• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Recent content by -Jovian-

1. Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

This my first Christmas event in FoE - I won't get much but hey-ho. I do find it incredibly stingy though, compared to other games in this genre. 5 stars for each quest, but 10 stars a go on the grid? For newish players like me, only a chance of 3 or 4 event quests a day if lucky, so only a few...
  2. Help with an annoying "friend" please?

This is a good thread for new players to read. It's only through reading threads like this that we learn that it's actually not a good idea to advance a quickly as possible, which is kind of counter-intuitive, given that the tech-tree is quite easy to get through, in the early ages at least. I...
  3. Getting a Full Set of Blueprints.

Yes, I'm aware of the Wiki, which says the benefits of the Arc are Guild Goods and contribution boost. I'm sorry I'm not as intelligent as you, I've just started this game and I don't yet understand how I'll be swimming in Blueprints from getting the Arc, hence my return question to Burpo. Maybe...
  4. Getting a Full Set of Blueprints.

Hmm. Does the Arc produce Blueprints then? I thought it's just Guild Goods and a contribution boost?
  5. Getting a Full Set of Blueprints.

Yeah, just picked up 3 Alex BP from a high level - all duplicates - none of them converted to the missing one :( I'm in line for another 3 on someone else's soon - I almost don't want to try it, I don't know if I can bear the disapointment :) Obviously they want us to spend diamonds on it!
  6. Getting a Full Set of Blueprints.

As a recent new starter, I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually possible to get the final Blueprint in a set without spending 200 Diamonds? I've had lots of Blueprints from investing in other players' and each time I get 3 of one I do the 2:1 swap in the hope of getting the last one and it...
  7. Finding Blueprints

Thankyou. Yes I'll do that tomorrow when I've got some Forge Points again. I just wondered if there was a way to see quickly in any of the game screens.
  8. Finding Blueprints

Another newbie question (I'm full of them) :) I'm after 3 more Blueprints so that I can get a Tower of Babel. Is there a quick way that I can find out who is upgrading one so I can go and add some Forge Points and maybe win a Blueprint when they complete it? At the moment I click on each...
  9. Forge of Empires: Worst Experience with MMORPG in a Decade

Reference the topic title.... You haven't played The Settlers Online in the last year have you? :D As a lower than whale poop - baller, the biggest thing I have with the game so far is that everyone speaks in abbreviations and code and seems to be an expert - expecting newbies to understand...
  10. How to counter Catapults? (EMA)

Thankyou. I only have +21% from the Zeus. I'll give the fast units a go - makes sense.
  11. How to counter Catapults? (EMA)

I can't see anywhere that any EMA unit has a specific advantage over Catapult. My next map battle they have 4 Catapult, 2 Arm. Inf. and 2 Merc. I wonder if anyone has any advice what army I should assemble to fight them? I have EMA units including Legionnaires and I have Rogues (only 4 of each...
  12. Questions and non feedback comments about the Halloween Event 2021

Thanks for your replies, it's all good advice for new players - perhaps this chunk of topic can be moved to a help & advice section rather than just be deleted for off-topic?
  13. Questions and non feedback comments about the Halloween Event 2021

I was amused by the suggestion that I should have millions of supplies by the time I reach EMA. Assuming 6 Goat Farms doing 2 x 4hr and 1 x 8hr production runs each day and lets say 1 million supplies would require being in Iron Age for 4 and a half months, doing nothing other than logging in 3...
  14. Event Halloween Event 2021 Feedback

I'm not rushing, and the speed of my progress is irrelevant to my question - I have EMA production buildings and trying to amass a EMA army. I'm asking that isn't give away 12000 supplies a bit steep for players in early eras? Especially so early in the event. In IE it would be even harder.
  15. Event Halloween Event 2021 Feedback

2nd event quest - pay 12000 supplies. I have just started the game and am in Early Middle Ages - do you know how long it would take me to amass 12000 supplies just to give away? I'm trying to build up EMA army, get better supply buildings etc. So looks like I won't be getting very far in this...