• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bronze age military too overpowered

DeletedUser

lets see, im in early middle age, and my units still get their butts kicked by bronze age units, like, spearfighters, warriors, slingers, and horsemen, i think the bronze age units are way to over powered, needs to be adjusted, i dont think the early middle age units should be killed in 2 hits from a bronze age unit, should be more like 4 hits, the buildings and units already cost 3-4 times more than the bronze age units, why should they die so fast

DeletedUser

As for them getting killed so fast make sure you are not letting units that get a bonus attack hit the correct units and some units should have low health, range units, as they are never meant to take that much damage.

If higher level units become very powerful over others then it can cause issues as you try to advance in the battles against the computer as right now you can get to and fight higher age battles much faster then getting those troops yourself.

However if you look at the unit stats here you will see as you advance ages it does help a lot in most cases:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...-regarding-military-buildings-and-their-units

DeletedUser

use archers they own everything. If you have trouble with bronze age units too you could just make 8 spear fighters its very short and u can auto win all the bronze age fights.

I reccomend just using 8 spear fighters they got me though all of bronze and have on iron and they are very cheep and quick to make.

DeletedUser

the spearfighter are the best yet in the age of bronze for attacking units in the age of iron

DeletedUser

Last time I used bronze age units (warrior) vs a EMA unit (mercenary) they were dealing 0-2 dmg (1-3 in reality with a bonus) and needed 4 hits to kill them. Did something changed since?

DeletedUser1294

I disagree.
Bronze Age units should stay the same, only advanced aged units should be adjusted.
Degrading Bronze age units would prevent newcomers to advancing to higher provinces.

DeletedUser

I have to agree that there is a serious balance issue here. Nine times out of ten a single spear fighter will take out a mounted warrior. So why bother doing all that research and spending all that time, production and gold when the earliest unit in the game still owns? Yeah, I know, the mounted warrior has way better stats, but in an actual fight what tends to happen- MW hits SF but doesn't kill him in one shot, SF retaliates and takes MW to half damage. SF then hits MW and MW dies. My suggestion would be to either eliminate the retaliatory hits or don't allow attacks for units that have made retaliatory hits in that round. It's just silly the way it is.

DeletedUser

spear vs horse was always like that. that's their bonus. you should use horses only vs archers/slingers, cavalry gets bonus there.
but unfortunately, it only works if enemy has below 4 archers/ballistas. if you have 4 archers backed by 4 soldiers, that army will kill any number of horses sent to

DeletedUser

lets see, im in early middle age, and my units still get their butts kicked by bronze age units, like, spearfighters, warriors, slingers, and horsemen, i think the bronze age units are way to over powered, needs to be adjusted, i dont think the early middle age units should be killed in 2 hits from a bronze age unit, should be more like 4 hits, the buildings and units already cost 3-4 times more than the bronze age units, why should they die so fast

A spearfighter (BA) has a spear as his primary weapon.
A soldier (IA) has a spear as his primary weapon.
A mercenary (EMA) has a spear as his primary weapon.

The question I ask, and why I don't agree with you is, all those 3 units are from 3 different eras. They have the same weapon, still their attack value differs a lot. How is that possible? :)

[EDIT] Clarification: I think that some units, e.g. bronze age units, are underpowered, not overpowered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Tactics. The way they lunge their spear, how sharp the spear is, where they stab the opponent, etc. I remember when spearmen were overpowered, but then they upgraded the defense/attack bonus, so I found out it was the heavy melee that were underpowered. I still think some units in the BA are also underpowered too. (Is it horseman for you?)