• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

there is one in every neighbourhood...

DeletedUser

I think that we were talking about players not letting go of early-Age buildings. Some people cannot seem to move forward and develop some sort of weird, sentimental attachment to lumber camps. goat farms, and such things - even into the Colonial Age, LOL!! Absurd things like that. Yes, you CAN sell old buildings and build NEW ones!

I understand the sentiments, really I do. I think that most of us in guilds really like to help the newbies. Thus, we already have the lumber and dye and limestone and gold, etc. So, if you find yourself at the low points in your guild, move on as quickly as you can because you can always trade up with your senior guild members. Right!? The more experienced players know how to take the early-Age goods and trade up.

And, Traceyfields, I like your comment about putting in your own asterisks for colorful adjectives! I am going to do that from now on. Kind of like the *Bleep* on TV to cover up so-called bad words!!! Hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh! Traceyfields, I still have my Theater, too. I just like it - for the same reasons as you ;D

DeletedUser

Well there is still uses for lower age goods later on, Great Buildings for one, sector negotiations up to HMA at least I believe.. And these are no small amounts either. I used to have a few hundred of the low tier goods in stock. Now I find myself producing marble again just to keep my stock up :) Can't trade down either since the other goods I still need for negotiations myself. Plus I trade a lot with lower age guild members to help them out.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

And, Traceyfields, I like your comment about putting in your own asterisks for colorful adjectives! I am going to do that from now on. Kind of like the *Bleep* on TV to cover up so-called bad words!!! Hahaha.
Expect some reactions then ;)

And yes, I've got some buildings from lower ages as well :D Some are there for looks, others are there as well to please guild members or neighbours who are hunting for the lower level blueprints ;)

The amounts of lower-age goods too is really incredible if you want to negotiate your way on the map, or as Mutzena said, for the great buildings alone!

DeletedUser3157

You sentimental fools lol, I would even raze a lvl10 colosseum once I unlock trading companies research :P

DeletedUser10135

Back to the goat farm, perhaps do the players like to hear the goats whenver they collect supplies ;)

I think some cultural buildings might look "obsolete" to you but are still worthy in terms of happiness : academy, library, printer, amphitheater (you still have yours, don't you ;) )

DeletedUser

Some people cannot seem to move forward and develop some sort of weird, sentimental attachment to lumber camps.

HAHA!

of course, sentimental fools like me with lumber camps and vine yards, and stacks of tier 1 goods DIDN'T just zip through that new christmas quest, DID WE??? ;) :p

tracey
totally senti - mental

DeletedUser11940

DO NOT have hunters in CA or LMA or the upcoming INDA, Its a bad idea... :o

DeletedUser

It is ironic that a few asterisks catch the attention of mods but loud, bold capitalized shouting letters do not.

But what I really want to comment on is the public baths. They are such huge space wasters. For example, 3 markets take up less space and give more happiness. But the most important thing happens when the polishing wears off. With 6 markets, the polishing can wear off a couple of them and your people are still happy. With 4 baths, when the polishing wears off of them, you're in trouble.

DeletedUser

i'm also leave some iron age buildings like public bath and even fountain just to have a nice sceneric view..

DeletedUser5026

I think some cultural buildings might look "obsolete" to you but are still worthy in terms of happiness : academy, library, printer, amphitheater (you still have yours, don't you ;) )

But what I really want to comment on is the public baths. They are such huge space wasters.

I hate theaters, public baths and amphitheatres, solely for the reason that I don't want Great Buildings from the Bronze or Iron Ages, but I am obliged to do so if any of those are the highest (= best) available for polishing. Example: I'm looking for blueprints for St. Mark's Basilica, and there is a church (520 happiness) and one of the above (hated) cultural buildings (540/570/880 happiness respectively).

In any case, it looks strange for one of those buildings to be sitting next to an LMA or CA Town Hall, a very strange juxtaposition.

DeletedUser

But the most important thing happens when the polishing wears off. With 6 markets, the polishing can wear off a couple of them and your people are still happy. With 4 baths, when the polishing wears off of them, you're in trouble.

On the other hand you only need one or two of those polished to get back up, instead of needing more ;)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser3157

It's about risk management, it is 'safer' having more smaller culturals than few big ones in that sense should P/M not be a problem in ur guild. It is always the guys with circuses who we got begging for quick polish about 12h after the peak activity hours. 2 of their circuses run out during lowest acivity hours at same time and they can be screwed for quite a while. esp since that's around euro noon, what coincidently is when u also gotta pvp if u want to get all 7 rounds into the tower. While if polish for 9 of my 20 culturals runs out I will be still ok. Anyways for me the the utter dependance on polish circus has was reason enough to decide it being worthless(not to mention it is so freaking ugly) for me to drop my savings into it.

DeletedUser

It is ironic that a few asterisks catch the attention of mods but loud, bold capitalized shouting letters do not.

It does catch our attention, and a full post in huge huge letters will be edited; however, a single word in a larger size is fine :) After all, the possibility to change font size is provided on the forums ^^.

Profanity will be dealt with at once though, as we like to keep the forums family-friendly and younger children read here as well. I think we edit posts (or have them edited) more often than you think :)

Maybe I should point out once more for the general public that we do have forum rules (click here). Please read them!

DeletedUser

(Darn, there goes my plan to use my own asterisks!)

I love goats, too. :D They are cute and funny.
You have to move on, Illegal. I know that it is painful, but you have to learn to Let Go!!!!

DeletedUser10537

Oups, I'm in colonial age and unfortunately, i still have my 3 lovely public bath...with a couple of alchemist and clapboard house.. believe me I really want to move on but my supply manager can't up its production so I'm stuck with those.. hopefully not till the progressive era...

DeletedUser653

I like players with buildings from all ages, makes collecting BP's much easier (so many thanks for all those baths and theaters etc) and I agree they do look good!

xxxx

Just being me! but seriously, the forum replaces what it thinks are "nasty" words with 4 asterisks so using 1,2,3 or 5 is OK and leads to no confusion.

DeletedUser

Just being me! but seriously, the forum replaces what it thinks are "nasty" words with 4 asterisks so using 1,2,3 or 5 is OK and leads to no confusion.
And then us Moderators come along and replace those asterisks with a more appropriate word and then private message/give infraction to the player using inappropriate language.
Verbally, swearing does slip out among most of us at some point or another, when your transferring your thoughts/feelings/opinion (whatever) into written text, you then consciously type the word you intend to use - therefore, in written form, there is no excuse for swearing or using inappropriate language because you can just as easily type an alternative word thus avoiding any confusion whatsoever!

DeletedUser653

Mike,
having been pulled up because the system replaces normal words as well as swear words with 4 astericks and given an warning, it would be good if moderators could see the original post before jumping on players backs, or at least give them the ability to see the replaced word as many times players are using correct English and the software over reacts and replaces normal words. But then the mod overreacts and replaces those astericks with another word and hands out a warning to the player when they have no knowledge of any swear word used.

I do understand that in most cases I am sure a swear word was used, but you do not know what the original word was and when the software gets it wrong you still react the same!

Now looking for EWA buildings to P&M - so thanks for all those players with older buildings!

DeletedUser

It is best to check your post right after you submitted it - then it's still fresh what you wrote and you'll see the asterix's when they come up. You'll have plenty of time then to correct or rephrase whatever you wanted to say, and there won't be any need for mods to jump on anyone.

If you leave censored words out, we'll take it as swearing, yes, and the same applies to the situation where you put those stars there yourself, after all, putting them there means you know it may have been bad language. As we keep telling players, younger children read here as well, and we like to keep the forums family-friendly.

Although it may be true that the censor can be over-sensitive, if you come across a normal word that's censored out, it's still best to do what I wrote above -and- let us know, so there's a chance to adjust it in the censor.

That way everybody will be happy, I think ;)