• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Visual Aid: Great Buildings In Neihbour hood Profile

DeletedUser2456

Hello Guys,
Below please read my idea in having a visual aid showing you peoples great buildings in your neighbourhood bar
Proposal:
Add a Visual Aid to the neighbour hood bar where when a user scrolls over the name they see there profile, motto, resources trading / need and see what great buildings they are currently building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes

Reason:
The reason for this idea is so users don't have to go into players town and look for what great buildings they got, instead they can just look at there profile.

Details:
Add visual aid for great buildings in profile - When you hover over the users profile you will be able to see the great buildings they are constructing over the GB Icon which is located top right of the dialogue box.
The dialogue box would then disappear as usual if your cursor is not on the user's profile.

Visual Aids:
UnI2Sdz.jpg
(Image courtesy of Taerlyn

Balance:
None

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse would be given.

Summary:
I hope you have liked my idea guys,

Personal Comments
If you have any suggestions that can improve this idea please add them!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 anything that saves time is a great one for me. I personally take a note of this sort of thing on paper but it is very tedious and obviously changes occur all the time as people build more buildings so need constant updates. A quicker method is fine by me, it could even state what level the building is at too making the idea even better.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

I like this idea, so I threw together a pretend screenshot. I am not sure if it is exactly what Chromeozone had in mind, and am not trying to take any credit for the suggestion, but this is what first came to mind when I read this idea.

Visual aid behind spoiler tag.
UnI2Sdz.jpg
If this is not what you intended, Chromeozone, please let me know and I will remove it.

DeletedUser2456

Taerly,
Thank you thank you thank you :D
This is exactly what I meant, I just can't find the paint application on mac xD!

I have updated this to my post, if that is ok with yourself.

DeletedUser

Taerly,
Thank you thank you thank you :D
This is exactly what I meant, I just can't find the paint application on mac xD!

I have updated this to my post, if that is ok with yourself.

Glad to be of help. I like this idea, and would find it useful. At the moment I keep an updated list of Great Buildings Under Construction in my guild forum for people looking for a specific building.

DeletedUser4089

+1 from me

From the way the screenshot looks, the player profile pops-up as normal, then you hover over the GB symbol in the top right to get the further pop-up?

I know it's a joint effort, so I'm just looking to clarify. Also at the moment, the profile disappears if you move your cursor away from the player avatar/name towards where the symbol would be, so you'd want the profile to remain as long as your cursor is over it?

I hope that all made sense.

DeletedUser2456

Bartimaeus46
+1 from me

From the way the screenshot looks, the player profile pops-up as normal, then you hover over the GB symbol in the top right to get the further pop-up?

I know it's a joint effort, so I'm just looking to clarify. Also at the moment, the profile disappears if you move your cursor away from the player avatar/name towards where the symbol would be, so you'd want the profile to remain as long as your cursor is over it?

I hope that all made sense.
Hi Bart,
The way Taerlyn developed the picture with the icon top right, This is what I was suggesting.
I was editing my post when it locked so I am currently updating it now.
As you say, The box does vanish when you no longer hover over the user's profile but there should be detection in place for that.

DeletedUser

Oh I have no idea on implementation, I sort of just cut and pasted that imaginary picture together from current in-game screens.

Might not want to do it that way though, as the profile staying there when you move the mouse upwards away from the Avatar at the bottom might be annoying for people that are wanting to click on part of their town.

The additional window could just show itself at the same time when the profile popup comes up (assuming that there are any Great Buildings under construction at the moment). Or something. I dunno! I just like the idea of having that additional information available somewhere other than having to go into the person's town and hunt around.

DeletedUser12686

(THUMBS UP)
Amen - that is an excellent idea ... I would expect to see an idea as good as this implemented in the very near future, as it wouldn't require much additional code to enable it.
Futhermore, it would be a huge convenience for FoE players, as most of us are GB-focused.

DeletedUser

+1 from me, nice idea. The simple ideas are usually the best and most useful.

DeletedUser2456

Thanks Mutzena and Wizard :D
Lets hope this gets moved to the great ideas forum where it will be checked by the developers!

DeletedUser7837

+1 Very good idea ,
another idea would be to have all the available Great Buildings( Neighborhood - Friends - Guild ) in your town hall section so you can just click there and see all great buildings ( those that you have contributed to them and those that you can contribute now).

check spoiler for Screen shot
Id1.jpg

All Great Buildings that you can contribute to them but you haven't contributed any forge point yet , will show 0 Forge points next to them

DeletedUser2456

Nice idea Nimav,
I think this idea has already been proposed before though, Im not sure!
Its worth starting up another thread for it though !

DeletedUser2989

+1 to the idea if the GB pop up showed from when you hold the cursor over the GB icon below the message icon (just to solve the problem of the profile pop disappearing before you reach the second pop up box). The current pop up for that icon is useless and it would be much better if it listed the details of their GB's as described in the OP.