• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge Point Limit

• Thread starter DeletedUser6603
  • Start date

DeletedUser6603

It would appear that allowing only ten hours maximum to accumulate forge points
could easily be extended to twenty-four hours for the following reasons:

It would allow players to utilize time off during a full day which primarily coincides
with other 24 hour production of supplies.

provide the opportunity to acquire more FPs in order to have a Greater chance
to obtain Blue Prints from Great Building contributions (more so when at a lower level)

finally (but not exhaustive) it would allow players to utilize at least two large FP packages
without bumping their Forge Point counter back to zero when being used.

Wondering what our community thinks of this, if it hasn't already been discussed.

Wil.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

An MMOG success is very much dependent not just on the amount of players/accounts it has registered but on the activity and online presence of multiplayers at any given time.
As, such it's in the developer's and game's interest to encourage activity during as many intervals of the day as possible.

For one, the players come to play here (and not mine sweeper) because they like to play/compete/interact with other human players. So, imagine you get online but there are no new trades because not many have logged in since 10 hrs ago. Or no one has read motivated you because no one logged in for the past 10 hrs.

a 24 hrs forge collection would only encourage certain players to log in once a day without losing on any bonus. It's bad for other players because it hurts activity.
As it is, players have the chance to get maximum forge points by logging in at least 3 times/day or miss on a few FP by logging twice/day or miss quite a lot of FP by logging in once/day

Remember that FP regeneratio is one of the main important factors that decides how fast can someone progress in the game. And it's not in the grand scheme's interest to have a player who logs once a day earn/progress the same with the one who logs in few times/day.

It's the same principle why the reward for placing 5 minute supply production is bigger than 4 hrs and much bigger than 24 hrs supplies.

DeletedUser7719

I would like to think of the current system as production times, the more often you produce the more you get. If you log in once a day, you produce 10 fp. If you log in twice a day, you can gain up to 20 fp. If you log in at least 3 times a day, you can successfully get 24 fp every day :D

Btw, trust me, the only difference between a mod and me is the title

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

back to topic eh, allowing debate on a forum. Just look how you "trusted Inno" members work.

Seriously. Look at yourself. I'm not even bothered reading what I'm not allowed to reply to.

Then there's not much point in starting a discussion thread is there? :)
In that case this is just a rant and should be closed as such. ^^

- L

DeletedUser17

Hello everyone,

I feel that we are moving away from the actual topic and therefore I moderated a few posts. Let us please stay on topic.

@Malhalla I sent you a PM. I will await your answer.

DeletedUser

I would like to think of the current system as production times, the more often you produce the more you get. If you log in once a day, you produce 10 fp. If you log in twice a day, you can gain up to 20 fp. If you log in at least 3 times a day, you can successfully get 24 fp every day :D

Well, I just think this reply is absolutely brilliant :) Pretty much the way I see it aswell, except probably better written than I could have. Forge Points act like any other resource in the game, the more you play the more you get. Simple.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser6603

Looks like a unanimous no on twenty-four hours then.

Is there a possibility of extending two more hours and max
it at twelve?

I do see the point of having activity a priority, surely two more forge points
added wouldn't affect the frequency of connecting. For most players that
are active, gaining points on the PvP ladder is usually motivation enough.

Would really like to see the Forge Point counter not affected by the utilization
of the large 10 FP package. it resets to zero. Perhaps extending it to Eleven
points would do the trick (I just like the round number twelve :O).

Wil.

DeletedUser276

what you say makes great sense Wilber... There is an argument for both sides.

1. the devs will think... its only 2 forge points. In the long term it will make little difference.

2. the players will think... Its only 2 forge points. In the long term it will make a big difference.

make an argument on why you want it ;) I am sure if your argument is sound things might get done.

DeletedUser

Hello Wilberham, and everyone.

I just want to point out that little part of the name everyone seems to miss, (beta)

Things are not set in stone right now, some parts of the game will change, and others will not. I do like the 12 FP cap a lot better, it still forces two logins a day, just like the 10 FP cap does, and would not alter anything to drastically.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind it being raised to 12. I always felt mildly disappointed when using a 10 forge point package since it maxes out your limit for a bit.

DeletedUser6603

Thanks for your consideration FoE Team.

Your time and efforts are much appreciated.

Wil.

DeletedUser

I would add my agreement on the 12 max, idea.
Reason Recap;
-It requires the same amount of logins (2) per day.
-It allows players to utilize FP packages without penalty
-It allows a bit more leeway on lazy weekends. (Todash likes to sleep in sometimes, is that so wrong? ;))
-Nice even number, exactly one half day.
-Makes handling multiple worlds simpler, without drastically changing things.
-Makes GB bursting a bit more dramatic.

DeletedUser

-1 on any increase to the max forge points.

I miss out on 1 or 2 forge points a day with the current system due to either sleeping or being busy with real life. I am sure there are others who do the same. It means there is a chance for the really dedicated player to catch and even exceed the rest of us by being sure to log on and cash fps every 9 hours and 55 minutes. It is that hope that keeps a lot of non diamond players active. For the diamond users, just buy them and quitcherbellyachin

DeletedUser653

:)

Quite like the idea here. 10, 20, 30 FP is too big, but 10, 12, 14 might work and be a big reward for active players V's inactive ones ?

DeletedUser5026

Hey all,

I quite like the idea of the 12 FP cap too. It does make sense if you consider that opening a 10 FP package resets the counter, and at least for myself, time is precious, so every minute counts. Although alternatively, I would suggest that an alternative would be for developers to give players a mechanism to split a 10 FP package into two 5 FP packages. They are equivalent, so I don't see any game-breaking issues there.

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser10171

+1 on 12 fp's

I'm going to login more than twice a day no matter but 12 is one half a day and will do nothing but benefit the active players a weee wittle bit.

DeletedUser

Several +1's for this 12 hour idea

I would add my agreement on the 12 max, idea.
-It allows a bit more leeway on lazy weekends. (Todash likes to sleep in sometimes, is that so wrong? ;))

Of course its WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!! You are supposed to be online 24/7 you foolish child :p

SHELOB :D

DeletedUser

A 12 hour limit seems reasonable to start of with. I would even support going down to 10 to start off so that non active players are weeded out. My proposal would be

1) Start off with 10 fp.
2) For each age after the stone age you get an extra 2 fp until the end of the Late Middle Age. This can be split into two halves as each age is split roughly into two halves of three stages each. This would mean that you get to 12 fp at the end of the Bronze age.
3) From the colonial age you get 1 fap for every three stages; so that would be 3 fp for the colonial age. I would assume that the industrial age would have a similar progression so that could be 3 fp also.

This I believe would reward the active players while being able to store the fp. A cap of 24 can be put and I believe based on the above proposal it would be achieved at the end of the industrial age.