah1990 and TomTom522 have said most likely a connection (or wifi signal strength) issue.

DeletedUser100956

My connection is STILL dropping. Ive reset my router and changed firewalls and it still refuses to work :mad:

I manage to post one message on chat before it desconnects... why?

DeletedUser

TheMackemOne have had the same problem since playing

google chrome
nod32 made sure everything is ok there
windows chocolate firewall is ok
Router is ok

Test port 8080 is open and all good but still the chat keeps going gave up in the end so i dont use it now

DeletedUser15432

It might be, because there is an intermittent problem with the actual chat, it clears itself after a while and then reappears some days or weeks later, this has been ongoing since last August

DeletedUser12400

I really wish that Inno would Fix Chat connection issues :)

DeletedUser

evan no overtype bumped a thread from may the 11 2014 and its still not fixed am glad inno are working on iron age and bronze age buildings and not fixing the main bugs of the game no wonder why peeps are leaving the game as its getting boring and deja vu

DeletedUser653

I get this and considering I have a 120Gb broadband and 8mms pin time its certainly not connection. but if port 8080 was not open then i would expect chat not to work at all, th issue is Chat works most of the time but after a while it gives you the disconnected message and you have to refesh to rejoin

DeletedUser108326

same here chat is ok for a while then disconnects and like most things computer the users equipment is blamed.