• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.26 - discussion thread

DeletedUser

If I'd have known they were going to reduce the gold coin, I would not have built the Cathedral At Capitol. There should be a grandfather clause for the ones completed.

DeletedUser

Problems /bugs
1) constant flashing mail icon
2) army page wont scroll past page 2
3) double clicking not working as intended
4) after plunder , zips back to #1 in hood , not as intended

so far

Here are the bug reports for confirmations:
1) Faulty Message Center button - That is an 0.25 thread, but the bug is the same. Since 0.26 there are a few extra things that cause this glitch to appear. You can mention which if you want.
2) Army page doesn't go past 2
3) Double clicking not working in Army Management
4) Player bar resetting - This bug still occurs after a plunder action is taken.

- L

DeletedUser276

points for troop drops and increase will not be retroactive apparently.

DeletedUser11781

Neighbourhood bar still snaps back to #1 after plundering, but stays where it is, if you don't plunder, this has been a issue since i've been playing.... Why is this such a problem? *sighs* Thanks.

DeletedUser7837

i just did an experiment .

i refreshed the page and my point was 115.117 , then collected 13104 gold and refreshed again . my point should became 115.160 ( because 13104/300 = 43.68 points) But it became 115.152.
so for collecting 13104 gold i actually got 35 points instead of usual 43 points. So i guess we now get 1 point for every 375 Gold/supply collected , can someone confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Neighbourhood bar still snaps back to #1 after plundering, but stays where it is, if you don't plunder, this has been a issue since i've been playing.... Why is this such a problem? *sighs* Thanks.

Please check 2 posts above yours. I linked to the bug report. It's a confirmed issue. ;)

@ NimaV: Hint said something regarding that at the top of this page.

- L

DeletedUser3157

U missed out on smth NimaV. It was decreased to smth like 1/1200 or 1/1500.

edit: I might be wrong here and could have made a math error myself. Not sure any more, but will find out soon.

DeletedUser

I've been in software dev for about 40 years. No kidding. A good number of years of that in game dev, which is hard.

Two comments:
1. "Beta" is not what it used to be. These days software seems to be in Beta for extended periods, and not for software dev reasons. Forgetting the legal schematics, FoE is really in release, with more content scheduled. Just like any non-browser game which will later issue new expansions, new ages.
2. GBs have been affected 50%. That is not an adjustment, not a nerf. It means the design was blown in a major way.

/peace

DeletedUser6965

i just did an experiment .

i refreshed the page and my point was 115.117 , then collected 13104 gold and refreshed again . my point should became 115.160 ( because 13104/300 = 43.68 points) But it became 115.152.
so for collecting 13104 gold i actually got 35 points instead of usual 43 points. So i guess we now get 1 point for every 375 Gold/supply collected , can someone confirm this?

no, can't confirm this. I collected 2558 coins and got 8 points (2558/300=8.52..)

DeletedUser11781

Thanks Lodroth, I had a look, lets hope it's sorted soon. :)

DeletedUser6965

points for troop drops and increase will not be retroactive apparently.

are u able to ask some devs/other guys about that? If this is intended or if this "feature" was not implemented yet for some reasons?

DeletedUser11781

1. "Beta" is not what it used to be. These days software seems to be in Beta for extended periods, and not for software dev reasons. Forgetting the legal schematics, FoE is really in release, with more content scheduled. Just like any non-browser game which will later issue new expansions, new ages.

For real, I was thinking the same..

DeletedUser3157

Hmm I'm starting to think it might have been me actually who started to see a ghost after hearing a ghost story. I can no longer recreate the collect points numbers that are any different from the way they always been.

DeletedUser7837

lol you are not alone hint , i just collected 10658 gold and got 35 points for them (10658/300=35.2)

DeletedUser

I am livid with the new battle scoring rule. I am losing 10% of my score, why? BA units were already the cheapest i.e. spearmen=120. Now they're gonna make worth less and less?! Why are they penalizing people who want to enjoy every aspect of the game? If people don't want to build military bases or units, let them get raided for their decision. The system of only losing a single building's production is already too benign. If some people find it too debilitating, they are not serious players and don't need to be dictating the rules for others. I collect every hour. Even at that rate, my progress has slowed to a virtual standstill. If there are people collecting less often it's no wonder they never seem to move from week to week! These are not the people this game should be molded around. If anyone is complaining about getting plundered, either plunder back, or leave. That's my opinion. Do not change the game for people who are more serious about it than you.

Good things

-The Social bar now stays anchored after a visit/attack, and no longer snaps back to the rank #1 player.
-Revaluing the over valued GB's

Bad
- reviewing points from attacked troops, I think the problem of colonial troops attacking the new player in iron age is real and does need a solution but this is a poor solution as it does not take into account the age the player has reached. attacking another player in colonial age with colonial troops is OK and if they choose to only use spears I should not have a issue over attacking with my own colonial troops. However there should be a change to cover me attacking a Iron age player with colonial troops where my reward gets limited but if I attack him with iron age troops I should get full points (I am pretty sure this has been proposed may times).

This is what I'm talking about. People shouldn't be here if they don't want to fight. Fighting is already a downplayed aspect of the game and hardcore players shouldn't be punished because their hood is full of underachievers. And underachievers shouldn't be catered to. Lower age units were already valued less than higher ones. Leave it at that and forget the age difference between attacking and defending units. Don't plug in a deterent from attacking lazy players. Lazy players don't deserve breaks!

DeletedUser276

there will be more fighting implimented into the game when guild wars start up. At which point more aspects to guild wars will be added over this upcoming year making more fighting.... so getting mad because the fighting isnt up to your par just means wait a bit till the fighting really starts.

Guild wars will be a main part of the battle system to the game. Where as players that dont want to battle all the time can opt out of guild wars.. everyone wins.

DeletedUser

in some aspects yes. I think the biggest will be the people that farm weaker opponents. From the points scheme it looks like higher age troops have gotten quite a boost in points delivered while weaker troops have dropped. So if your farming weak players for points expect a good drop... but if you spread your attacks out through the ages you wont notice much if anything.

If a player is serious about this game, they will be "weaker" only temporarily. The penalty for failing to defend is only getting a single building plundered once in a 24 hour period. I have played games where once the 7 day novice protection period was over, you'd get spam attacked again and again until you were broke the next day. This game needs no protection for the weak since there is no real damage done. Anyone who feels losing a couple of cottages one day is real damage, isn't a serious player.
As far as raiding the "weak" goes, I have little choice. The competition in my hood is stiff and I have to attack everyone in order to stay competitive. I don't do it to pick on anyone. And I hate it to see only 2 spearmen for they are worth so little as it is. Creating more reason not to attack people who choose not to defend gives more players a reason to be lazy and uninvolved. You should be wanting people to be more active and involved, not less. You should want to weed out these lazy, inactive players sooner to enhance the experience for the players who actually care about this game. Protection for weaker players is a mistake that can cost you more loyal players. I beg you to reconsider the score "rebalancing."

DeletedUser13082

lowering points earned in battles is a big big no IMO. Receiving less battle points now and therefore not growing my overall score as fast. It wasn't broke so it didn't need fixing.

According to what I read today people who have great buildings which offer offense bonus' also earn less points in battles. This to me is rumor but if true then is completely ridiculous and unfair. People who put in the time and effort earning blueprints to create those buildings deserve the bonus they have earned and shouldn't be penalized for it.

The new feature of no snap back following a battle has a bug in which it will snap back as soon as you plunder the enemy following the battle.

Message cap again IMO is ridiculous. Titans guilds in both East-Nagach and Houndsmoor (a total of 5 guilds) all use the message feature as a way of chatting and communicating. Now leaders are being forced to make multiple messages on a daily basis as the old chat windows fill up. If no leaders are online at the time then the entire guild is forced to wait until one of them logs in until they can chat again. Tried using forum thread for general chatting instead but the amount of bugs prevents it from being usable as it crashes peoples pages, forces log out on occasion and in general takes too long to use as a chat feature.

All in all my opinion of this update is 90% bad. Bug fixes are excellent as always however too many features have been changed with no good reason for doing so causing far too many problems. All of the above stated were perfectly fine the way they were and there was no reason for them to be changed.

Apologies for the rant.