• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great buildings support bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have found out recently that if I support a player with lets say 100 forge points in their great building they are able to either leave the guild or even your friends list leaving you helpless. This action causes you to not be able to donate anymore forge points at all despite the building having not leveled up. This in my opinion is a form of robbery, I think this must be a mistake by the game producers surely? I think that if you support a building that you should be able to continue until it levels up. I am seriously not happy with this as I have now found out that your forge points are donated at great risk.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser276

sigh... if you read my posts on this topic.. in almost everyone I said dont support trolling bp poachers :P it goes for both sides as well. But I dont know what I talk about and I am a poo poo head and a stupid doodie.

Keep it within guilds and with people you trust. Guilds are supposed to be there for people you trust and to work together. So far I have mostly seen guilds being used for cheap trades and people to join to get bps from donating fp's. If they arnt trustworthy.. well then.. most I have noticed contain guys that are on bp swaps. Let me join and I will boost you...or you can boost me. I have warned and warned about this... but am I listened to... nooooooo. I am just a staff that has no idea what.. *sniff* what he is talking about.. *sob* sorry... I ca.. cant carry on this conversa... sation. *wipes tears*

DeletedUser

sigh... if you read my posts on this topic.. in almost everyone I said dont support trolling bp poachers :P it goes for both sides as well. But I dont know what I talk about and I am a poo poo head and a stupid doodie.

Keep it within guilds and with people you trust. Guilds are supposed to be there for people you trust and to work together. So far I have mostly seen guilds being used for cheap trades and people to join to get bps from donating fp's. If they arnt trustworthy.. well then.. most I have noticed contain guys that are on bp swaps. Let me join and I will boost you...or you can boost me. I have warned and warned about this... but am I listened to... nooooooo. I am just a staff that has no idea what.. *sniff* what he is talking about.. *sob* sorry... I ca.. cant carry on this conversa... sation. *wipes tears*

Thanks for the sympathy but i thought the rules stated that people had to be respectful to others in this game but hey maybe i was wrong. I also thought that the game was supposed to remove the liklihood of abuse in this game at every opportunity. I mean no disrespect but why even point out possible abuse in this game?

~ddrd1981

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

this was an idea? It wasnt in the ideas section nor was it in the proper format. My bad for mistaking it as a general complaint of people running off with fp.

Though with the sympathy thing mate... I have said dozens of times... be careful on who you let put fp in your buildings and be careful of who's buildings you put your fp into. It is just frustrating when I say something dozens of times and people just dont read what I say or plain disreguard it. I knew they could do that and it isnt really a bug.

Its like someone saying to another person repeatedly... dont touch that its hot. Then having the person touch it because they didnt want to listen. I am nice and cordial but cmon man... dont touch it..... it's hot.

DeletedUser

this was an idea? It wasnt in the ideas section nor was it in the proper format. My bad for mistaking it as a general complaint of people running off with fp.

Though with the sympathy thing mate... I have said dozens of times... be careful on who you let put fp in your buildings and be careful of who's buildings you put your fp into. It is just frustrating when I say something dozens of times and people just dont read what I say or plain disreguard it. I knew they could do that and it isnt really a bug.

Its like someone saying to another person repeatedly... dont touch that its hot. Then having the person touch it because they didnt want to listen. I am nice and cordial but cmon man... dont touch it..... it's hot.

I never said it was an idea read stuff more carefully! My point is that this is seriously not fair why does this player who i supported still appear in the great buildings history screen then if i can't still support them. I think this is seriously poor and should be changed and if you don't agree then you are the kind of person i would like to rob in the street. I bet you would be the kind of person who said hey here is my £200.00 I don't need it, here have my phone I won't call the police anyway. Not the kind of person i am, I don't know about anyone else but when I get robbed I fight back or at least look for some support or witnesses. Good luck on those street, you will need it.
~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

This in my opinion is a form of robbery, I think this must be a mistake by the game producers surely? I think that if you support a building that you should be able to continue until it levels up. I am seriously not happy with this as I have now found out that your forge points are donated at great risk.
~ddrd1981

I love this type of games because of the complexity they offer. I love it because they bring you to different ages or have one take a different role from RL.
But most of all, i love them for being a platform where humans of different character, temperament, background and thinking interact with each other.
I love if because despite being able to fight with imaginary catapults and knights of hundreds years ago, certain aspects are very real.
Being lied to, being robbed, following or leading, charming to recruit, debating and brainstorming with others, apologizing or being angry at (i could go on, but....), defending against bullies or being one, are as real in the game as they are in our daily life.

Without that human touch, the game would be more of arcade game (match bubbles of same color and score points). So, personally i don't wish the game turns into a clicking game.

You were lied to? Learn a lesson and make sure you don't get fooled twice. Or be a better judge at who you trust, coz there will be no game that prevents betrayal or one that makes you go through a lie detector. The developers didn't make a mistake. They just created a game for people, real people with IQ, ability to think and feel. Use them.

Don't want to get screwed? Chose friends wisely.
Don't want to be lied to? Choose a guild with better people.
And if you still want to donate FP, know that there is no investment without risk.

DeletedUser9019

Can't you go through the great building donation list in your town hall?

DeletedUser

The moment someone leaves your guild, is not in your neighbour and is not your friend, you cannot interact with their Great Buildings.

When you donate to Great Buildings, you're investing in a reward.
Just like in real life, investments can go awry though..

- L

DeletedUser9019

The moment someone leaves your guild, is not in your neighbour and is not your friend, you cannot interact with their Great Buildings.

- L

I haven't heard of any real life companies saying "Thanks for your money, but we don't want any more. Please give it to someone else" :P

I don't really see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to continue donating to buildings you have already started donating to? Of course, once they level up, you can't get to them anymore.

DeletedUser

Don't want to get screwed? Chose friends wisely.
Don't want to be lied to? Choose a guild with better people.
And if you still want to donate FP, know that there is no investment without risk.

Nice comments but quite often guilds can be infiltrated by players from other rival guilds, this you have no idea about when this occurs. I run my own guild so the players in it I trust until they show me reason to think otherwise, by then it is most likely too late. Why should I have to treat my guild members as though they are going to 'do me over'? I would prefer at least a little protection from this as i feel done over. Nice to know that the helpers are looking out for us, no disrespect.

~ddrd1981

- L

Can you not see that this is exploitation? Lets say a great building needs 500 forge points to level up and I provide say 200 and the player leaves my friends list that is exploitation is it not? If I go to a bank and invest into a portfolio I may lose some of my investment but at least I may get something back. In this case I get nothing back, that is seriously an issue why can nobody see this? I mean no disrespect Lodroth but as you know you have to trust members of your guild when they are there else nobody would trade or do anything to help each other out. Guilds can be infiltrated by players who are far from loyal and you don't know how they will act until it is too late. I think that my complaint that it is not fair should be considered and thought through for change. I'm not asking for the ability to contribute to the building forever but at least until it gets to the next level if you have contributed to it.
~ddrd1981

the player still appears there to taunt me but I can no longer contribute, this is not at all fair in my book of fairness. I don't know what fairness books other people have been reading, no disrespect to anyone.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

ddrd i agree complete with you. when you start donate forgepoints you make a little bit like 'contract': I give you, you give me. so GB should be availeable untill level finish even when not neighbour friend or guild. if you folow advice from admins you can not donate anything because how you want to know on internet who you can trust? only push account you can trust but that is not alowed from 1st februar. admin say no risk no fun basicaly. But that not intended from dev. dev want to make GB popular so can sell diamonds for missing peaces. But like this GB become UNPOPULAR and then sell not many blueprints. So basicaly advice of admins is not good for company. Better is make suggestion to dev like ddrd said.

DeletedUser

Have to say, I agree with drdd on this one. There's no way to know if someone is trustworthy or not when they join your guild, it's not like they roll around with "FP poacher" in their profile. And if they are the only ones with a certain gb, you can be sure guildies are going to donate to it. This is an oversight by the devs imo, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to finish out the current level, especially with the new gb menu in the town hall.

DeletedUser

Have to say, I agree with drdd on this one. There's no way to know if someone is trustworthy or not when they join your guild, it's not like they roll around with" FP poacher" in their profile. And if they are the only ones with a certain gb, you can be sure guildies are going to donate to it. This an oversight by the devs imo, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to finish out the current level, especially with the new gb menu in the town hall.
Thanks for your support on this KingMike, the player still appears in that very menu too which is seriously annoying.
~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

Is this a common thing that is happening to people? Just wondering if this is a "Hey, what if..." or a "Hey, people keep doing this..."

I am of two minds on this topic. On one hand I can definitely see why it would be annoying for someone to be able to stop accepting donations. But they're not really stealing anything as you still get rewarded for whatever place you end up at for your previous donations. And the owner of the building loses out on more donations from you as well as likely getting his name blacklisted from your guild, etc. So little benefit for them and not really sounding like a tactic one might use often.

Edit: Of course that being said, as suggested above, an easy solution would be allowing you to keep donating to a building for just the current level as long as you've donated before they left the guild/friends list. An interface supporting that is even already in place.

DeletedUser

Is this a common thing that is happening to people? Just wondering if this is a "Hey, what if..." or a "Hey, people keep doing this..."

I am of two minds on this topic. On one hand I can definitely see why it would be annoying for someone to be able to stop accepting donations. But they're not really stealing anything as you still get rewarded for whatever place you end up at for your previous donations. And the owner of the building loses out on more donations from you as well as likely getting his name blacklisted from your guild, etc. So little benefit for them and not really sounding like a tactic one might use often.

Edit: Of course that being said, as suggested above, an easy solution would be allowing you to keep donating to a building for just the current level as long as you've donated before they left the guild/friends list. An interface supporting that is even already in place.

I can't speak for others but it has happened to me once thus far, but I have a feeling it could happen again.

DeletedUser8813

I am in agreement here..once you start donating to a gb you should be able to continue to do so till it has finished ..no matter whether they change guilds or unfriend you or just become inactive...i have had this happen and it is frustrating..not life threatening but a right pain

DeletedUser6968

I must say that I agree with ddrd on this topic :rolleyes: We should be able to continue to contribute to a GB even if the players leave the guild, your hood our your friends list. At least until the GB reaches the next completion level.
And with the last update you can see what GB you are donating those FP. So if a GB shows up in your tracking it should remain a valid GB for donation of FP.

DeletedUser1009

i am also in agreement with DD on this. This is a loop hole that should be closed. Its foul to take fps from someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.