• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Flash 11.3 Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10337

This may be from Change 0.25. Looks like Flash 11.3 or above check is added. That makes this game unplayable on Linux platform where the Flash version is only 11.2.

Anyone else has this problem?

DeletedUser7767

Yep I am. Surely the developers would have thought to Alpha test this update on all platforms before implementing. Everyone using Ubuntu, Debian, etc are now stuffed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah what a bad surprise, 10.3 required? So all the Linux users will be unable to play.. last available flash version for linux is 10.2, abode will not release any other version. Does the game really needs the latest version? I will be very unhappy if I have to stop playing because of this! And I did not spend any money in-game, I can imagine the rage of those who bought diamonds.

Waiting for some developer justification for this 10.3 flash dependency.

Edit: I meant 11.2 and 11.3. as the official abode site says "NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have chromium and it is also stuck on 11.2. Can anyone check google chrome on linux? I know they have their pepper flash implementation, or something alike, but I guess it is also based on the adobe flash, which is 11.2..

DeletedUser

I have chromium and it is also stuck on 11.2. Can anyone check google chrome on linux? I know they have their pepper flash implementation, or something alike, but I guess it is also based on the adobe flash, which is 11.2..

Chromium and Google Chrome are not the same. Chrome for Linux has 11.5.x.x with it.

DeletedUser

Oh my.. so we are being forced to use google chrome just because of flash, imho this is ridiculous.

DeletedUser10337

Chrome should work.
If, by work, you mean it can load the flash version and the game yes. If, by work, you mean it will work properly without burning your computer or lap or table, then no. Google Chrome for Linux is a mess; especially when you run the latest flash version that comes with Chrome.

I use only Chrome when I use Windows but on Linux, I have switched back to FF.

DeletedUser

Are we just three users complaining about this? There must be much more people using non-chrome browsers in linux.. And on macos does safari has 11.3? This is really bumming me.. I will not be forced to use a browser just because of a stupid plugin. I'm waiting for a technical explanation of why this version of flash is now needed. If developers won't change to 11.2 I think sadly that this means the end of the line for me on this game.

DeletedUser

Same problem here. On my work I can not play FOE because of the flash 11.3 requirement!!! I'm using UBUNTU & Firefox and can NOT install CHROME because of administrator restrictions!!! So, what now?! Please remove the 11.3 requirement!

DeletedUser

Nope, using Firefox on Linux Mint and now I cannot do anything with my character. I doubt there is a need for the latest version that could not be disabled due to the user's current version. This is a good game, it's upsetting that Linux users are treated with disregard as it's been a known issue since Summer of last year that Adobe stopped at 11.2 for Linux.

DeletedUser

The day is passing by and no developer or moderator has commented on this. I am starting to think that this will not gather enough traction to have a real game impact.. At least a confirmation that the requirement will stay on 11.3 would be enough for me to move on.

DeletedUser11783

I use to be able to play on my iPad using the Puffin Browser app (It supports flash to an extent). But now can't because of the flash check. Hopefully Puffin should do an update soon, but as to how long is anyones guess.

DeletedUser

This sucks. I'm not affected myself but do use linux at uni.
What tech reason is there for using this version of flash? It would have to be a major security issue or something like that to justify a minor version difference, wouldn't it?

To check what versions of flash are available you can check here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

DeletedUser7767

Come on Mods, at least say something; even its to say that you dont give a monkeys about Linux users. I am in the fortunate position that I can switch between O/S but prefer to use Ubuntu as it runs quicker and smoother than any windows platform. If I had spent money here and only had the option to use a Linux based O/S I would not be a happy bunny.

DeletedUser

Come on Mods, at least say something; even its to say that you dont give a monkeys about Linux users. I am in the fortunate position that I can switch between O/S but prefer to use Ubuntu as it runs quicker and smoother than any windows platform. If I had spent money here and only had the option to use a Linux based O/S I would not be a happy bunny.

Come on, how many Linux users are likely to spend money on something, that's why they use linux, lol

I am Chrome :D

Hey Chrome :)

DeletedUser

Come on, how many Linux users are likely to spend money on something, that's why they use linux, lol

You would be surprised :P Do you know the humblebundle? It is a pack of indie games and you pay the amount of money you want! Guess who's on average paying more for the pack, yeah the linux users ;) Linux is free, fast, stable, configurable.
So for the first time I'm really disappointed with the developers.. So far I was enjoying the game, when I had a problem I would submit a ticket and would get supported. Every time I think if I had spent money on diamonds, how enraged I would be now.. This is a terrible terrible bad move of the developers, the linux community needs answers.

DeletedUser

there are some ways to play FoE with linux.

1) use Google Chrome (current flash version is 11.5)
2) there is a way to use 11.3+ for Chromium: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/how-to-make-chromium-use-flash-player.html
3) an Arch-package is available: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=60443

This I got directly from the developers. Hope it helps. busted my backside getting this info from that secretive lot :D

Replace the three stars in the URIs with 'o' 'r' 'g' respectively (or use the links I've edited in the quote above)

Status
Not open for further replies.