• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Every attack to cost players coins and resources

DeletedUser

What do you do when your neighbourhood has only 42 players with 10 inactive, 10 in your guild, 5 Diamond Player's on a totally different planet leaving 17 to battle with a modest chance of defeating after taking heavy casualties against each??
  • Fight the inactives - that's 10 more battles per day regardless of what army they have (points are points).
  • Leave your guild - if you are losing out because of being in a particular guild then you have to weigh up whether you accept the cost of being in that guild (not having 10 extra battles per day) vs the benefits of being in the guild (friends, trades, etc.) and if the benefits are outweighed by the costs then leave the guild (and if you choose not to leave the guild then don't whine about it as its your choice).
  • Fight the diamond players - there is very little a diamond player can do in defence that a non-diamond player can't do as well. I have not spent any diamonds on GBs and have 292% defence boost (14 levels of GBs and 38 watchfires - all got through being active and not diamonds and I still have more watchfires in my inventory that I don't need to place)

those that defend still have to cover all building costs as the attacker to be able to just defend without any profit.

Nope, an attacker needs 5-10 buildings whereas a defender just needs 2 or 3 buildings to make all the troops (and can quite often get some from unattached units - looking at my defence I have 3 unattached howitzers, 2 unattached lancers and 1 attached lancer and 2 unattached jaegers so I only need 1 slot of one building for my defence - if I swapped the attached lancer for my last unattached jaeger then I wouldn't need any buildings).

So if the defender (who doesn't attack) does not need offensive GBs and needs 3-8 fewer military buildings then they can afford to have extra buildings to produce resources & goods. Look at how many plunders they get per day compared with how many extra buildings they have (and if they collect them multiple times per day) and you'll probably see that the person who doesn't attack will get more resources & goods (but likely fewer points as they won't get the battle points).

+ Those that choose to not attack but negotiate for a sector face really enormous costs in terms of both time, coins & supplies.
Correct me if this is wrong.

Yes they face costs but they are not enormous and it is their choice - also, see above, that they'll likely have more resource/goods buildings as compensation so it all works out in the end to be fairly balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4906

• Fight the inactives - that's 10 more battles per day regardless of what army they have (points are points).
  • Leave your guild - if you are losing out because of being in a particular guild then you have to weigh up whether you accept the cost of being in that guild (not having 10 extra battles per day) vs the benefits of being in the guild (friends, trades, etc.) and if the benefits are outweighed by the costs then leave the guild (and if you choose not to leave the guild then don't whine about it as its your choice).
  • Fight the diamond players - there is very little a diamond player can do in defence that a non-diamond player can't do as well. I have not spent any diamonds on GBs and have 292% defence boost (14 levels of GBs and 38 watchfires - all got through being active and not diamonds and I still have more watchfires in my inventory that I don't need to place)

It's my own guild, see the signature!:p

The inactives have no defence except 2 Dart-Lobber's....How exciting to fight for few points/coins.

38 Watch-Fire's & more in stock, 292% Defence Boost...Mmmm, scared of being attacked?;)

Thanks for the top notch advice.:)

Stroll on.....

(Please feel free to have a look at Soap-Box Section "The Know It All's!)

DeletedUser

Yes they face costs but they are not enormous and it is their choice - also, see above, that they'll likely have more resource/goods buildings as compensation so it all works out in the end to be fairly balanced.
I still think it is too expensive. Since the attacker is usually gaining resources when he attacks + points. While i have banished my 1 month accumulations of goods to conquer 2 provinces ?

Probably good calculus is needed to surface weather there really is a problem in here or not. However having been on both sides of conquering new provinces through battles and resource both in early and late game i firmly state that taking those by negotiating is a ripoff.

DeletedUser7719

On one of my cities, I can fit 7 Iron Age goods buildings into there with a 6x6 6x5 map space (with enough supply and coin buildings to manage the cost of producing goods). What age am I in? Iron. Further down in the eras clapboards will help even more in getting me more goods (then town, apartment), then gambrels (and victorian) will give me even more space to the extent where I think it's unfair :p
Iron age proof: http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=3fde32c2fb454601bea2b02330951673
(flamingo hedge is a BA awards trophy)

DeletedUser

What about the fact that you spend all your coins/supplies on producing goods while attackers usually increase their resource count and gain points?

Take a look at this and calculate how many resource you would need negotiating this sector and how many fighting it if all units are lost (even if usually less than 50% of units die)?

neg.jpg

DeletedUser

On one of my cities, I can fit 7 Iron Age goods buildings into there with a 6x6 map space (with enough supply and coin buildings to manage the cost of producing goods). What age am I in? Iron. Further down in the eras clapboards will help even more in getting me more goods (then town, apartment), then gambrels (and victorian) will give me even more space to the extent where I think it's unfair :p
Iron age proof: http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=3fde32c2fb454601bea2b02330951673
(flamingo hedge is a BA awards trophy)

Its actually a bit smaller (6x5)... and impressive.

Sorry, couldn't help having a little re-arrange: http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=5f82745ab7d62e551d52b64dbefecded

Edit: Then I had a complete re-arrange and got more houses in (but one isn't connected) http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.php?m=a03ca974161b33325baf18fdc13d0472

It's my own guild, see the signature!:p

Erm... so I went to the settings and turned on the option to view signatures and looked at yours - it says nothing about you being a guild leader. Congratulations on that but maybe next time maybe you won't recruit 20% of your neighbourhood and then complain/whinge that you have no-one to attack.

In which case I'll rephrase - evict people from your guild so you can attack them or accept that it's your choice to not be able to attack them but don't whinge to us.

The inactives have no defence except 2 Dart-Lobber's....How exciting to fight for few points/coins.

10 Auto battles = 2160 points per day for a minutes work.

38 Watch-Fire's & more in stock, 292% Defence Boost...Mmmm, scared of being attacked?;)

Nope, just preparing for guild wars.

Thanks for the top notch advice.:)

You're welcome - always happy to help.

DeletedUser4906

Erm... so I went to the settings and turned on the option to view signatures and looked at yours - it says nothing about you being a guild leader. Congratulations on that but maybe next time maybe you won't recruit 20% of your neighbourhood and then complain/whinge that you have no-one to attack.

In which case I'll rephrase - evict people from your guild so you can attack them or accept that it's your choice to not be able to attack them but don't whinge to us.

There was nearly 80 in the 'hood when i started & who's whinging to you/us?

Maybe you see but don't read.

Another Fountain of Knowledge.........Stroll on.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Easy guys, we want to forge an awesome idea here so lets all work constructively ;)

DeletedUser7719

What about the fact that you spend all your coins/supplies on producing goods while attackers usually increase their resource count and gain points?

Take a look at this and calculate how many resource you would need negotiating this sector and how many fighting it if all units are lost (even if usually less than 50% of units die)?

Too many factors come into play: the amount of goods to negociate the previous provinces, how much of a boost do you have from GBs (and if you have any, since I think that was a 75% boosted army), how much time, coins, and supplies is required to research the whole tech tree (as I only see 8 howitzers getting through there if there isn't enough of a boost), etc.

DeletedUser1983

-(infinity) .... This idea is to promote farming and discourage fighting... Guilds full of farmers will flourish and guilds full of fighters will suffer and for what reason? That fighters found the time and motivation to spend on this game and played the game as the developers would have expected them to? In which world does one get penalized for doing well on the basic expectations?

DeletedUser1983

It is not an attacker's fault that farmers like yourself don't know how to fight back or defend your cities... the entire line of reasoning by everyone supporting this new "radical" (not) approach is incorrect.

DeletedUser4906

It is not an attacker's fault that farmers like yourself don't know how to fight back or defend your cities... the entire line of reasoning by everyone supporting this new "radical" (not) approach is incorrect.

Well said!

Killin' is my business....isn't their a game called Farmer's!

They should go play that instead.:cool:

DeletedUser

Couldn't agree more, just look at the "reason" part of the original proposal...it says nothing regarding game mechanics or anything relevant to gameplay at all. Just more well disguised whining from people who want this game to be the next farmville...

DeletedUser6065

-1 . This one needs to die a very quick death. The costs of battle are already there (as pointed out by other posters), in buildings (all types - resedential, resources, happiness and production), training deleted units and time lost in training those units (espiecially when four lost units go to a single barracks). This idea supports only the GB's (again!).

Has any non-GB's set down and calculated exactly how many resources/coins they are able to collect in a gaming session? Play 10 solid hours collect 40K? 60K? (maybe)? Not nearly enough for sustaing any type of a warlike position. In my cities have enough resources for maybe 200 battles, then my treasuries are empty. Then what? Shall I wait for replentishment? I certainily hope the people in my 'hoods enjoy fighting it out with Butch and Sundance - The Amazing Spearthrowers, because that's the only way I can slow down their progression. I'm not going to put out a viable defensive army, if I am unable to attack due to lack of resources. That's silly.

Currently, the FoE gaming community is dealing with two other issues that take precident over this idea. Namely, Neighborhood Merge and Guild Wars. Both of these issues, are mainly to deal with allowing more combat opportunities to those who so desire. This idea now, has the exact opposite effect. It stiffles combat. Why are we considering to take a step forward, only to take another step back? With this in mind, let's continue on for a while, testing a new merge and the G'Wars and see how it plays out. IMHO this idea may very well come back to haunt us all. If necessary, save it for a later date to revisit. (much later - like not at all) . . . . . mk

DeletedUser1253

It would wipe the PvP tournements for sure. Excellent way to ruin the game. Not a good Idea.

DeletedUser14587

-1 from me every attack cost u in several ways as ur troops need time to heal so that mean u have to build alot of military building to have enough troop i fight over 70 fight a day with ur idea paying 10 000 per fight so i should pay over 700 000 coin for attack its just very hard to handle u giving chance for this game to turn into farmvilli by this idea no offense but it don't seem a good idea
just tell me i was against increasing infiltration rate in world map which i don't negotiate i fight every single sector so applying coins for fight is just away to make people get bored of the game

DeletedUser

-1 If this will be implemented, then it will takes a week until i'll fight with all my neighbours. I don't think it's a good idea

DeletedUser8813

sounds like just another way for farmers to make it harder for the pvp,ers..we already pay huge sums to recruit and build barracks..so a big[size=+6] no [/size] from me

DeletedUser1983

The number of -1's is a testament to how one-sided this idea has been designed AND what's more shocking is that one moderator has posted it and another one is so invested in it that they are willing to get this done at the cost of the fun-quotient of this game!

WELL DONE MODS! It gives me a solid reason to now consider applying to be a moderator, to kill such ideas on skype conversations before they make it to the forum!