• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some crying and bullying from a guy in my neighborhood

DeletedUser3707

Someone shared this mail by a player in my neighborhood:

"Bad battle tactics
As of June 1st if you are only going to put up 2 low scoring units in deff I will start to sabotage your supplies and cash, I don't like to plunder it’s not fair, but I am fed up with trying for points and facing only two spears or similar, this is just as bad and unfair, you lose nothing by putting up the best deff you can, and we that want points can achieve our goal.
This post will go out to all with this bad tactic; it’s up to you, loose goods or loose nothing."

What a bully and cry baby. I would gladly PAY coins, supplies, etc if it meant withholding points and medal from him. If a lot of people are getting this, don't do it. Let him cry some more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, some players resort to this sort of tactic. It's not something we're happy with, as it gives players a bad feeling to be threatened like that.

However, it's not against the rules either - in fact he's just using a game feature that is available to everyone. He could plunder anyway, whether you put up a good defence or (as others are asking for) pay the forgepoints in return. If you can make sure you collect your things the moment they are ready, you have nothing to fear at all. Or have them motivated (they can't be plundered then).

Personally, I think you're right. Don't indulge, just delete such messages and ignore such behaviour.

DeletedUser

Seems fine to me, in fact I give my neighbors the same choice. I just put it in my profile instead of sending messages, either way it's the same, put up an army or you get plundered. You're the one coming off like a crybaby here imo, he's just giving you a choice, I don't see a threat there at all. Also it's not appropriate or respectful to be calling this guy out by name in the forums fyi.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Seems fine to me, in fact I give my neighbours the same choice. I just put it in my profile instead of sending messages, either way it's the same, pit up an army or you get plundered. You're the one coming off like a crybaby here imo, he's just giving you a choice, I don't see a threat there at all. Also it's not appropriate or respectful to be calling this guy out by name in the forums fyi.

Totally agree KingMike

DeletedUser3707

Seems fine to me, in fact I give my neighbors the same choice. I just put it in my profile instead of sending messages, either way it's the same, put up an army or you get plundered. You're the one coming off like a crybaby here imo, he's just giving you a choice, I don't see a threat there at all. Also it's not appropriate or respectful to be calling this guy out by name in the forums fyi.

Calm down. If you feel threatened because you're a similar bully, tough on you. And why not put the guys name? What happened to "It seems fine to me"? If you find something disrespectful or inappropriate it''s because you know it's a bad move in the first place, and people will judge you on it.

DeletedUser8813

Calm down. If you feel threatened because you're a similar bully, tough on you. And why not put the guys name? What happened to "It seems fine to me"? If you find something disrespectful or inappropriate it''s because you know it's a bad move in the first place, and people will judge you on it.

would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine..?

yep i give my hoodies the same option its not a threat and its not bullying..they defend or i plunder it is there choice..i am going to attack them anyway .

DeletedUser

Sorry but I don't see the attacker whining or crying, and as always said, if you don't like a game, where you can be plundered, you can always contact support for instructions on how to delete your account.
The name of the game, is so clear,Forge of Empires,every player has an Empire to develop, as best as he can,inside the rules of the game,the game allows you to left two spearmen at defence, the game allows me to plunder you , so easy, sending a mail remembering this aspect of the game,it's very SOFT, for my point of view, I will give him 24 hours to change his/her defense, or let him begin to whine cause someone is plundering his valious goods.
Unfortunately,some people wants to advance in the game,and looks like the farmers,have all the rights , not to be plundered, not to be mailed even, then will be better to plunder directly, to see if he finds the right way(for me or for each one) to do the things, and you earn the time of mail them.

DeletedUser4089

If I ever get a message like that, I'll throw a single horseman in defence and laugh and laugh and laugh.

(A single horseman gives less than half the points of the default defence)

DeletedUser8813

If I ever get a message like that, I'll throw a single horseman in defence and laugh and laugh and laugh.

(A single horseman gives less than half the points of the default defence)

i would still attack and plunder makes no difference to me.i don't send messages i just wait for stop plundering my goods and supply messages.and they inevitably do come sooner or later,then i just tell them ,they choose not to defend i choose to plunder those that don't defend.the choice is then theirs..i would sooner not plunder but if i cant have the points then goods or supplies will suffice

DeletedUser5641

Unfortunately, some players resort to this sort of tactic. It's not something we're happy with, as it gives players a bad feeling to be threatened like that.

However, it's not against the rules either - in fact he's just using a game feature that is available to everyone. He could plunder anyway, whether you put up a good defence or (as others are asking for) pay the forgepoints in return. If you can make sure you collect your things the moment they are ready, you have nothing to fear at all. Or have them motivated (they can't be plundered then).

Personally, I think you're right. Don't indulge, just delete such messages and ignore such behaviour.
I am that guy and if we all played that way what is the point of it you may as well remove the PvP towers for a start, and as for crying and bullying you must be having a laugh , I was merely telling the players in question put up a defence and play the game.

DeletedUser

I personally appreciate the attacker giving me the choice as I the #1 in my hood has done. I am not a PVP player and he is, so if he looses troops in the attack he looses in gold and resources, if I (which I do) loose troops while in the defense I do not loose anything and like magic my guys are standing tall for the next attack. So he gets his points for PVP, I dont loose troops, resources, gold, or supplies. Seems like a win - win to me.

DeletedUser5641

I personally appreciate the attacker giving me the choice as I the #1 in my hood has done. I am not a PVP player and he is, so if he looses troops in the attack he looses in gold and resources, if I (which I do) loose troops while in the defense I do not loose anything and like magic my guys are standing tall for the next attack. So he gets his points for PVP, I dont loose troops, resources, gold, or supplies. Seems like a win - win to me.
Thank you Gringo this is exactly why I made the offer not to bully or use it as a tactic, I do not like plunder I want to play the game , when we first start it's the only option 2 in deff but when a player is in the C age and still puts out 2 spears ! that is bad tactics , and are only playing for themselves , This 2 deff is a bad ploy and there needs to be a penalty for it.

DeletedUser

Let me make myself a little clearer than I did before :)

Although some players give this as a fair option, making it indeed a win-win situation, some other players have a far different attitude, and do use harsh words and make it feel like a real threat, even if it's all about a game feature available to everyone.
If you don't use that tactic -then please don't take this thread personally. It's about the players that do - and yes, unfortunately those are out there as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

DeletedUser5641

I used no harsh words and offered a deal; now tell me where is
(a) The crying
(b) The bullying
A choice to play the game ?.
The player replied with an offer of donate Fps to his Gb and he would put up a defence with his best units. I chose to decline, my choice. His choice was not to defend and cut his roads to what end I don’t know.
Personally I think plunder is bullying, when a superior army defeats a less fortunate player and steals his goods or supplies; there is obviously a divide in opinion on this matter and maybe needs a rethink.

DeletedUser

Although some players give this as a fair option, making it indeed a win-win situation, some other players have a far different attitude, and do use harsh words and make it feel like a real threat, even if it's all about a game feature available to everyone.
If you don't use that tactic -then please don't take this thread personally. It's about the players that do - and yes, unfortunately those are out there as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

I do not think you are wrong by any means and honestly NO ONE likes to be given an ultimatium of put up a defense or get plundered. In life would any of us tolerate give me your money or I will steal your car (or far worse)? NO! In my "Real Life" I do not back down from any fight or a challenge. In truth as a child and young adult when callenged I would be harder to convince otherwise because I set my mind on it just to anger the other person. I do think it is clearly a case quid pro quo.

But I would like to make a few points to all..... #1 its a game, #2 we all had a choice to play, #3 we all have a choice to keep playing, #4 there is always someone bigger, tougher, stronger or smarter so in the end we all get what is rightfully ours. Might as well continue to grow as strong as I can under their noses and then one day cut their throats as they lay sleeping. ;)

DeletedUser

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Well it's probably hard for dave to not take it personally since the thread is about him, and in fact contained his name when it was first posted. He's saying he doesn't use those tactics, and doesn't appreciate being called out for it in the forums. At least that's what I'm getting from it.

@dave I fully agree, you did nothing wrong, and the OP is doing the crying on this one.

DeletedUser6461

I agree with KingMike.
Though I am no one to comment the merit or fairness of this tactics, I have seen many of the players adopted this method in so many neighborhoods (i was one of them, though i am not plundering constantly atm.) successfully and I can't see anything wrong in that. After all, they are encouraging neighbors to put up a good defense and plundering or not plundering is the option of the attacker if he succeed any how.

DeletedUser

Well it's probably hard for davy to not take it personally since the thread is about him, and in fact contained his name when it was first posted. He's saying he doesn't use those tactics, and doesn't appreciate being called out for it in the forums. At least that's what I'm getting from it.

That may be so, but the name was removed long before it was reacted to (even before I made my first reply here, as the second post of this thread), making this into a general discussion instead of being aimed at one person. Still, and thus, I strongly believe that if you don't resort to the "bullying tactics" I mentioned before, you really shouldn't take it personally.

DeletedUser

That may be so, but the name was removed long before it was reacted to (even before I made my first reply here, as the second post of this thread), making this into a general discussion instead of being aimed at one person. Still, and thus, I strongly believe that if you don't resort to the "bullying tactics" I mentioned before, you really shouldn't take it personally.

Well, no, it was definitely still there when I posted the 3rd post. Also, the wording of the title and OP definitely makes it seem like it's directed at one guy, even though your post was perhaps more general.

DeletedUser3707

I love it when the jerk players try to defend sending mass PMs trying to bully other players to waste tile spaces on buildings, and units, so they can get higher scores on PVP tournaments, all the while playing the victim when you tell them to shove off. "How dare you not feel intimidated, and waste resources, so I can get more resources!"

Own your jerk playing habits at least. Just battle people, and plunder at your leisure. Don't whine, and send trash playing the victim.